Another New Member

Hello Fellow CFL's

This is a great website. I heard about this website from another website's message board. I can truthfully say that the amount of information that is available is outstanding. It will hopefully make my task somewhat easier. I hope that the info I have submitted can be used to help with any of the timelines. Any other advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Have a great New Year hopefully this will be my last one by myself.

Thanks Van

Hello Fellow CFL's

This is a great website. I heard about this website from another website's message board. I can truthfully say that the amount of information that is available is outstanding. It will hopefully make my task somewhat easier. I hope that the info I have submitted can be used to help with any of the timelines. Any other advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Have a great New Year hopefully this will be my last one by myself.

Thanks  Van

178023[/snapback]

Welcome Van!!

We will help you all we can and you can help us in return. It might help us to know what type of visa you are going for and where you are in your process by posting a timeline (if you want to).

(go to Your control panel and then "edit signature") :unsure:

Please don't hesitate to ask any question no matter how tiny.

Sincerely,

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
Hello Fellow CFL's

Thanks  Van

178023[/snapback]

Welcome Van!!

We will help you all we can and you can help us in return. It might help us to know what type of visa you are going for and where you are in your process by posting a timeline (if you want to).

(go to Your control panel and then "edit signature") :unsure:

Please don't hesitate to ask any question no matter how tiny.

Sincerely,

Larry

178029[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip Larry,

I just figured out how to do that. Now how do I post a picture?

I uploaded a picture in control panel. But do not see it on the post.

Van

Welcome to CFL :unsure:

Any idea why your P3 was mailed to your US address ? We've seen this happen a few times.. it's possible that GUZ is unclear as to the beneficiary's address... you might want her to follow up with GUZ and send her address in chinese to ensure they have it correctly, so she gets the P4.

Glad to have you aboard...

Welcome Van. You'll find lots of good info here. David makes a good point. If the consulate doesn't have your SO's address in Chinese, chances are they'll use the petitioner's (your) address. You might want to verify her mailing address with the consulate. Otherwise, you might be running around like a headless chicken about P4 time.

Good luck

Hello Fellow CFL's

Thanks  Van

178023[/snapback]

Welcome ,

As a newcomer myself I can say that this site has made the long wait and bumps along the way to getting my SO here from China a lot more smoother. There is just a spirit of helping each other that is rare both experienced and new ideas toward the common goal we all have.

REd

Hello Fellow CFL's

Thanks  Van

178023[/snapback]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... velkome!

Welcome Van!!! You came to the right place. Your one stop shopping for answers to CR.IR and K visas as they pertain to China. We even have the consulate as a member to ask questions. Grab a bag of cheetos and kick your feet up. You will find friends here.

We third, fourth or fifth the welcome. You'll wonder if you ever would have been able to have gotten through it without us (you would have, but you would have had many more grey hairs).

As previously advised, it's good to have the address on forms correct, current, and in Chinese, but all is not lost even if that part gets screwed up. Let's see what happens.

Getting the visa is agonizing, frustrating and, perhaps, humiliating (depending on your tolerance for stupid, meaningless requirements), but IT WORKS!

My wife just got here and it's great! It "only" took 10 months!