k i visa from california

Hi All

I thought it might be intresting to see how many k 1 & k3 visa are from california. I was thinking that maybe if there was enough of us we could all write to the same senator /congress rep. I remember before finding this web site thinking that there must be other people going thru the same thing as I am . The good news is that there are many of us who have love ones from china and we can be a support to each other as we journey down this road together. There are many members to candle just wanted to say welcome.

Interview in August, still waiting for EMS. :lol:

Can't help. I'm from Florida. I just wanted to say hello to Little Bear. :unsure:

Thx Mick! :(

Just talked to GZ this afternoon, though I wish I hadn't called them at all. They told me that my namecheck result was not back to GZ yet. However, CA told me it was cleared and sent to GZ 13 days ago. I wonder what happened to my case :lol: <_<

Guest jennifer_lam

K1, August interviewed but still pending.... My GG in CA.

it is a good idea that we write to CA senator. I have found out there were two senators in CA. Let's contact them and make them realize what we are suffering.

I will post a message on 001 and try to find out how many in CA.

it is a good idea that we write to CA senator. I have found out there were two senators in CA. Let's contact them and make them realize what we are suffering.

Jennifer: Based on our family's experience, and from reading other reports on CFL, I'd say that Senator Feinstein's office has not been very helpful in the visa delay situation. The other California senator is Barbara Boxer; I haven't heard any reports either way about her office's willingness to help.

One thing to keep in mind is that every state has just two senators, no matter what it's size. California, with 35 million people, has the same number of senators as Rhode Island, with less than 2 million.

Guest jennifer_lam

Jennifer: Based on our family's experience, and from reading other reports on CFL, I'd say that Senator Feinstein's office has not been very helpful in the visa delay situation. The other California senator is Barbara Boxer; I haven't heard any reports either way about her office's willingness to help.

One thing to keep in mind is that every state has just two senators, no matter what it's size. California, with 35 million people, has the same number of senators as Rhode Island, with less than 2 million.

oh...so u mean it is no use contacting CA senators. Local Congressman doesn't help much either. oh...What can we do except waiting?

I contacted my local Congressman here in Orange County, Rep. Christopher Cox. He mailed a letter back to me 2 weeks ago saying that he's contacted the Consulate. At least he acknowledge my request.

As for his case worker, she's incompetent. I called her to follow up the next day I received the letter and she said that I have to wait 30-90 days before she can inquire further. She didn't even bother to ask the relevant questions in regards to my request for assistance.

Today I just directly faxed to Rep. Cox. So if anyone else is in O.C. contact Rep. Cox.