Be prepared for the day when your SO asks you to sing for her in front of her family and friends. Another Chinese custom.... :rolleyes:

198868[/snapback]

Are you serious?!

198901[/snapback]

And don't even think of getting out of this... She will be very disappointed if you refuse!

Get out a song and practice.. they don't vote based on quality, just participation !!

Be prepared for the day when your SO asks you to sing for her in front of her family and friends. Another Chinese custom.... :D

198868[/snapback]

Are you serious?!

198901[/snapback]

And don't even think of getting out of this... She will be very disappointed if you refuse!

Get out a song and practice.. they don't vote based on quality, just participation !!

199002[/snapback]

I guess that explains William Hung.

Anyways, maybe I can explain to them that in American culture.. its bad luck for males to sing.. or something............................... or I can practice a song.

Thanks alot guys, and I thought I was nervous to meet her before!!! Ugh!!

Be prepared for the day when your SO asks you to sing for her in front of her family and friends. Another Chinese custom.... :o

198868[/snapback]

Are you serious?!

198901[/snapback]

199002[/snapback]

My husband sang for me on the phone after we knew each other for 3 months, even though it is happy birthday song, he is the only one sang it for me in my whole life. He sang pretty good, but he told me acutally he cant sing at all except this one. :D

I sang a song for my husband when we were at my city's bar in our first meet. The song I sang named "moon represent my heart", it is very popluar in China. Honestly I sing very good. Later my husband told me he was very touched :)

I asked my husband to sing some songs for me, but he never did. One night he called me and planed to sing a song whose lyrics he likes very much. Unfortunately I was taking shower at that time. I told him call me 15 mins later. He lost his courage of singing. No sing to me anymore ;)

Hopefully someday he will sing for me in person.

I sang for Loving Candle's family during my last trip, but none of them sang for me!

Why am I always backwards? :D

Actually we could not get into the Karaoke place they wanted to go to, or I am sure they would have. I sang my three standard acapella numbers I do when asked if I can sing:

"America the beautiful"

"Amazing Grace"

"Summertime"

I did those on the way back from the Badaling Great Wall.

I also did some old Neil Young stuff and then more when I was playing guitar for her relatives at her house.

-James

I sang for Loving Candle's family during my last trip, but none of them sang for me!

Why am I always backwards?  :D

Actually we could not get into the Karaoke place they wanted to go to, or I am sure they would have.  I sang my three standard acapella numbers I do when asked if I can sing:

"America the beautiful"

"Amazing Grace"

"Summertime"

I did those on the way back from the Badaling Great Wall.

I also did some old Neil Young stuff and then more when I was playing guitar for her relatives at her house.

-James

199054[/snapback]

EEEK!! I wonder if www.SwedishGirlsRUs.com is still available so I can find a new SO... JUST KIDDING. Thanks for the scare guys, I guess I'll have to suck it up (and I really mean suck!) and sing if asked. I think the goal is to sound awful (normal?) and then she wont ask me to sing again... but then again... awful singing will probably lose those brownie points with her family. Whenever I come visit in the future they'll refer to me as,

"yeah, you remember... that American"

"what American?"

"you know.. the one that one with the awful voice."

"Oh yeah, that one."

:sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :huh:

Well, I'll be damned! My birthday is coming up shortly and I'll be damned if Yonghua did not sing Happy Birthday to me on the phone this morning. It was difficult for her, but, she had the melody. God bless her, what a sweetheart!

gotta love it...

nothing beats the singing.

i sang happy birthday to her mom about 6 months ago on the phone...

just called her out of the blue on her birthday and kicked it...

she said mmm...Beeeeer

she calls me Beer :P

gotta love it...

nothing beats the singing.

i sang happy birthday to her mom about 6 months ago on the phone...

just called her out of the blue on  her birthday and kicked it...

she said mmm...Beeeeer

she calls me Beer  :P

199251[/snapback]

There's the:

Wash the clothes song

Drive the car song

Take the bus song

Take the #10 bus to Nancy's house song

The go to Walmart song

:D