Off to see the wise men!!!!

Well, were off! Going back to Guz on the train tomorrow the 18th. I hope this trip proves to be more productive than the last. We are going to ask that Lulu and Yanlan be interviewed together, and that Lulu will follow when the name check is finished. I hope they agree to this. I have a letter typed out for Yanlan to hand the VO explaining this, signed by all of us. All I can do is try......

Rick and Yanlan

207532[/snapback]

Best of luck. Let us know the outcome

Larry T

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have taken much of the advise to heart, and will use a lot of it tommorow and at the overcome. As for a an American doing a sham thing. I have no interest in having a boy friend named Bubba and or get sold for a pack of cigerets.!!!! Jail is not my idea of a good living. There isn't enough money for me to get involved in something illegal. I hate the thought of being guilty until I proved myself innocent.

I have Yanlans x husbands address in Nanning. I will present this too, since it was asked for.

Yanlan was seperated for 2 years from him, and My x left me for another man in March of 2004. Her divorce was finalized in October of 2004, coinceidently that is when we met, the same month on the internet. It took the sheriff some time to find my x to serve her with the papers ,then the process of negociations took place for several months and then finalized in March of 2005. I then in August of 2005 went to meet Yanlan in person. I guess this is what they call a sham engagement.

Well I hope the other wise men tomorrow can shed some light on this problem.

It is bed time now, and the internet is not working very good here.

thanks everyone for the suggestions and the support, we apprecieate everything form everyone.

Will update you all tomorrow about the ACH event.

JRick and Yanlan

Guest pushbrk
I have taken much of the advise to heart, and will use a lot of it tommorow and at the overcome. As for a an American doing a sham thing. I have no interest in having a boy friend named Bubba and or get sold for a pack of cigerets.!!!! Jail is not my idea of a good living. There isn't enough money for me to get involved in something illegal. I hate the thought of being guilty until I proved myself innocent.

I have Yanlans x husbands address in Nanning. I will present this too, since it was asked for.

Yanlan was seperated for 2 years from him, and My x left me for another man in March of 2004. Her divorce was finalized in October of 2004, coinceidently that is when we met, the same month on the internet. It took the sheriff some time to find my x to serve her with the papers ,then the process of negociations took place for several months and then finalized in March of 2005. I then in August of 2005 went to meet Yanlan in person. I guess this is what they call a sham engagement.

thanks everyone for the suggestions and the support, we apprecieate everything form everyone.

JRick and Yanlan

208615[/snapback]

The kind of sham they are concerned about involves you being paid to file a fiance visa application in order to get her here legally to potentially reunite with her former husband. These things happen regularly and the scammers prey on people who need money.

Your circumstances fall within reasonable parameters for them too look more closely to determine the relationship's validity. This includes proving who paid for your tickets, the relationship outline and proof your and her former spouses are not still living with you.

A higher income and longer time between divorce and engagement are less likely to fall within parameters that prompt further investigation. Again this can be further exacerbated by a recent immigrant by the same name and near the same age as her former spouse, showing on recent immigration records.

Once you show them the facts they ask for, you'll be fine. If you can show actual proof of former spouses addresses, you'll have more power than simply writing down an address that cannot be immediately verified. A copy of current ID cards would be one way of accomplishing that. Another would be utility bill records.

As for jail, what makes you think you would be worth a pack of cigarettes? :) :)

JRick and Yanlan

208615[/snapback]

The kind of sham they are concerned about involves you being paid to file a fiance visa application in order to get her here legally to potentially reunite with her former husband. These things happen regularly and the scammers prey on people who need money.

Your circumstances fall within reasonable parameters for them too look more closely to determine the relationship's validity. This includes proving who paid for your tickets, the relationship outline and proof your and her former spouses are not still living with you.

A higher income and longer time between divorce and engagement are less likely to fall within parameters that prompt further investigation. Again this can be further exacerbated by a recent immigrant by the same name and near the same age as her former spouse, showing on recent immigration records.

Once you show them the facts they ask for, you'll be fine. If you can show actual proof of former spouses addresses, you'll have more power than simply writing down an address that cannot be immediately verified. A copy of current ID cards would be one way of accomplishing that. Another would be utility bill records.

As for jail, what makes you think you would be worth a pack of cigarettes? :P :P

208618[/snapback]

Ok maybe 2 smokes :P

Rick

Well, went to ACH and no help. He just told me follow directions, supply the information requested on the pink slip. Did his best to push me on my way. I asked about all the x's informations, and he said to do my best to acuire this. NOw to those of you who had a bad break up and divorce, you know the impossibility if they have gotten remarried, and moved on with their lives. I never kept in touch, and have written a letter to this fact. The officer said he didn't know if this would work or not.

All in all the ACH was no help at all. Sadly

Rick

Well, put all the information together for Guz, I hope! Will make the video tomorrow. Will go to the ACH tomorrow too. I doubt any help will come from there, but believe me, I will try!!

Our overcome date is April 24th. at 2pm. I MUST leave on the 27th, right or wrong. So if there is a rejection again, I will need to do this from the US.

What a headache. The 2 years I have known Yanlan, I have never known her to be depressed and unhappy. BUT today I have seen it.

208546[/snapback]

Wow Rick!!! I am very very sorry to see so much trouble for you two!! One can certainly feel the pain. But, please try to stay focus and positive for her and for you. Remember from adversity, comes good things! I believe when th dust settles, you two will be even much stronger!! So, as was Harry's Truman's model, "Give em hell!!" Please give our best to Yanlan and let her know that all of her Candle family member are pulling for you two!! We will not give up until you two are here in the US together....and I believe that will be soon!!! :o

208555[/snapback]

That's it:

From adversity, comes good things - ºÃʶàÄ¥£¡

You will overcome, Rick and Yanlan!

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)

I feel your pain and can relate. The frustration is enormous after following all the directions to the letter. Then to be told no one can tell you exactly what will be acceptable proof to overcome. Hang tough and get more info then they ask for and keep at it. You will succeed in the end!

Guest pushbrk
Well, put all the information together for Guz, I hope! Will make the video tomorrow. Will go to the ACH tomorrow too. I doubt any help will come from there, but believe me, I will try!!

Our overcome date is April 24th. at 2pm. I MUST leave on the 27th, right or wrong. So if there is a rejection again, I will need to do this from the US.

What a headache. The 2 years I have known Yanlan, I have never known her to be depressed and unhappy. BUT today I have seen it.

208546[/snapback]

Just thinking about you, Rick and Yanlan. By late tonight on the West Coast, Yanlan will have submitted the overcome information and answered any questions they might have. You will have to wait until Wednesday to get final word on whether a visa will be issued but if they take her passport on Monday before she leaves the consulate, take that as a very positive sign.

Some friends of mine just went through the blue slip and overcome process a couple weeks ago. Here's hoping Yanlan picks up her visa Friday.

Sorry that I came into this thread late, but heres's my 2 yuan.

You drew the "jump through hoops" card.

Your only option is to jump and give them LOTS of additional evidence.

Even if it is something that they cannot reasonably ask for, like the whereabouts of your ex and what color dress she wore last, give them something in direct response to what they asked for, even if it just a statement by you that says you haven't seen her, you don't want to see her, you haven't talked to her since the divorce, the divorce was agreed on 1.5 years ago etc. etc.

You are 100% at their mercy.

Be cool, calm and collected so that Yanlan will be also.

It never is any fun to get raked over the coals, but you don't have an option here!

You have at least a 90% chance of getting the red slip so try to stay positive.

Good luck. Tell us the good news as soon as you stop jumping up and down! :Dah: