Called DOS today

Well I call the DOS today and am expecting the same asnwer i get for the past 12 weeks. She starts our saying the case is still pending...But interview date of June 19th. Umm June 19th? Are you sure it is JUNE 19? I practialy spell it out. She says yes and I note some attitude in her osama bin laden accented voice. I say that dont make sense, an interveiw 4 months out? She comes back with, "that is all you need to know!" Talk about seeing RED! I tried my damndest to get in that phone and choke that bitch! Anyway, I calm down and realize that this is the same person that keeps telling me to call the number in china because they need to talk to me.

So my wife calls me before she goes to bed, as always. I tell her what happen and she say we got interview that is all that matter, maybe some time away but is ok. We are together in 3 days, I leave thurs morn on my 3rd trip, and then not much longer after that I come to you. I go from ready to kill and torture and kill some more to just smiling at this sweet woman's outlook.

Has anyone else heard of this, interview 4 months away? I already plan on calling tomorrow to get a differnet answer. Oh they also siad the p4 mailed out on friday.

Well I call the DOS today and am expecting the same asnwer i get for the past 12 weeks.  She starts our saying the case is still pending...But interview date of June 19th. Umm June 19th?  Are you sure it is JUNE 19?  I practialy spell it out.  She says yes and I note some attitude in her osama bin laden accented voice.  I say that dont make sense, an interveiw 4 months out?  She comes back with, "that is all you need to know!"  Talk about seeing RED!  I tried my damndest to get in that phone and choke that bitch!  Anyway, I calm down and realize that this is the same person that keeps telling me to call the number in china because they need to talk to me. 

So my wife calls me before she goes to bed, as always.  I tell her what happen and she say we got interview that is all that matter, maybe some time away but is ok.  We are together in 3 days, I leave thurs morn on my 3rd trip, and then not much longer after that I come to you.  I go from ready to kill and torture and kill some more to just smiling at this sweet woman's outlook.

Has anyone else heard of this, interview 4 months away?  I already plan on calling tomorrow to get a differnet answer.  Oh they also siad the p4 mailed out on friday.

194041[/snapback]

Try calling back and get another live body to talk to, I have called back after not being happy with the answer I got from one of those accent speaking people. The 2nd time was much better customer service!

Well I call the DOS today and am expecting the same asnwer i get for the past 12 weeks.  She starts our saying the case is still pending...But interview date of June 19th. Umm June 19th?  Are you sure it is JUNE 19?  I practialy spell it out.  She says yes and I note some attitude in her osama bin laden accented voice.  I say that dont make sense, an interveiw 4 months out?  She comes back with, "that is all you need to know!"  Talk about seeing RED!  I tried my damndest to get in that phone and choke that bitch!  Anyway, I calm down and realize that this is the same person that keeps telling me to call the number in china because they need to talk to me. 

So my wife calls me before she goes to bed, as always.  I tell her what happen and she say we got interview that is all that matter, maybe some time away but is ok.  We are together in 3 days, I leave thurs morn on my 3rd trip, and then not much longer after that I come to you.  I go from ready to kill and torture and kill some more to just smiling at this sweet woman's outlook.

Has anyone else heard of this, interview 4 months away?  I already plan on calling tomorrow to get a differnet answer.  Oh they also siad the p4 mailed out on friday.

194041[/snapback]

If it's June, it's June...

When you call DOS, remember to ask them to identify

themselves and then log it down.

I've gotten Jackie, Barbara, Lauren, Raquel, Jennifer and Sharon.

Good news for you!!! From the look at your time line it about time you got some news.

Yanlan and I on the other hand are still in the waithing mode as of today according to DOS

Good luck

Rick and Yanlan

Guest pushbrk

194041[/snapback]

Just a couple days ago somebody was scheduled for a June interview but it was a CR1 F1 combination scheduled on the same day.

You don't mention whether it is the K3 or CR1 interview. I take it there are no children involved?

Guest pushbrk
She does have a child and it is the CR-1 interview.  Our K3 was canceled back in October.

194051[/snapback]

Well, it's only two data points very close together but it might indicate the reason for the 4 month delay between P4 and interview is a new policy to schedule parents and children for Immigrant Visa interviews on the same day. I don't recall seeing K3/K4 interviews done this way recently. Has anybody else noticed?

She does have a child and it is the CR-1 interview.  Our K3 was canceled back in October.

194051[/snapback]

Well, it's only two data points very close together but it might indicate the reason for the 4 month delay between P4 and interview is a new policy to schedule parents and children for Immigrant Visa interviews on the same day. I don't recall seeing K3/K4 interviews done this way recently. Has anybody else noticed?

194057[/snapback]

I was under the assumption that k1/k2 and K3/k4 visaa were always schedualed toghether. It makes good sense as some of the K2s and K4s are quite young.

Guest pushbrk
She does have a child and it is the CR-1 interview.?Our K3 was canceled back in October.

194051[/snapback]

194057[/snapback]

I was under the assumption that k1/k2 and K3/k4 visaa were always schedualed toghether. It makes good sense as some of the K2s and K4s are quite young.

194062[/snapback]

You may be correct on the K1/K2 visas. I was remembering this post by Richard (Chinesewife) when asking about CR1/CR2 for a 17 year old CR2.

Jim answered you here but I will add to it: Our daughter has just turned 16. From GZ I found that if they are 16 and up they will attend the interview by themselves- no parent/step-parent allowed. I have NOT as of yet seen a CR-1/2 interview going through GZ scheduled on/near the same day either.

Well I call the DOS today and am expecting the same asnwer i get for the past 12 weeks.  She starts our saying the case is still pending...But interview date of June 19th.   Umm June 19th?  Are you sure it is JUNE 19?  I practialy spell it out.  She says yes and I note some attitude in her osama bin laden accented voice.  I say that dont make sense, an interveiw 4 months out?  She comes back with, "that is all you need to know!"  Talk about seeing RED!  I tried my damndest to get in that phone and choke that bitch!  Anyway, I calm down and realize that this is the same person that keeps telling me to call the number in china because they need to talk to me. 

194041[/snapback]

If they asked you to call GUZ before then why didn't you? DOS has the same answer for you again. That makes no sense either, if GUZ had a question for you why didn't you call?

If you have this person's name I have an email address you might want to contact for reprimand or ??.

PM me.

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
She does have a child and it is the CR-1 interview.?Our K3 was canceled back in October.

194051[/snapback]

194057[/snapback]

194062[/snapback]

You may be correct on the K1/K2 visas. I was remembering this post by Richard (Chinesewife) when asking about CR1/CR2 for a 17 year old CR2.

Jim answered you here but I will add to it: Our daughter has just turned 16. From GZ I found that if they are 16 and up they will attend the interview by themselves- no parent/step-parent allowed. I have NOT as of yet seen a CR-1/2 interview going through GZ scheduled on/near the same day either.

194069[/snapback]

Mike ... at least in the K2 case the child can interview with the K1 or by themselves.

Our GUZ friend answered my question in this area quite clearly.

Guest pushbrk

194051[/snapback]

194057[/snapback]

194062[/snapback]

194069[/snapback]

Mike ... at least in the K2 case the child can interview with the K1 or by themselves.

Our GUZ friend answered my question in this area quite clearly.

194089[/snapback]

Yes, I remember the answer to your question. I've posted the question in GUZ Speaks.