Does anybody have any personal experience with....

Not that I have had a person try to contact the Guangzhou consulate but I have received emails and a telephone call from an 'ex-friend' of my SO. This person and my SO were extremely tight the last time I visited Nanning. They spent quite a bit of time together and even discussed with me the possibility of going into business upon arriving in the USA. The woman has since married a man from San Diego which is an hour drive from me down I-15. She arrived to the USA in April and from the opinion of my SO, is extremely jealous of my SO and her feelings towards me. In my SO's words... "she no good woman, she no love Laogong and no happy"

Hey... I'm no prince and not a man of money but I am the richest man in the world when it comes to the emotional attachment I share with my SO, as I am sure many CFL'ers feel the same way.

You hear so many troublesome stories of this type of situation but wouldn't you think that these VO's would be trained to spot the fraud from the documentation and such?

In a perfect world that is... Apparently, some cases get approved for visas without the love. That is a shame and doomed for failure.

I am praying for this woman's laogong!

145658[/snapback]

why not talk to her husband about what she threathen to do, he live a hour away, I sure he might be able to nip it in the bud for you, take the guy out golfing or bowling then mention what she doing.

robert

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I have had a person try to contact the Guangzhou consulate but I have received emails and a telephone call from an 'ex-friend' of my SO. This person and my SO were extremely tight the last time I visited Nanning. They spent quite a bit of time together and even discussed with me the possibility of going into business upon arriving in the USA. The woman has since married a man from San Diego which is an hour drive from me down I-15. She arrived to the USA in April and from the opinion of my SO, is extremely jealous of my SO and her feelings towards me. In my SO's words... "she no good woman, she no love Laogong and no happy"

Hey... I'm no prince and not a man of money but I am the richest man in the world when it comes to the emotional attachment I share with my SO, as I am sure many CFL'ers feel the same way.

You hear so many troublesome stories of this type of situation but wouldn't you think that these VO's would be trained to spot the fraud from the documentation and such?

In a perfect world that is... Apparently, some cases get approved for visas without the love. That is a shame and doomed for failure.

I am praying for this woman's laogong!

145658[/snapback]

why not talk to her husband about what she threathen to do, he live a hour away, I sure he might be able to nip it in the bud for you, take the guy out golfing or bowling then mention what she doing.

robert

145674[/snapback]

This woman is not yet married - she is still rearching for a husband. Of course with her attitude and behavior I can certainly see why nobody will marry her - ha ha.

so, how did the meeting with your SO and that other woman go? is it fixed?

The best advice is don't tell anyone (except family) about applying for the K visa.  Many people (including the employer and friends) may be your enemies.

145919[/snapback]

Now that my wife is reading more in 001 she has had me remove her name and our cities in fear of someone interferring. This is really sad thing to do. Some of those girls over there are real sharks!

The best advice is don't tell anyone (except family) about applying for the K visa.  Many people (including the employer and friends) may be your enemies.

145919[/snapback]

Now that my wife is reading more in 001 she has had me remove her name and our cities in fear of someone interferring. This is really sad thing to do. Some of those girls over there are real sharks!

145946[/snapback]

And sometimes it will overflow from there to here- part of the reason I did not post here for 2-1/2 months as C.W. (BTW: About the Chinese grapevine- My wife is NOT even a 001 member either!!!) Richard

Edited by Chinese Wife!!! (see edit history)

Yes, Mike's was also 3rd party. His wife hd hired a lady to help her with her visa. She saw the lady she hired to help was doing nothing and fired her. Pay back was that the lady notified GZ that they were a fraud. He did confirm it, the lady even told his wife she would do it too...and she did. They were powerless. Truth or Lie, doesn't matter. Raising the flag is all it takes and your screwed. I think Carl suspected he was the victim ofr 3rd party also, but couldn't confirm. What a shitty thing to do to people. No reprocusions on part of the liar.

Agreed King. Have you ever heard the song "Good Advice" by Alan Sherman? The repeated line was "Good advice costs nothing and it's worth the price." In the song he claims to have been the source for evey good idea in history. It is a very funny song. Of course that was in the 60's when it was just being discovered that people would pay for advice.

By the way, your advice has always been worth its weight in gold. :D

Edited by Dan R (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
This woman is not  yet married - she is still rearching for a husband. Of course with her attitude and behavior I can certainly see why nobody will marry her - ha ha.

145817[/snapback]

I have just the "acquaintance" that I can hook her up with here in the states. Sounds like they are made for one another..... :P

Seems no matter where you are there's always someone that want's to spoil things when they see others having fun. Stopping the fun I don't believe has ever been the appropriate response. A good recourse is to have more fun than ever rather than fading into the woodwork..... :unsure:

so, how did the meeting with your SO and that other woman go?  is it fixed?

145913[/snapback]

Thanks for asking....

It went well on one respect but bad on another... This woman claims that she DID NOT send the letter (the one I received that I did not mention here). So if this is true - the matter is now complicated some because we do not know WHO sent it. The only good part is that this woman says she was only "threatening" to send a letter to the embassy - but that she would never go that far or do harm in that way. So this is a little good - But we now have the problem of not knowing who actually sent the letter to me - and if this person also is capable of sending something similar to the embassy. We must now concentrate all efforts to finding out who is the author of the letter I received - and try to assure this person does not send a similar letter to the embassy. I really have no idea how I am going to discover the author of the letter - My wife says that she has no clue who would do such a thing. But the ex-friend could be lieing to her - and maybe WAS the author... This is our delima - we don't know and can't prove anything. So if anybody has any further comments or advice - I would appreciate it. I'm certainly not going to say anything to the embassy myself - because we really do not know if anything is going to be sent to them or not at this point - we can only speculate. The hard part now is not knowing.

Thanks,

Scott

(m-coon)

145919[/snapback]

This may be the single most important (and difficult) advice to follow... as happy as our SO will be and wanting to share it, it is best to not let others know outside of family and trusted friends.

Guest ShaQuaNew
This may be the single most important (and difficult) advice to follow... as happy as our SO will be and wanting to share it,  it is best to not let others know outside of family and trusted friends.

146080[/snapback]

Unfortunately, this is good advice. It's rather nerve-wracking that the future of our love-life hangs on a thread until we get that visa....

This may be the single most important (and difficult) advice to follow... as happy as our SO will be and wanting to share it,  it is best to not let others know outside of family and trusted friends.

146080[/snapback]

Unfortunately, this is good advice. It's rather nerve-wracking that the future of our love-life hangs on a thread until we get that visa....

146082[/snapback]

Yes...excellent advice. While my SO was still in China, she was very excited about her future plans and told everyone about it. For the most part (about 99%), everyone was very happy for her and supportive of her.

But there were a few people at her work she described as 'jealous', and gave her a hard time. She eventually quit that job.

I just now put two and two together and realize it a big part of the reason she quit that job.

It just shows that not everyone will be as happy as your SO about what he/she's doing.

...And then there's that cab driver...he really wasn't happy. If only I would have known what he was saying at the time! :ph34r: