wedding pictures

ptcrusier333rph

"We are also aware that it is common in China for couples to take posed wedding photos before their wedding. Try to not to worry too much about little mistakes or slip ups in the interview, we realize that everyone is human." quote

does that mean they can be used???????

168234[/snapback]

Yes - BUT remember also that the Visa Officer has 5 minutes to look these things over and make a snap judgment. It's hard for me to believe that someone would look at these things and conclude that you attempted to fraudulently get married too early, but others have made that claim.

I think the problem is basically that whenn someone is given a blue slip, they have much to think over about what might have been the REAL reason.

I'll third that vote.

Particuarly by their own admission... the VO can be confused by doing 10 applicants in a row, and not address someone by their correct visa category...

We won't consider their mistake or slip up 'little' if it results in a blue slip, because we contributed to that confusion...

Dear CFL Member,

We ourselves occasionally make this mistake, because we might interview 10 applicants in a row, who are married and then might accidentally call someone’s fiancé wife or husband.

We are also aware that it is common in China for couples to take posed wedding photos before their wedding. Try to not to worry too much about little mistakes or slip ups in the interview, we realize that everyone is human

167727[/snapback]

You can put those pictures in if you like. I think the pictures with the both of you together and family members are more important. I took a family photo from our engagement party (her family). I copied the family photo (1/2 a page of a 8 1/2" X 11") and numbered each person on the picture. On the bottom half of the sheet I typed the name and relationship of the family member. At the interview the VO didn't want to see any pictures.

No wedding photos for K1.  Also no photos done by professional studio.

168261[/snapback]

While I was at the Consulate today , a lady was turned down for her K-1 when she showed the wedding pictures taken at a professional studio .

So if you want to explain why you have WEDDING pictures in an OVERCOME letter , I would not EVEN Breathe a word about a WEDDING .

I would not show Pre-Wedding Photos in the interview on a K-1. You could start up a problem for your SO and Yourself. Remember they are looking for fraud and poor intent.

I have been in sales all my life and one of the formulas for sucess in sales is that You use the KISS Method.= Keep it simple stupid. (no insult intended). I would be cordial to them and let the VO ask the questions and not volunteer anything to Him/Her. You do not wish to have confusion here. Your SOs main goal is to get through the interview and get the Visa. So you may start your new lives together.

keep the wedding photos for yourself, family, and friends...... don't show to the VO.........

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)