Marriage in Liuzhou

Hello, I am a new member, just begining my journey. My name is Mike and my Chinese fiancee is Yizhen. We want to marry in China, and since I have not applied for my Visa yet, we want to know if it is possible to get a Z Visa, resident permit, marry, and file in Guangzhou "DCF"? It seems that this would be the fastest and easiest way to file, but I am not sure about the time requirements. How long to get resident permit, marriage permit, and is there a minimum time of residency. Is it the rules, or the intent that we should worry about?

Reguardless, we want to marry in China and come to USA. we just want to go the fastest way possible. Thank you for all the help and support that you can give us, Mike & Zhen

I am going to get my authenticated certificate of marriageability today, I hope that I will have some guidence when I return. We have a Chinese Embassy here in Chicago.

Definitely take a look at the information about DCF that Bob supplied.

But if you are not able establish yourself as living and working in China you will need to consider one of the other categories.

K-1 visa - This requires that you intend to marry in the US after she has her visa.

CR-1 visa - You marry in China and file the I-130 for an alien relative (spouse)

K-3 visa - You have filed a CR-1 visa but want to complete the process in the US.

The processing times will vary with each individual for the different visa types, but usually the K-1 will finish faster, followed by the K-3 with the CR-1 coming in last.

If time is the issue then you will want to talk about having a wedding ceremony in China, but not a LEGAL ceremony. Then you will have 90 days from the time she enters the US on a K-1 visa to get legally married.

If being legally married in China is extremely important to her and her family then you would want to look at the CR-1 visa followed which you would follow up with the K-3 petition.

Filing the CR-1 alone is your longest wait normally for her to come to the US.

It is important that you both agree on the visa type before you get to China as it will determine some of the things you will need to do to help expedite the process of filing. There will be paperwork that needs to be completed and signed by each of you, and some items require things like her address in Chinese characters.

Once you have determined which method works best for the two of you there is a good bit of information available to help you to know what paperwork is important now and what time frame you have to get the next set of papers ready.

Some will point you to someone getting a CR-1 visa in 6-7 months and others will know of a K-1 that took 2 years, but usually the K-1 is quickest if the DCF requirements can not be met.

Hello, I am a new member, just begining my journey. My name is Mike and my Chinese fiancee is Yizhen. We want to marry in China, and since I have not applied for my Visa yet, we want to know if it is possible to get a Z Visa, resident permit, marry, and file in Guangzhou "DCF"? It seems that this would be the fastest and easiest way to file, but I am not sure about the time requirements. How long to get resident permit, marriage permit, and is there a minimum time of residency. Is it the rules, or the intent that we should worry about?

Reguardless, we want to marry in China and come to USA. we just want to go the fastest way possible. Thank you for all the help and support that you can give us, Mike & Zhen

I am going to get my authenticated certificate of marriageability today, I hope that I will have some guidence when I return. We have a Chinese Embassy here in Chicago.

Last night, Zhen and I decided after a long discussion, that we will wait to get married in USA. So I will go to China to visit, get engaged, take photos, and have a great vacation (honeymoon) before the wedding. We are already gathering the necessities for filing K1. We decided that it was the safest and fastest way for us.Now we off on the "Journey for our life".

I am sure we will be asking stupid questions forever, but we want no mistakes, no errors, and no omissions, only a smooth ride. It seems that K1 has the fewest chances for mistakes, and the wait has not been so bad lately. It looks like many are in the USA in less than 1 year. I know that Zhen's fear is that I will forget her or leave her in China, but I love her and I told her that we could be married in China. I promised her that I would do what ever she wanted. Yesterday, I had my Certificate of Marriagability Authenticated at the Chinese Consulate in Chicago. I will be going to China in late Oct. I would appreciate any suggestions on planning the trip, clothes to bring, money, exchange rate, etc. that would make my trip easier. I have never left the USA before, so your experience will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike & Zhen

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Hello again, Now that we have made our decision, the path is beginning to get clearer. I got my plane ticket today, paciasia.com. The nicest, smoothest time I have ever had getting a plane ticket. I will say more in the communications and planes section. Tommorrow, I will get my Visa. Then we will have 8 weeks to get ready for K1, and the interview. I will need help I'm sure, there will be many questions. If there is something or someplace for me to start, I would appreciate your advice. I will be landing a Guangzhou at 11:35 AM. I will not be able to make a connecting flight till the next afternoon at 12:30 pm. I am thinking about the train. Any thoughts? Could I make the connection same day with carry on bags? 1 hour between landing and departure to Liuzhou. Oh, what about sending I-129f from china before I return to the USA. You can tell I am getting excited, but I know that I haven't even begun the wait.

thanks, for your help. Mike & Zhen

Hi,

At this point think about documenting your relationship at every turn of events. If you have a video camera, be sure to take it and make a 'home movie' of you two communicating. Keep EVERY piece of paper from this trip. Make copies of your tickets, boarding passes, etc. Read the FAQ here and at VisaJourney.com

-James and Loving Candle

Hello again, Now that we have made our decision, the path is beginning to get clearer. I got my plane ticket today, paciasia.com. The nicest, smoothest time I have ever had getting a plane ticket. I will say more in the communications and planes section. Tommorrow, I will get my Visa. Then we will have 8 weeks to get ready for K1, and the interview. I will need help I'm sure, there will be many questions. If there is something or someplace for me to start, I would appreciate your advice. I will be landing a Guangzhou at 11:35 AM. I will not be able to make a connecting flight till the next afternoon at 12:30 pm. I am thinking about the train. Any thoughts? Could I make the connection same day with carry on bags? 1 hour between landing and departure to Liuzhou. Oh, what about sending I-129f from china before I return to the USA. You can tell I am getting excited, but I know that I haven't even begun the wait.

thanks, for your help. Mike & Zhen

MIke,

If you cannot make the Liuzhou flight that same day - consider taking a flight to Guilin - and can get a car or bus ride from there to Liuzhou - only 2 hours away by car. There should be several flights from GZ to Guilin each day.

Hope you figure it out.

Scott

Hello again, I am back with more good news, Zhen has decided she really wants to marry in

China, and in the beginning I promised her that I would do what ever she wanted. So we are getting Married on October 30, I think. I got a connecting flight to Nanning, so we will meet there, and register after the weekend. Now I must start to gather the forms and documents that we will need. Is there any thing I should know before I leave for China, about the wedding or my duties as a groom. I don't want to make a cultural blunder. Any sugestion for a personal wedding gift. Do Chinese women expect similar gifts as american women, or are there traditional chinese gift? Help! I need help, I leave in less than 60 days. thanks Mike & Zhen.