Thanksgiving Together

How exciting it is to prepare for Thanksgiving, our first together.

We will have turkey but not a full bird roast. I plan a meal that fits our tastes and the way we like to eat.

So turkey this year will be in a stew flavored the way she likes. There will be baked sweet potato and pumpkin, cranberry relish and steamed vegetables (gai lan, broccoli and cauliflower). No desserts.

This is the first year I haven't had all the trimmings my mother made. But this year is one full of new beginnings. So much to be thankful for. Only my fellow CFLers can really understand that ;)

So what is your Thanksgiving going to be?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :angry: :toot: :toot:

From Dan & Ping

Unfortunately my wife had to delay her departure a week (to get matters settled before she can leave China) and she will miss Thanksgiving here with me.......... :angry: I am very sad about this, BUT we will certainly have a GRAND Christmas together - For which I am also very thankful!!! I have not even thought about our Christmas dinner but I certainly hope it will be a traditional Chinese meal. Whatever pleases her!!!

Scott

Unfortunately my wife had to delay her departure a week (to get matters settled before she can leave China) and she will miss Thanksgiving here with me.......... :rolleyes:    I am very sad about this, BUT we will certainly have a GRAND Christmas together - For which I am also very thankful!!! I have not even thought about our Christmas dinner but I certainly hope it will be a traditional Chinese meal. Whatever pleases her!!!

Scott

171014[/snapback]

Li Ming is still in China but has her visa now, so she should be here for Christmas. She says she is looking forward to me cooking a turkey for her.

Hey Dan, nice to see that you've come up for air. :D 

Sounds like you two are going to have a real feast!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

171027[/snapback]

I'll second that! Gee Dan, whatcha been doin all this time??? :crazy:

I'd like to drop a turkey into one of them overfilled hot oil turkey fryers but I don't have a spare patio or house to burn down!! :lol: :lol:

I will be cooking a 100% traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Hope Amy likes turkey!!!

Hey Dan, nice to see that you've come up for air. :D 

Sounds like you two are going to have a real feast!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

171027[/snapback]

I'll second that! Gee Dan, whatcha been doin all this time??? :lol:

I'd like to drop a turkey into one of them overfilled hot oil turkey fryers but I don't have a spare patio or house to burn down!! :lol: :lol:

I will be cooking a 100% traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Hope Amy likes turkey!!!

171278[/snapback]

I'll second Steve's seconding of that. :lol:

Will have a good ole turkey like Mom would make, well, actually, she is makin it. And Trigg, my ma can cook reel gude. :P

Jen has been interested in watching the news of everyone headin out on the road. And on Friday, we may be off to SF for that other tradition, CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! :blink:

Edited by Feathers268 (see edit history)

I'll be at work, but the whole family is coming over. So this year DAD is cooking the turkey, I'm praying it comes out ok, this will be his first. Jun will be making a Chinese dish (chicken wings cooked in a sauce made primarily from coca-cola) to add to all the traditional dishes.

My SO and I are still waiting for our interview. As we all know and have experienced it is a :clapping: very SLOOOOOOW process. Yesterday I sent her a nice floral arrangement and a large fruit basket for our Thanks Giving Day. She was really surprised today when I talked to her of the gifts she recieved. She really looks foward on next years T-day here in our home in America and so do I. To borrow a saying from the old Brooklyn Dodgers "Wait Till Next Year and yez ain't seen nothin yet!"

My Daughter has invited me to her home this year for Dinner and I am really looking foward to it. This is her 1st try at Thanks Giving Dinner today and I am sure she will pull it off A-OK.

I am very Thankful also for Having Li, my family and all the blessings I have recieved through my life.

HAPPY THANKS GIVING TO ALL!!!

Tom

Edited by Thomas Promise (see edit history)