WE DID IT! WOOHOO!!! :) Here is my report. We checked into a hotel room in the embassy building, room 804. Go there and check it out - its a nice place and the boss bends over backwards to help you out. We stayed in the same place as Rick and Yanlan so that was fun. We went out for dinner and compared notes. The next day, April 26th, Elf had her interview at 7:15 (so said the paper) but they didnt let people in until 7:30. I waited outside until 9 then went into the American section. The room where the SO has their interview is seperated from the American citizen section by a big glass wall. I had some documents for Elf so I ran into the Chinese side and gave them to her, hugged her, and gave a few last minute tips. As usual she was calm as could be whereas yours truly was anything but. Finally a guard came over and kicked me out so I went to the American side and sat next to the wall. I couldnt see where she was sitting but I could see the visa booths. There were about 6 open and each interview took around 15 minutes. One went on for almost an hour! It was not good ... blue slips left and right. Finally Elf got called and my heart leapt up into my throat. I stood up to get a better view and decided I needed a glass of water to calm down. I grabbed a drink from the cooler and came back ... SHE WAS GONE! My balls joined my heart and stomach somewhere in the throat and I was ready to pass out. I figured she was rejected outright - we had changed addresses w/o telling the embassy and we didnt have proof of future residence. I ran out into the hall to find out what happened. She was standing at a counter. "ZHANG QIAN!!" I screamed "What happened!?" She just turned around, smiling like an angel, and held up that oh-so-beautiful pink slip. WE GOT IT! I danced a jig right there in the middle of the embassy.

I met two other CFL'ers at the embassy. I think one was Katrina - cute blonde in the coffee bar ... was that you? Also Mr. Moore - thanks for the advice. Good luck to your and your family. Your daughter is adorable!

Next stop, Washington DC and then on to Virginia. Thanks so much to everyone here and all the help you've given. Truly, we could not have done this without yall.

-Alec & Elf

p.s. Shout out to Rick and Yanlan. Keep your chin up. Youll get through this.

WE DID IT! WOOHOO!!! :P Here is my report. We checked into a hotel room in the embassy building, room 804. Go there and check it out - its a nice place and the boss bends over backwards to help you out. We stayed in the same place as Rick and Yanlan so that was fun. We went out for dinner and compared notes. The next day, April 26th, Elf had her interview at 7:15 (so said the paper) but they didnt let people in until 7:30. I waited outside until 9 then went into the American section. The room where the SO has their interview is seperated from the American citizen section by a big glass wall. I had some documents for Elf so I ran into the Chinese side and gave them to her, hugged her, and gave a few last minute tips. As usual she was calm as could be whereas yours truly was anything but. Finally a guard came over and kicked me out so I went to the American side and sat next to the wall. I couldnt see where she was sitting but I could see the visa booths. There were about 6 open and each interview took around 15 minutes. One went on for almost an hour! It was not good ... blue slips left and right. Finally Elf got called and my heart leapt up into my throat. I stood up to get a better view and decided I needed a glass of water to calm down. I grabbed a drink from the cooler and came back ... SHE WAS GONE! My balls joined my heart and stomach somewhere in the throat and I was ready to pass out. I figured she was rejected outright - we had changed addresses w/o telling the embassy and we didnt have proof of future residence. I ran out into the hall to find out what happened. She was standing at a counter. "ZHANG QIAN!!" I screamed "What happened!?" She just turned around, smiling like an angel, and held up that oh-so-beautiful pink slip. WE GOT IT! I danced a jig right there in the middle of the embassy.

I met two other CFL'ers at the embassy. I think one was Katrina - cute blonde in the coffee bar ... was that you? Also Mr. Moore - thanks for the advice. Good luck to your and your family. Your daughter is adorable!

Next stop, Washington DC and then on to Virginia. Thanks so much to everyone here and all the help you've given. Truly, we could not have done this without yall.

-Alec & Elf

p.s. Shout out to Rick and Yanlan. Keep your chin up. Youll get through this.

211786[/snapback]

:D :P :P

Dude, that was fast. Congratulations. good luck in your future together

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

Thanks Alec, and good luck to both of you, and Yanalan and Lulu say hi to both of you!!!!

Rick and Yanlan