:blink: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I just talked with my wife...and she got another blue slip. She can't understand why the VO didn't ask for all this information together the last time.

At her first interview....the VO asked her if she was....or ever had been a member of the CCP or any other organization. She said no...never. The same when asked if she had ever been a member of any terrorist organization. No...never!!! Now one of the blue slip items is a notarized statement from her current/ past employer's stating she has never been a member of the CCP. Why??? She has already stated under oath...that she has never been a member.

And the other major concern....is her trip to Afganistan to visit her friend in 2004 before she met me. They want a notarized statement from her detailing her trip there. The places she stayed...the friend's name and address. China isn't at war with Afganistan....we the powerful and corrupt USA is.

Right now...I am very upset and angry about this. I am about ready to chuck this !@#$%^&* country...and move to China. Or declare war on Guz. If this happened here in the US...it would be called violating my civil rights. But it is ok...in China...for Guz to act like little Gods. I think it is about time for them to be held accountable for their actions. Any advice on what course of action I should take? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest pushbrk
:D  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  I just talked with my wife...and she got another blue slip. She can't understand why the VO didn't ask for all this information together the last time.

At her first interview....the VO asked her if she was....or ever had been a member of the CCP or any other organization. She said no...never. The same when asked if she had ever been a member of any terrorist organization. No...never!!! Now one of the blue slip items is a notarized statement from her current/ past employer's stating she has never been a member of the CCP. Why??? She has already stated under oath...that she has never been a member.

And the other major concern....is her trip to Afganistan to visit her friend in 2004 before she met me. They want a notarized statement from her detailing her trip there. The places she stayed...the friend's name and address. China isn't at war with Afganistan....we the powerful and corrupt USA is.

Right now...I am very upset and angry about this. I am about ready to chuck this !@#$%^&* country...and move to China. Or declare war on Guz. If this happened here in the US...it would be called violating my civil rights. But it is ok...in China...for Guz to act like little Gods. I think it is about time for them to be held accountable for their actions. Any advice on what course of action I should take? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

229519[/snapback]

I'm really sorry to hear you are having this difficulty.

Unfortunately, your wife visited a country where terrorists who attacked the USA were trained. It is reasonable for the US government to obtain detailed information convincing them she has no ties to terrorism.

A terrorist would not hesitate to make false statements under oath, in order to enter the USA.

Your wife is not a terrorist and can prove it. It IS sad they have not asked for all the documentation earlier but to ask for it, seems quite reasonable to me. Since she probably CAN comply with these requests, then calmly and completely doing so as quickly as possible would seem to be the best choice availble to you at this time.

sorry to hear this.. the good news (if one can say that) is that it is staying within GUZ and not being sent back to the US.

They are not taking her 'word' since they seem to have some contradictory evidence or something that makes them question her statements; ergo, they want other proof... The CCP and now the trip to Afganistan seems to have suddenly floated to the surface as one of their concerns.. they see some connection somewhere that doesn't fit with her answers.

If you were able to go to the ACH, you could possibly ask some pointed questions and get the source of this... but in the absence of that, you can only go by their requests for information.

The golden rule is: Give GUZ what they want...

- get the employer (or more than one if possible) to state firm knowledge that she is NOT a member of CCP.

- get the friend to write up details, others who might be able to as well.

I think she should also write-up something notarized that is completely in sync with what the others say; So she should say it one more time.

sorry to hear this.. the good news (if one can say that) is that it is staying within GUZ and not being sent back to the US.

They are not taking her 'word' since they seem to have some contradictory evidence or something that makes them question her statements; ergo, they want other proof...  The CCP and now the trip to Afganistan seems to have suddenly floated to the surface as one of their concerns.. they see some connection somewhere that doesn't fit with her answers.

If you were able to go to the ACH, you could possibly ask some pointed questions and get the source of this...  but in the absence of that, you can only go by their requests for information.

- get the employer (or more than one if possible) to state firm knowledge that she is NOT a member of CCP.

I think she should also write-up something notarized that is completely in sync with what the others say;  So she should say it one more time.

229537[/snapback]

I agree with the prior postings. As far as her trip to Afganistan, I think our government would be very careful in a post 911 world. I honestly think your civil rights have not been violated, the government is exercising its police powers to protect the country. I would not take a hostile stance against the government as your posting suggests. Instead I would fully comply with their requests as completely as possible and once the government receives the proof it needs then you should be clear to go.

