As a Black Man

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Chinaman, I was offended too, not by the closing of the post or the contents therein, but by the fact that my post was deleted. That said, I understand that we are supposed to be politically correct. So I remain quiet. Frankly, it does not really have to do with race. We all know Moon from this board and love him. I highly suspect he is also black.

On the other hand, the original post does seem to suggest that Chinese women are cheap and easy. Such generalization, whether true or not, started all the stereotypical remarks. If I had a chance, I would reiterate the feelings expressed in my deleted post and certainly will not appologize. I am in China and don't need to be politically correct. Unfortunately, because of a few individuals like the original poster, it does make things a lot harder for some others.

Charles, I'm really confused by what you are trying to say. Would you spell it out for me? I can be really dense sometimes.

I deleted what I orginally wrote.... basically, I thought he was doing a dis-service to himself.

I didn't think he was helping himself or any poor chinese woman who should be unfortunate to meet him thinking she would have a life in the USA. Relationships are hard enough without... at the very least the thought of love.

I don't know if he felt slighted here because he is Black, but personally, i felt that orginal post was very strange and probably shouldn't have been started.

whether the man was black or any other race is irrellevent, it was strange. I feel a person is a person, is a person. doesn't matter if she is unfortunate enough to be a "sex-worker" or not... I beleive God wanted all of his children to be loved.

I understand the man had problems, I hope he can overcome them, but I'd hate to see any woman, chinese or other used this way..... at the same time, one could argue we all use one another for one reason or another... but that is another story.

As a MAN, I was offended... Thank you Charles for this thread.

I don't think race had anything to do with it. There are people of many different races on this site.

Having lived in China for a while, I love Chinese people. When I see expats like him, it makes me really sad. It's people like him that give foreigners a bad name (in China).

I really do hope he finds happyness and love.

I have been a member of this site for a year and a half. I have seen a few times where threads turned in to battles, but in general, I think we are a supportive forum. We sometimes disagree, but even in disagreeing, I feel that we are just trying to help.

As a MAN, I was offended... Thank you Charles for this thread.

I don't think race had anything to do with it. There are people of many different races on this site.

Having lived in China for a while, I love Chinese people. When I see expats like him, it makes me really sad. It's people like him that give foreigners a bad name (in China).

I really do hope he finds happyness and love.

I have been a member of this site for a year and a half. I have seen a few times where threads turned in to battles, but in general, I think we are a supportive forum. We sometimes disagree, but even in disagreeing, I feel that we are just trying to help.

You all keep misunderstanding me. What I said was: For a black man who is "into" Asian women, there may not be enough chances in the United States. And this is because of the ratio of black men to Asian women (#1) and the negative perceptions of black men (#2). I just think that finding an Asian woman in China and taking her back to the United States might be As Good As It Gets. (Gone are the days when I was young and idealistic. My behavior is driven by pragmatism more than anything else.)

What I was suggesting was that a lot of people became a lot more hostile with their posts once my color came out. Note that one of the posters a few posts back said something about "I'm not in the United States, so I don't have to be politically correct." When did the conversation even take the direction of political correctness?

I don't see where the poster who suggested that I gave foreigners in China a bad name is coming from. I speak the local language and my intentions are no different to what any other red blooded man's would be.

Right on the mark Don! :ok: :rotfl: I too was reading insecurity there.

Ditto.

Bi-polar conditions need to be managed very carefully and one should be mindful of their behaviors. When the dark mood swings occur good communications with the loved one are in order for you to have some space and 'get over it' as they say.

The vast majority of people posting on this forum are involved in a cross cultural relationship. I believe that for the most part the people on this forum are a bit more open to you dateing an asian woman. What throws everyone into a tizzy is the fact of you wanting to date a "working girl". Rescue her by bringing her to the United States and she will be forever in your debt .Read and reread cerberus post. You will learn a lot.I have some friends who were in the military and people that they knew brought working girls to the United States . Most of the times it did not work out. Most hookers have a rough life. If you have one working out of a bar in China, She knows men and how to spend their money, buy her a drink of watered down booze. Take you upstairs maybe roll you after you fell asleep in a drunken stupor. Once in a while she gets a man who thinks he owns her for that hour or so. He likes it rough, Slaps her around bust a few teeth. After a few times of this she carries a knife and when it gets rough she sticks it in his belly.She has protection from the local police. everything is hushed up thus no police record. You walk into the picture . Lay out your plan The United States looks so good to her. You bring her here to live with you. Someday you will forget your meds. You frighten her . What will she do . Stick a knife in your belly? This is how she handles this situation. Maybe you run into hard times . Money is tight. You say dear you need to get a job. Will she start hooking because she can make more money in a half a day than she can in a week of working a regular job. Can you handle this.

Right on the mark Don! :ok: :rotfl: I too was reading insecurity there.

Ditto.

Bi-polar conditions need to be managed very carefully and one should be mindful of their behaviors. When the dark mood swings occur good communications with the loved one are in order for you to have some space and 'get over it' as they say.

True! I had a good friend who worked in my department, we always wondered about his mood swings, mostly he was excited, but sometimes he would be quiet. On night I went to a class with him, he seemed to be in an OK mood, the next day he did not show up to work. We did not hear from him for a few days, then we found out that he killed him self. It was awful, only then did we find out that he was bi-polar. Our department was devastated, we all miss him very much.

I know that disorder can be quite a problem.