Leaving the GUZ airport with the SO

well Folks

we ARE locked AND loaded

HAVE THE pASSPORTS AND VISA'S AND ARE READY TO LEAVE ON AN 8:30 AM flight to TOKYO

So is there anything that the CCP customs can pull on us as we leave ?

I sure would hate to have a trick or treat session with them and have the SO and Daughter miss the Flight .

Anybody here have a bad experience

We still have some time to solve an issue if there is one

THANKS

Richard

Passports? check

Visas?  check

That's about all you really need.  One last thing.  Before you leave, you might turn toward the consulate and give them the one finger salute.

171300[/snapback]

Actually Frank,

We were thinking about a 3 mooner to the consulate as we drove by in the taxis :lol:

But it will be so early and it might be to cold so we will save our hinneys

:lol:

The 1 finger salute will probably have to do for now :blink:

one of these days I will have to bring my SO up to Atlanta to meet you guys

She share her life with you about what is going on in Zhanjiang

she is just resigning her college position this week

Richard,

When Lucy, Lulu, Jack and myself were boarding in Beijing, China's finest checked their passports and visas every 20 feet we walked. It was so dang funny that they wanted nothing to do with me but harassed her every chance they had.

Just smile and be in the know that you taking one of China's treasures home. One finger salutes may make you feel better but not as good as finally getting outta there in victory!

Good fortune to you both

Eric & Lucy

well Folks

we ARE locked AND loaded

HAVE THE pASSPORTS AND VISA'S AND ARE READY TO LEAVE ON AN 8:30 AM flight to TOKYO

I sure would hate to have a trick or treat session with them and have the SO and Daughter miss the Flight .

THANKS

Richard

171295[/snapback]

I found PRC Customs to be pretty straight forward, but I would arrive 3h early. Its a small wait to be certain there are no hassles. :greenblob:

Passports? check

Visas?  check

That's about all you really need.  One last thing.  Before you leave, you might turn toward the consulate and give them the one finger salute.

171300[/snapback]

Now as I recall from my hippie days it was the "official peace scout salute"

http://tita67.free.fr/images-tita67/freakparade.jpg

one of these days I will have to bring my SO up to Atlanta to meet you guys

She share her life with you about what is going on in Zhanjiang

she is just resigning her college position this week

171303[/snapback]

Come on up, but not during March-May. Jingwen and eventually I are headed back to Zhanjiang to visit with family. :clapping: If you need anything to go to/from Zhanjiang, just let us know.

well Folks

we ARE locked AND loaded

THANKS

Richard

171295[/snapback]

Yes Richard, there is one thing you forgot. Your RFE issued at the last minute! What? You are at the airport already?

I should mention that GUZ has removed the pretezels and peanuts from the flight! Get your own snacks!

Just enjoy the ride home! That is the only thing left. Congraulations

Whe I left china with my fiancee, she brought a backpack as carry-on baggage. I think a combination of herself and her sister packed it.

Anyway, they wanted to search it at security after it went through the x-ray... pulled out those long pointed hair sticks.. put it back through x-ray and now wanted to empty the whole thing...

They found this piece of metal and opened it up in two quick movements, revealing a knife covered in blood :P

I can only say that I am glad that it was found in china (they probably know the smell of dried pork blood) rather than at customs in US...

They found this piece of metal and opened it up in two quick movements, revealing a knife covered in blood  :P

171552[/snapback]

Oh that's nice, kind of reminds me of the famous Lorena Bobbitt story. If your wife is carrying around a bloody knife, you might want to lock up the "family jewels" at night.