USCONGUZ Speaks!

tywy_99

Having said that, we are going to enforce U.S. immigration law and attempt to prevent people from circumventing U.S. immigration law through sham marriages and engagements.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

WoW!......Now that's looking straight down the barrel and putting it bluntly to you!

All I can say to CFL administration is... "you asked!" :huh:

Good for GUZ!... :mellow:

Helping to protect America's borders.

TY,

where is the rest of that thread? I looked back, but didn't see it...

:mellow:

thanks, got it, now it makes more sense...

When you read the whole thread I believe the GZ responses are reasonable.

It certainly can't hurt us, as CFL, to keep an open dialog with the GZ visa section.

164549[/snapback]

I agree with you Jim. The people in GUZ are hired to process the papers and enforced the laws of the USA. Sham marriages are well-known schemes used to illegally enter the USA and need to be stopped in their tracks.

Guest ShaQuaNew
When you read the whole thread I believe the GZ responses are reasonable.

It certainly can't hurt us, as CFL, to keep an open dialog with the GZ visa section.

164549[/snapback]

I agree Jim that the Guz responses look reasonable, at least on the surface. Unfortunately the true responses run much deeper. When I read the thread I find the responses to be a mirror of political rhetoric and far from specific. These are all political "talking points" that explain the objective, but fail to explain the detail about how they will do it.

One can say all day long that they are actively engaged in preventing sham marriages and political undesireables from entering America, but what is NOT said is while attempting to further this policy is that ALL free people pay the price. Those that are personally with anything to do with US immigration will tell you the process is secretive, slow, and often unfair. Additionally, there is hoop after senseless hoop that one must jump to prove their loyalty to the US and truthfulness.

Speaking of shams, I would venture to say that while there are many that are attempting to circumvent the US immigration process, that the ones that are paying the price are the ones that are following protocol. I for one believe that there is something terribly wrong with a process that takes months and in some cases years to complete. There is NO excuse for that, NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZERO!

When I begin hearing a voice that explains in undeniable specifics about US immigration, which is further coupled to show the accountability of a person rather than an office or entity, I will say that the process is fair. Will it happen? I doubt in our lifetimes.... :(

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

I see the comments so far as part 'CYA' and part an attempt to 'oil the squeaky wheel'...

While definitely a good will gesture, I cannot help but think that part of the attempt to make contact here at CFL is to help them reduce their call and contact load.

Based on the call and contact volumes they appear to handle, I would say they did need to do something to get IV units to concentrate more on the nuts and bolts...

I do have to wonder why so many are constantly contacting the consulate and if it is really warranted. I would think it would be more productive to figure out why the volume is so high and work on ways to reduce it (which I think this is one of the) and ways to provide the information better...

While definitely a good will gesture, I cannot help but think that part of the attempt to make contact here at CFL is to help them reduce their call and contact load.

Based on the call and contact volumes they appear to handle, I would say they did need to do something to get IV units to concentrate more on the nuts and bolts...

I do have to wonder why so many are constantly contacting the consulate and if it is really warranted. I would think it would be more productive to figure out why the volume is so high and work on ways to reduce it (which I think this is one of the) and ways to provide the information better...

164756[/snapback]

164756[/snapback]

I have to agree that this contact with CFL may reduce the number of contacts to GUZ and if that is their goal then it is successful .

I do worry about the present system where security checks can go on and on

they need to change that ,so there is a resolution within say a 6 month time period -a reasonable deadline for this needs to be set -

For those that are in the security check ,it has to be very frustrating and I would be very distressed to be powerless to do anything but to Wait

Guest ShaQuaNew
I have to agree that this contact with CFL may reduce the number of contacts to GUZ  and if that is their goal then it is successful .

I do worry about the present system where security checks can go on and on

they need to change that ,so there is a resolution within  say a 6 month time period -a reasonable deadline for this needs to be set -

For those that are in the security check ,it has to be very frustrating  and I would be very distressed to be powerless to do anything but to Wait

164769[/snapback]

Doubtful that someone that is allegedly an agent of the GUZ mouthing the same things that anyone can find in print anywhere will ever reduce the number of telephone calls and emails from petitioners and beneficiaries wondering why it's taking so long.....

The system is BROKE and needs fixing. Mouthing rhetoric won't do a thing.

Maybe the process takes so long because it is designed to weed out the sham marriages and engagements through attrition... The real, strong marriages will survive, while the shams and sketchy ones will fail long before any paperwork is approved.

I don't necessarily agree with that concept, but I guess it has its own logic to it.

AoM

Guest ShaQuaNew
Maybe the process takes so long because it is designed to weed out the sham marriages and engagements through attrition...  The real, strong marriages will survive, while the shams and sketchy ones will fail long before any paperwork is approved.

I don't necessarily agree with that concept, but I guess it has its own logic to it.

AoM

164805[/snapback]

Following that logic through I guess a strong marriage will survive when one's spouse says they won't be coming home for several months and don't really know whether they will be coming home at all. Remember, the US government knows that they create a bad perception amongst foreign nations when visa petitions take extended periods of time to approve. Agencies like the USCIS, DOS, FBI, etc., are tasked to reduce the wait times for this reason.

Is it happening? Well, truthfully while many petitions are moving faster now than two years ago, there remain many that get hung up in the beauracratic network. When this happens the same old lame excuses are used and for the wise should never fly. When and if the US public becomes aware that losing civil rights is NOT required to be safe the problems with immigration will NEVER improve.

With that said, I agree with your analogy that there is probably a perception behind the dark curtains that the sham marriages are more likely to give up than those that seriously with to immigrate to the USA to marry.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
For K cases, the beneficiary’s address should be written in Chinese characters on the back of the I-129F when originally submitted.

I don't remember reading that in the instructions. I remember adding a continuation sheet to cover my wife's address in both English and Chinese. That was pointed out in the instructions.

:D :huh: