P4 packet arrived. Booked Flight for Interview

I just received good news from my SO that her P4 packet just arrived!

Just 16 more days till interview! I booked a direct flight on Singapore Airlines.

Round Trip for me is: $860

One way for her is: $535

I will leave from San Francisco

on Apr 10 at 1:25AM and get to Hong Kong on Apr 11, 6:30AM.

Return from Hongkong to San Francisco on Apr 23, 2006.

Did I get an okay deal? Or is there a better place?

Singapore Airlines does cost a little more than some airlines, but they aren't that much more expensive that I would use any other.

Edited by Jonathan (see edit history)

Did you know that singapore airlines quote different rates from their website depending on which option you choose?

If you go to SingaporeAirlines.com, and do a search using the option:

"Flexible with travel dates" instead of "must travel on these dates"

they give you lower rates for the exact same days and flight.

I don't think it is right for them to quote different prices based on whether you really need the flight or not, but they seem to do it anyway.

In order for them to not recognize you, clear you browsers cookies first, and close your browswer, and then do a search again using two different options. You'll notice they give different rates.

For the lowest rate use: "Flexible with travel dates"

Did you know that singapore airlines quote different rates from their website depending on which option you choose?

If you go to SingaporeAirlines.com, and do a search using the option:

"Flexible with travel dates" instead of "must travel on these dates"

they give you lower rates for the exact same days and flight.

I don't think it is right for them to quote different prices based on whether you really need the flight or not, but they seem to do it anyway.

In order for them to not recognize you, clear you browsers cookies first, and close your browswer, and then do a search again using two different options. You'll notice they give different rates.

For the lowest rate use: "Flexible with travel dates"

201750[/snapback]

Congrats and good luck on your interview :) :lol: :lol: -_-

Carl

That is a very good price for a short notice non-stop flight on SA from SFO to HKG. I fly it each month and the best price I have ever seen for UA is about $700 (on the nonstop flights), but SA is usually about $100-200 more expensive than UA. Congratulations and good luck!

Congratulations!

Wow, I paid as high as $1700 for my trip from buffalo, on what I consider a bad service airline (UNITED).  Although singapore fits in the 5star alliance, it was rated the #1 airline in the world a ways back.

I will review alternitives.

201823[/snapback]

Wholly smokes! I haven't been on a $1700 flight yet. But I have been on a round trip flight on Singapore Airlines that cost $1120 around July 23. I thought the price was outragous, but still had to fork out the dough so that I can celebrate with my SO on the day that I met her (July 25th).

I believe July is probably one of the most expensive month to travel because everyone is out of school for summer break.

What do you guys think is the most expensive time period to travel?

Congratulations on the P-4, and best wishes for a successful outcome...

good luck

That is a very good price for a short notice non-stop flight on SA from SFO to HKG. I fly it each month and the best price I have ever seen for UA is about $700 (on the nonstop flights), but SA is usually about $100-200 more expensive than UA. Congratulations and good luck!

201756[/snapback]

Last year, I've seen United Airlines with round trip for $580 round trip trhough local travel agents. I opted for for Singapore at $630 at that time.

I'm thinking that if I went United this time, I might be seeing $810 or $800 on a direct flight.

On flight service on Singapore is very good. That is why I keep going back. That and...

the fact they give you all-you-can-drink alcohol for free.

I just received good news from my SO that her P4 packet just arrived!

Just 16 more days till interview! I booked a direct flight on Singapore Airlines.

Round Trip for me is: $860

One way for her is: $535

I will leave from San Francisco

on Apr 10 at 1:25AM and get to Hong Kong on Apr 11, 6:30AM.

Return from Hongkong to San Francisco on Apr 23, 2006.

Did I get an okay deal? Or is there a better place?

Singapore Airlines does cost a little more than some airlines, but they aren't that much more expensive that I would use any other.

201748[/snapback]

Congrats on the good news and best of luck

Larry T

That's a good price for Singapore; I did the same flight but I think

our price may have been $20 cheaper. I try to fly on Tue, Wed or

Thur.

The down side is that you have to wait about two hours at the

transfer station in HK before you can go upstairs to have a beer

before your connecting flight.

The good side is Singapore has the best looking girls. :ok: