Dear all,

I called DOS last week to check my case status. The lady told me my case has been completed and sent to GUZ on 9/21. I knew that already by calling NVC last month. I asked her if there is any other information, like name check. She said name check has been completed too, what I can do now is to wait for interview letter. I was pretty happy to hear that. I asked her the estimate time to wait. Guess what she answered? NINE MONTHS. :D Geez.... I asked why it's taking so long. She said it's due to GUZ overload.

Is 9 months a normal time range? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Dear all,

I called DOS last week to check my case status.  The lady told me my case has been completed and sent to GUZ on 9/21.  I knew that already by calling NVC last month.  I asked her if there is any other information, like name check.  She said name check has been completed too, what I can do now is to wait for interview letter.  I was pretty happy to hear that.  I asked her the estimate time to wait.  Guess what she answered?  NINE MONTHS. :D Geez....  I asked why it's taking so long.  She said it's due to GUZ overload. 

Is 9 months a normal time range?  Does anyone know?  Thanks.

170755[/snapback]

A couple of us had 9 months from NOA1 to visa, so it can be done quicker (I think someone was only 7 months). Check the Timeline information pinned at the top of the General Visa forum, for recent projections.

Dear all,

I called DOS last week to check my case status.  The lady told me my case has been completed and sent to GUZ on 9/21.  I knew that already by calling NVC last month.  I asked her if there is any other information, like name check.  She said name check has been completed too, what I can do now is to wait for interview letter.  I was pretty happy to hear that.  I asked her the estimate time to wait.  Guess what she answered?  NINE MONTHS.   :lol:   Geez....  I asked why it's taking so long.  She said it's due to GUZ overload. 

170755[/snapback]

A couple of us had 9 months from NOA1 to visa, so it can be done quicker (I think someone was only 7 months). Check the Timeline information pinned at the top of the General Visa forum, for recent projections.

170756[/snapback]

Didnt someone just recently do 160 days from Noa1 to Visa?

Don't believe everything you hear.

A lot of what they say is just a standard response, and whin it comes right down to it, they really don't know much either.

In our case, I kept getting the same response and was told once that I could wait for up to another 3 months. :lol: 2 days later? DOS tells me we have an interview scheduled. :D

Hsa your SO recieved p3 paperwork from GZ? we ran about 6 months from the time Jen returned it and that was right on with other timelines. I suggest expect for 9 months but keep on the and be prepared for suprises. You could go from an infinatly long wait to very short notice of an interview.

Best of luck, and hang in there. :P

Dear all,

I called DOS last week to check my case status.?The lady told me my case has been completed and sent to GUZ on 9/21.?I knew that already by calling NVC last month.?I asked her if there is any other information, like name check.?She said name check has been completed too, what I can do now is to wait for interview letter.?I was pretty happy to hear that.?I asked her the estimate time to wait.?Guess what she answered??NINE MONTHS.?nbsp; :rolleyes:?nbsp; Geez....?I asked why it's taking so long.?She said it's due to GUZ overload.?

Is 9 months a normal time range??Does anyone know??Thanks.

170755[/snapback]

170756[/snapback]

170772[/snapback]

160 days? Really??? I thought that never happen in China. :blink: :lol:

Dear all,

I called DOS last week to check my case status.?The lady told me my case has been completed and sent to GUZ on 9/21.?I knew that already by calling NVC last month.?I asked her if there is any other information, like name check.?She said name check has been completed too, what I can do now is to wait for interview letter.?I was pretty happy to hear that.?I asked her the estimate time to wait.?Guess what she answered??NINE MONTHS.?nbsp; :rolleyes:?nbsp; Geez....?I asked why it's taking so long.?She said it's due to GUZ overload.?

Is 9 months a normal time range??Does anyone know??Thanks.

170755[/snapback]

170756[/snapback]

170772[/snapback]

160 days? Really??? I thought that never happen in China. :blink: :lol:

171264[/snapback]

I had the same response from the DOS in October, and our "received in GUZ date" was 8/18/05. I posted my dismay here and several members told me the same thing they are telling you: it's a standard time frame they give, and most members said we would actually get our interview date much sooner. Two or three predicted it would be in November.

Alas, in early November we received our interview for December 7, 2005!

So hang in there! There is every likelihood you will get an interview date by December or January.

Keep calling them.

Dear all,

I called DOS last week to check my case status.  The lady told me my case has been completed and sent to GUZ on 9/21.  I knew that already by calling NVC last month.  I asked her if there is any other information, like name check.  She said name check has been completed too, what I can do now is to wait for interview letter.  I was pretty happy to hear that.  I asked her the estimate time to wait.  Guess what she answered?  NINE MONTHS. :) Geez....  I asked why it's taking so long.  She said it's due to GUZ overload. 

170755[/snapback]

bearbear,

Try RTFF first! Sighhhhhhhh; Try this link. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...30entry170012, post 36 I believe.

Total time 5 months 3 days, fom original submission to P-4 for K-3 visa. You are slightly different being a CR1(most defintely longer). I see you are using a lawyer, have a nice long day! You better sit back and relax.

BTW, my wife already was asked by GUZ if she desired to change from K3 to Visa to CR1! The answer was a flat resounding NO from both of us.

I don't see an I-129F for a K-3 in your timeline so I assume you are only doing the I-130. At this point the I-129F would probably not help you anyway. From the speed GZ has been going and considering you are I-130 only I would say that 9 months may not be too far off the mark.

Now your case will sit in the DHL warehouse until GZ picks it up. Probably about 5 weeks from the time it arrived. You won't be able to find out anything else until they pick it up and enter it into the data base. You could call DOS weekly or so and see if it has been entered yet.