Left China; in US

We left China on Sept 20... had an immediate hiccup as Chinese customs found a folding knife in her carry on backpack.. I'm amazed they found it in the xray since it took three xrays to track it down in the backpack...

Then to make matters worse, when it was opened, there was blood on it :ph34r: But a simple confiscation was all that was required... and logging it on a computer.

We got to JFK within 20 minutes of estimated arrival.. Customs took about 1 hour...

We got the EAD stamp. It is not obvious what it is and I went back to an agent and asked where it was in the visa....

Drove 4 hours to MA last night.. got home and slept the night..

Got up today..walked two hours this morning including eating breakfast. SHe skipped around everywhere, stopped to smell every flower, and tried to play with the squirrels. :)

She commented on the "small road" we walked on (sidewalk); how the trees had a wife (ivy growing up the tree), and how many single [men] trees there were... She asked for some hot water.. when I reached for a cup she told me to clean it.. I said, "it's already clean".. she asked me to "clean again"... I'll clean it a hundred times if she wants.. :lol:

Then immediately slept after we got back from the walk.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your new adventure has began, great first post on first day!!! welcome home!!!

Guest ShaQuaNew
We left China on Sept 20...  had an immediate hiccup as Chinese customs found a folding knife in her carry on backpack..  I'm amazed they found it in the xray since it took three xrays to track it down in the backpack...

Then to make matters worse, when it was opened, there was blood on it  :)    But a simple confiscation was all that was required... and logging it on a computer.

155820[/snapback]

Hopefully you did a better job disposing of the body! :greenblob:

Welcome home David. It's good to have you back.... :greenblob:

Welcome Home, Fellow CFL Brother. Enjoy that sleep as your work will begin just as soon as she discovers the local shopping center, stip malls, & Oh Yeah, THE MALL ;)

Be prepared to wash every vegetable that you get from the Market, even if it is in a sealed bag. Just do not tell her that the Dish washer cleans and sanitized everything, or you may find yourself eating your food out of its strainer :lol:

Welcome back David and welcome to America Xizuan!!

The wonderment of her being in a new country will go on for a while!! Enjoy every second of it. The tree has a wife - that's pretty funny!

Wait until she starts cooking wierd things in the kitchen!!! :D :hug:

Glad to see that the bloody knife in the backpack didn't cause a ruckus! :o

You got lucky on that one!! ;) :lol:

David,

Congratulations on your return to the "Real World." It will be interesting when my Ying gets her herself. She already told me that since she worked many years ago in Russia, she is probably more westernized than other Chinese women, and likes the idea of having gadgets (i.e. DISHWASHER, ELECTRIC RANGE, GARBAGE DISPOSAL, VACUMN CLEANER, CARPET CLEANER) to help make housework that much easier. All in all my training period should be blessedly short and sweet B).

Welcome home David!! You were lucky that the bloody knife didn't cause more problems... funny to read about, but I'm sure it was nerve racking at the time.... :blink: :rolleyes: :mobrun:

Thanks for the great story about the walk.... I'm so looking forward to enjoying many special moments watching my SO and daughter experience all the new things here!!

Best of luck and enjoy every minute!!!