Interview Results!!!!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My SO came, She saw and Kicked their you know what!!!!!!!!!

She passed with flying colors. She said it was a piece of cake. Not many girls that day. But she did say the VO's were pleasant and nice. We were there at 715, in the building at 810 and she was done by 930am

More info to follow.

Carl & Haixia

214268[/snapback]

Good for you.My SO also went through like a breeze.I think the "arsenal" of SOLID documents we gathered,and the fact that I went to Guangzhou with her and she presented my passport along with her's to the VO was hands down a win situation for her.Good luck to you.

ok here is a little info and observations from the 11th..

Well the day began with a 6am get up. We went to the local 7/11 around the corner to get some breakfast. I could see many Chinese staff going to work. I must say that I was a little nervous but my SO was not nervous at all. She and her daughter were smiling and having a good time. As we turned the corner to proceed to the line, I could see the guards barking orders to the crowd. I was laughing and mocking this one guard. Then my SO began to tell me to stop. I told her to relax and let me have my fun here. Then when it was time, the guards began to hand out number to go up stairs. I followed my girl up the escalator to the fake Starbucks coffee shop, where a cup of coffee cost $3..what a rip off. I sat there from 810am and waited. I then began see the girls come downstairs around 930am. I noticed that when the SO’s came down stairs they walk into an area with a lot of travel agents and there offices. There, they got mobbed by the agents to buy tickets for home ward bound trip....which is kind of funny, just for the record, if you try and go upstairs with your SO, they will be on you like white on rice.

When my SO came down stairs after her interview, I could see her daughter jumping around so I knew she had been successful. It felt good and I was ready to get out of Guangzhou, but we remained for another 5 day, I had purposely pushed my flight out until next week incase I had to go and make thing right or make them an offer they can’t refuse....hahahhah(horse head in bed) Anyway, I must say, it is very damn hot here and humid. I met this American and he told me that this is nothing compared to July and August. I am from Washington DC area and it does not get like this ever maybe one or two days. This place is hot....hahahaha

These are some of the questions that were asked of my SO.

1. Can you speak English?

2. Did your fiancé apply for you? (Pressing my passport to the window)

3. How many times did he come to china to see you?

4. Do you have PICS of your fiancé? ( flipped through the photo album)

5. Do you have your fiancee employment letter?

6. Have you divorced?

7. Do you know your ex-husbands known address?

8. He ask my SO why she loved me...

9. Have you been to America?

When my SO was called to the window, she noticed that there was two Chinese girls as translator watching and smiling at her. She also thinks they have seen her before. I am asked her why she said this. She responded by saying she felt they may have read CFL.

As she approached the window, She did not hesitate to greet him in English and the VO responded with a smile. My So began to joke the VO and pepper him with questions and compliments. I told her she was blowing smoke up his Ass..hahahah. She responded by saying if she kept him answering her questions, he would have not time to be serious. I responded back to her by saying, “Your files were in order and he had no reason to think of to deny you, don’t be

fooled, these people could have thrown us in a black hole and we would still be there this fall.”

The one thing issues that concerned me was, My SO’s niece. She had been living with her for at least 4 years but was not officially adopted until 2 days prior to me submitting the I-129 application. During the interview, the VO did not ask any questions about her natural mom and dad or where was the mom(My SO’s sister in-law). I feel the VO simple assumed that since they both had the last name that things were in order and he had not reason to question this fact.

My SO reported back that the waiting room was not crowed and there seem not to be many girls that day. All seats were taken but none were standing. No girls were denied before her, but one lady reported that after her, there were many that were sent home not to happy. But as I mentioned before, when the VO ask my SO a questions, he would always verify the answers by checking the file. The VO then told her she passed and congratulated her.

I can say that I scatted through with no issues. I can not understand why so many people get caught up and suffer from this process. I am so fortunate and lucky to have gotten through in less then 5 and half months. I wish all the luck to those still going through this process.

Carl, Haixia & Yanan

Guest pushbrk
Congrats Carl, maybe you should pass on your secret to speeding up the processes for the other new people here....if only we knew... Congrats on the rest of your journey and good luck.

Bill :blink:

214711[/snapback]

Carl was able to file through the Vermont service center and the rest of the timing was good luck. Success is merit based though. I take it the papers and relationship proof were in order, the fiance was confident and the relationship was clearly valid.

Pushbrk

You are right on target as always. let me say this, I also think my name was flagged in the State Dept database ase well. I applied there a couple of years ago and this could have speed along the back ground checks. But I am not sure about this. I am sure when they intered my SOC, my name and address popped up and they did not need to do much more investigating on me. proof of relationship was there as well. I just think I was lucky thats all. I expected the worse and did pretty well.

Carl