As unfair as it may seem, I think your only profitable course of action is to comply with their request. Granted, I think anyone in your situation would be highly upset. Still, in this process, they have all the power. Hang in there and I suspect you will eventually prevail. Best of luck to both of you.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Please stay cool. This is not the time to lose your head. It's not over.Someone saw a trip to Afganistan and and their bell started ringing They have all the power and we have to comply with whatever they want. It's just the reality of it. Get what they want, present it , and hope for the best.

. Never, but NEVER give up! I am sure you will prevail in the end :)

Afghanistan is the flag for sure. Many many people have gone there for terrorist training and then come back to another country to be sleepers. Just don't lose your cool. I have been in government jobs in related areas and I'm not at all surprised.

She has been honest in reporting her Afghan trip. In the long run this is the right thing to do. If she had not reported it and it was later discovered it is likely you'd never get a visa. As others have advised, give GZ what they want, maybe with a nice letter from you along the lines ... she reported her trip, we understand how this could trigger additional questions, I am a (vet, loyal citizen, whatever), we both hope that your concerns can be quickly layed to rest.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. However if she went to Afanganistan they wish to know why and what she did there. You two have went the long haul together on this. Just give them what they asked for and you will be in the clear. Be happy it is not being sent back to the US for further review. Good luck.

Another hurdle. :) As David says, statements about not being a member of the CCP or terminating membership are usually taken at face value unless the VO has information to the contrary. For example, in your wife's case, it may be that the employees of your wife's employers are routinely members of the party, and this raised an issue with the VO when she said she was never a member.

The Afghanistan trip is another issue, and the fact that your wife traveled there in 2004 could easily raise a flag particularly if it is not common for Chinese citizens to get visit the country. It would seem to me that the rules related to terrorist activities are more expansive than for CCP membership/affiliation. In responding to the query about her trip, you might take a look at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html which lays out some of the activities than would make your wife ineligible to receive the visa.

They are not taking her 'word' since they seem to have some contradictory evidence or something that makes them question her statements; ergo, they want other proof...  The CCP and now the trip to Afganistan seems to have suddenly floated to the surface as one of their concerns.. they see some connection somewhere that doesn't fit with her answers.

If you were able to go to the ACH, you could possibly ask some pointed questions and get the source of this...  but in the absence of that, you can only go by their requests for information.

I think she should also write-up something notarized that is completely in sync with what the others say;  So she should say it one more time.

229537[/snapback]

I can certainly understand your being angry with the situation. After you get over being angry it will be time to go to work. I agree with what David was saying about getting information to show Guz who your wife is. I think it is impossible to prove that someone is not a terrorist. I mean to prove to someone who does not know you or your wife. I believe you can give Guz enough information for them to cover their ass. They are after all people just doing a job and they want to continue to work.

So give them enough information to satisfy themselves. I think the answer is in China with your wife. You might want to help her think about all the people who can write a letter of reference for her. Doctors, teachers, policemen, and of course other family members are a few that come to mind. An explanation of the trip by different people would be great. I would encourage people to write about who your wife is and not write about what she is not.

Are you sure this is the issue Guz is giving you a hard time about? I can remember times in the process of getting my wife here I had to remember to think smart. This is hard to do when a person is dealing with matters of the heart.

All the best to you on your journey. Stay close to CFL.

They have what you need. Anger won't help you get it from them. Suck it up and get them what they want. In the sage words of advice our glorious leader Don gave me when my wife and I had to overcome our blue slip. "Use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of your mouth while kissing their ass." Good luck.

In all the terrorist events that have happened. I cannot think of any event that has had anything to do with a Chinese person doing the terrorist act. Just because your SO went to visit Afganistan, its quite a stretch to think she went to learn about Jihad. Doh, WTF? Is your SO moslem?

They have what you need.  Anger won't help you get it from them.  Suck it up and get them what they want.  In the sage words of advice our glorious leader Don gave me when my wife and I had to overcome our blue slip.  "Use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of your mouth while kissing their ass."  Good luck.

229762[/snapback]

Just to echo everybody's excellent advice....please stay focus on what GUZ is asking..as hard as it is to do so. Also, be strong for her!! She will follow your strengths and encouragement. In addition, by a case of mouthwash and follow Carl's advice.....good luck!! She will be with you soon!!

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)