Its been crazy these last two days trying to get ready but the time is finally upon us. 6 hours from now Elf and I will be lined up with 37.9 pounds of paper, forms, pictures and supporting documents in hand, begging the US government to treat us well. Im too tired to tell you what we've been through but here is an email I just sent to my family. It should fill you in...

--------------------------

Crunch time ... Tomorrow morning is the big day. Elf and I will go to the embassy at 7 and it could take all day since Ive heard around 200 people get interviewed for visas EVERY DAY. We're about as prepared as we can be though we are missing a few papers which could help us. We looked for an internat bar with a working printer all day. In the 8 hours that we spent walking, looking, taking taxis, buses, subways, etc we found a grand total of 3. The first two were broken and the third one ran out of ink halfway through. I gave up, called the bellhop "a dirty sonofabitch" after he tried to charge me 20 times the nomal price and then I left. Dad, Im sorry but that letter from you as an official representative of the city of winchester will not be making it to the interview. Keep all your fingers and toes crossed and say a prayer every now and then. We'll need all the help we can get.

Its almost 1 AM. Im going to bed. Love you guys.

-Alec