My wife also passed her interview

Best wishes and congratulations on your success.

I, too, have good reason to believe self-confidence (about your relationship) is a critical factor in an uneventful interview. What kind of a person would deny a visa to two people who are obviously in love?

Hhmmm......We went to china post to pick up visa on 3-30,around 10 in the morning.We walked right in,walked right out with visa.Actually,we were the only ones that were in the area in the post office for pick-up of visa's.I guess you caught the "mad rush" early in the morning.We were'nt in a serious hurry as we had some time to kill before catching the train back north...But anyways,congratulations to you and your SO.Is a good feeling of victory.

Her interview was on March 30th. In the morning. We arrived at the consulate 7:30 am. And there was already a decent size line. At 8:30 am, the outside security guards check your passports and the interview letter, and then gives you a numbered ticket. Then you can go in .

My wife chose her interview in English. Even though we communicate in Chinese. The VO asked for our pictures, and asked what my email address was. The last thing that he asked was my current affadavit of support.

My wife told me that the key to the interview is having full confidence. I guess the VO looks out for this.

The interview was on a thur. So our visa was ready on sat. The China Post office opens at 9am sat. But we arrived there at 7:30 am. There was already a line outside. At 8:30 am, the security guard opens the door, so you can go in and grab a number. You know one of those numbers that the computer dispenses out. It was crazy though. People ran to that computer, and were pushing and shoving each other. I was very angry because we were one of the people up front. There was no order, courtesy whatsoever. Im not use to seeing this. If it was here in America, people would just be polite and get in line :lol:

There is only 2 people at the China Post, handing out these EMS visa packages. So its kind of a slow process. So be ready and get there early.

Anyhow, its good to be out of GZ, we are back in her hometown, and will be leaving to USA soon.

respectfully,

Lee

Total time frame 1 year and 3 months. CR1

203743[/snapback]

Congratulations! I hope you have a safe trip to America and welcome!

You mentioned that you were asked for a recent affidavit of support. I did not know that these could get "stale". I sent one in last September. Do I need to sign another one now? I did have this concern for the financial papers (tax returns), as mine are now close to a year old. So, I send recent pay stabs. Hard to keep things fresh when they take so long to read them.

best wishes again!

Her interview was on March 30th. In the morning. We arrived at the consulate 7:30 am. And there was already a decent size line. At 8:30 am, the outside security guards check your passports and the interview letter, and then gives you a numbered ticket. Then you can go in .

My wife chose her interview in English. Even though we communicate in Chinese. The VO asked for our pictures, and asked what my email address was. The last thing that he asked was my current affadavit of support.

My wife told me that the key to the interview is having full confidence. I guess the VO looks out for this.

The interview was on a thur. So our visa was ready on sat. The China Post office opens at 9am sat. But we arrived there at 7:30 am. There was already a line outside. At 8:30 am, the security guard opens the door, so you can go in and grab a number. You know one of those numbers that the computer dispenses out. It was crazy though. People ran to that computer, and were pushing and shoving each other. I was very angry because we were one of the people up front. There was no order, courtesy whatsoever. Im not use to seeing this. If it was here in America, people would just be polite and get in line :cheering:

There is only 2 people at the China Post, handing out these EMS visa packages. So its kind of a slow process. So be ready and get there early.

Anyhow, its good to be out of GZ, we are back in her hometown, and will be leaving to USA soon.

respectfully,

Lee

Total time frame 1 year and 3 months. CR1

203743[/snapback]

Good for you and your wife. I agree with the many statements that have been made in regards to being confident. I tried to explain to my wife, when she was going to the interview, she had a "right" to be in America with me. The first few lines of packet 4 clearly state our wives now have a right to a visa. Before seeing this statement I was living life with my hat in hand and saying please. I told my wife to go Guz like she owned the place. She was fully prepared for any type of question but none were asked. There is, I believe, a balance of being nice to the people we have to deal with and being confident in our rights. All happiness to you and your wife :unsure: :lol: :( :D :lol: :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS LEE

Good Luck and best wishes for your future life. Is the car in the pic yours?

:D  :P  :D  :D  :D  :D

203913[/snapback]

Yes, thats my 97 GTS , thanks ;)

203915[/snapback]

Congratulations!

Thanks for the tips. I will have to tell my fiancee to start sprint training and wear sneakers! And with all that paperwork to! I will have to hold the stuff for that part then. Did you see any good hip checks? My girl is also shy and polite. I would hate to have an injury from something like that.

I am also proud of your car it's a real beauty!

Only <------------------------------> this much jealous!