Passed Interview

XinHui passed her interview this morning. She got the lady known as Pearl. To be more sensitive I want to only refer to her as 'Pearl'. Her interview time was at 7:15 and by 9:45 she came down from the 5th floor to the 4th floor trying to hide her smile. She did not fool me except for the second my heart skipped a beat. Shhe said that she first handed over the I-864 and my 3 years of tax forms to a Chinese lady. This same lady then asked her when and why she went to Enland. In June we both took a 3 week work/vacation to England. This trip was never documented to the consulate. My guess is they found the English visa during the name check. They then took her fingerprints and she paid 3,078 rmb for the visa. She was then called up to Pearl's window. Pearl first asked for XinHui's passport which XinHui responded by handing her both mine and her own passport. She only accepted Xinhui's passport. She then asked how and when she meet her husband which she stated blossems.com in March 2004. She then only looked at only one of our wedding photos and stated that she passed and will get her visa.

It seemed like we did a lot of prepareing for just a 1 minute interview.

XinHui passed her interview this morning. She got the lady known as Pearl. To be more sensitive I want to only refer to her as 'Pearl'. Her interview time was at 7:15 and by 9:45 she came down from the 5th floor to the 4th floor trying to hide her smile. She did not fool me except for the second my heart skipped a beat. Shhe said that she first handed over the I-864 and my 3 years of tax forms to a Chinese lady. This same lady then asked her when and why she went to Enland. In June we both took a 3 week work/vacation to England. This trip was never documented to the consulate. My guess is they found the English visa during the name check. They then took her fingerprints and she paid 3,078 rmb for the visa. She was then called up to Pearl's window. Pearl first asked for XinHui's passport which XinHui responded by handing her both mine and her own passport. She only accepted Xinhui's passport. She then asked how and when she meet her husband which she stated blossems.com in March 2004.  She then only looked at only one of our wedding photos and stated that she passed and will get her visa.

It seemed like we did a lot of prepareing for just a 1 minute interview.

189405[/snapback]

rhour,

XinHui has a British visa (or Schengen visa) on her current passport, right?

The current Pearl is among the nicest VO's in Guangzhou.

Eunice

Hey Bob, we just got in to Shanghai and want to say again.....congratulations to you and XinHui. It was great to be there when she came down with that big smile with the good news! The fast interview and approval for a CR1 shows that preparation is the key!

See you stateside sometime soon....Ken & Jie

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)