IR-2 DENIED 11:30 AM 11/21/05

Indeed, your story is both compelling and thrilling. Life at the brink.

How great you took the Great GUZ's own advice, and paid no attention to the man behind the screen!

Zhenshu and my heartiest congratulations, tempered by the incredibly tragic reality that some down-easterner yolkel can determine what is essentially a life and death issue for innocent people! A jury of one (some guy decides he "doesn't believe" a certain relationship is "real" and disregards any evidence to the contrary) is why I have been characterizing this process as "Kafkaesque" for months now.

"The Hunger Artist" should be required reading for all CR-1 applicants!

We are SOOOOOO happy for you.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, your story is both compelling and thrilling.  Life at the brink.

How great you took the Great GUZ's own advice, and paid no attention to the man behind the screen!

Zhenshu and my heartiest congratulations, tempered by the incredibly tragic reality that some down-easterner yolkel can determine what is essentially a life and death issue for innocent people!  A jury of one (some guy decides he "doesn't believe" a certain relationship is "real" and disregards any evidence to the contrary) is why I have been characterizing this process as "Kafkaesque" for months now.

"The Hunger Artist" should be required reading for all CR-1 applicants!

We are SOOOOOO happy for you.

172189[/snapback]

. . . and, hopefully, this entire topic will be required reading for Mr. USCONGUZ, and the offending VO.

Guest ShaQuaNew
. . .  and, hopefully, this entire topic will be required reading for Mr. USCONGUZ, and the offending VO.

172206[/snapback]

Now, now Randy. We would not want to offend or inconvenience anyone at the GUZ with needless facts and images.....

. . .  and, hopefully, this entire topic will be required reading for Mr. USCONGUZ, and the offending VO.

172206[/snapback]

Now, now Randy. We would not want to offend or inconvenience anyone at the GUZ with needless facts and images.....

172207[/snapback]

Thanks everyone, what was even more amazing

was when we went to pick up our visa's there

were several people there at the PO that were

with us when we heard the visa's were denied.

They were also amazed that we were able

to get the visa's approved the same day..

First off, congratulations :)

I was there a week ago Thursday to have a Power of Attorney notarized. I too experienced a problem with the guards on the fourth floor.

I had an email from the consulate telling me my wife could enter to achieve our goal. The guards would not let her go upstairs with me. I explained I had gone through the process of asking, blah , blah , blah. He told me to go upstairs and talk to the vo's.

After going upstairs, the vo, or clerk, asked me where my wife was :blink: I explained about the guards, he then called down to them. I then had to return downstairs to bring her up.

What's the problem with the guards GUZ?

I think the black pearl reputation is changing to one for the good after hearing many bad stories in the past about her, the last few months I been hearing more good stories, anyone consider the fact that she was new to the process when she started that following procedures was more important? longer someone work at a job the more they see some rules are too strict or too strange to even consider. I think we seeing people or VO starting to relax a bit with homeland security and congress breathing down thier neck the last 5 years on terrorism. If a terrorist got pass a VO and kill people that VO have to live with that knowledge. I'm just starting to see how stressful thier jobs are. And maybe Black pearl had a talk with the other VO who might be a new person about relaxing a little.

just my 1 cent worth

Robert

Add my WOW to the list of wows here, what an amazing story and it also shows your persistence. Thank God you were there to help mend the situation, and Thank God you actually got people to respond to your requests to go further with this.

Truly amazing......everyone should be with their SO for support, celebration, and more support if things go sour ! ! ! Congratulations !

I'm going to jump in here also for a couple of reasons!! One, I may have stated in my anger (or anguish) my opinion of the Black Pearl (or Widow), but after reading this...I want to retract it immediately. Hindsight is always 20/20 and now with my wife at my side, it is a clearer picture I am seeing. Obviously this is a different person than her predecessor. My plans didn't happen as I wanted, but I have to say, what followed actually turned out better than I could hope for.

I applaud your persistance and hope that the GUZ staffs a position for USC that come to the interview and can immediately chat with someone about a blue slip for clarification and explanation. Also, the guards DO NOT run the consulate...if they do, then we have serious Homeland Defense issues!! Bring back the Marines!!

Congratulations!!

Dave

WHEW!!! It's over now... You can look back on this with a laugh and a pat on the back, someday... This will be a memory that you and your wife will talk about and share with your children forever....and, possibly, be passed on to their children too. :redblob: Congratulations on fighting for what was right, for what is right, as an United States Citizen and the head of your family!!

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

Thanks everyone,

Here is one of the many reasons GZ gave for the original denial.

This is verbatim. Can anyone figure this out.

Provide a notorazied statement from your birth parent, either your petitioner or your petitioners spouse, stating that he/she has never married your other birth parent. If he/she abandonded your family include year of abandonment.

Edited by bobmal99 (see edit history)