Does anybody have any personal experience with....

Hi All,

There is no sense in telling what previosly occured - as it was only a small stone compared to this big boulder!

I desperately need to know if anybody has any personal information they can share about this topic: My wife has an ex-friend in China that is now treatening to try to cause harm to her by attempting to cause her visa application to be denied - by writing to the consulate in GZ - stating any number of things. We do not know what she intends to say in the letter but we are assuming it will be something about her seeking only a green card and that the marriage to me is not sincere or possibly about some past history on my wife - But she could just as easily say any number of other things that may cause the application to go the wrong way.

My obvious concerns is if this is even possible? Would the consulate take such accusations seriously? Can this woman say or do anything that can cause my wifes visa to be denied? Is there anyway to protect this from happening? Please, anybody having shared similar problems - please advise me of what to expect and if there is anything I should do to help avoid this from happening!

My wife is meeting with this woman tomorrow and intends to point out that if she does such a thing - that she can expect the same in return... as this ex-friend is also seeking the visa to America. We hope this thought will perhaps make her realize that she will ultimately hurt herself if she follows through with the threat - and cause her to stop these actions.

Thanks,

Scott

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
My wife has an ex-friend in China that is now treatening to try to cause harm to her by attempting to cause her visa application to be denied - by writing to the consulate in GZ - stating any number of things. We do not know what she intends to say in the letter but we are assuming it will be something about her seeking only a green card and that the marriage to me is not sincere or possibly about some past history on my wife - But she could just as easily say any number of other things that may cause the application to go the wrong way.

145412[/snapback]

Hmmmm, a scorned woman perhaps?

I guess everyone has their own methods of getting back at such a vicious attack. I think the Gotti family uses Guido to make offers that can't be refused.

Don't they in China, let's see what is the direct translation, "give you a color to see?" :D :ph34r: :P

In any event, sitting back and letting it simply happen is akin to becoming someone's doormat. Whatever you decide to do take a lesson from CSI and cover your tracks....

....or find Guido's telephone number.... :P

Scott there have been a couple of these situations. It may cause a delay while you present "over Come" information or they check it out. Both have been reported in the past. This is the "third party evidence" that can cause problems delaying the process. If you have any idea what may be reported to GZ prepare counter evidence for the interview. Personally I would report it in a letter to GZ IV with name and reason the person is interfering in the relationship. If nothing else it may prepare you and start the over come process if there is a delay.

This does happen and they are aware of the complications but must check things out. Just be as ready as you can be.

To twist David's "You happy, I happy" there are also many people that follow "I not happy, You never be happy" philosophy.

It is much better that you are aware of this than that it appear at the interview causing a denial out of the blue.

"My wife is meeting with this woman tomorrow and intends to point out that if she does such a thing - that she can expect the same in return... as this ex-friend is also seeking the visa to America. We hope this thought will perhaps make her realize that she will ultimately hurt herself if she follows through with the threat - and cause her to stop these actions."

Do not say anything or do anything intimidating. Teeth for teeth eye for eye doesn't always work. Better think twice. I would suggest your wife bring a mini MP3 with recording funtion to her meeting with her so-called friend and record the conversation with her "friend", but remember, do not attempt to "threaten" her using the same way cos it may make the whole situation worse. Try to stay calm and firm. If she does write anonymous letter to the consulate, the recording can be used as back-up evidence.

As long as your relationship is genuine, you should have nothing to fear about.

I already suggested that she record the conversation by having a mini tape recorder in her purse. This was my first thought. But I was hoping that this woman had not thought out what could happen to her visa if she attempted to hurt ours - so I thought pointing this out would be the biggest deture.

Scott

This is touchy situation for you, one thought would be that you prove without a doubt your relationship ..... and find out the basis of the rationale that this "ex" friend is using... prepare ahead of time your overcome responses.......... and good luck!!!

Here are the two posts of confirmed third party correspondence.. I don't recall if MikeXiao ever confirmed this for his delay (?):

BLUE SLIP AND FOLLOW UP DISASTER, UPDATE

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8797

Finally got the visa, She is on her way to the US

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9133

---

My advice is for your SO to do ANYTHING it takes to mend that relationship... However low she may feel she has to stoop.. I would not jeoparize the visa over feelings of insult or shame... Do NOT follow 'eye for an eye' as was already mentioned.

Later, when she is in US, she can forget her... or maybe they truly make up by then.

The cases of 'Third party correspondence' can result in the paperwork going back to USCIS in some cases and then a longer delay and sometimes a congressman is needed to help push it along.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I already suggested that she record the conversation by having a mini tape recorder in her purse. This was my first thought. But I was hoping that this woman had not thought out what could happen to her visa if she attempted to hurt ours - so I thought pointing this out would be the biggest deture.

Scott

145426[/snapback]

Your first line of defense will always be:

1. documenting any and all conversations

2. surreptitious tape recording

3. photographs

4. ancilliary evidence

5. letters

6. witnesses

...but, these are methods employed in a perfect world, and who's to know how surreptitious tape recordings will be viewed as they are often considered illegal, sometimes allowed.

You also have a cultural chasm between the US and China...here in the US, for those that have money to burn, they hire a private investigator. Fight fire, with fire they say, keep a cool head, but also engaging. You have advanced warning that this person intends to do you harm. Whether or not she follows through with a threat is a toss of the dice.

If you have the resources, I would look into a Chinese private investigator. In absense of that, try employing your own investigatory technique....

If your wife is a skilled negotiator I recommend all three things mentioned above.

1. Document as I said above

2. Meet the exfriend and try to mend fences

3. With the sweetest sound of intent during the conversation mention that you know a Congressman who owes you and if necessary you will use that friendship to stop her visa. But of course your So wouldn't want to do that unless the exfriend makes it necessary (smile).

I find this method very effective in the U.S. even with Americans. :P

Guest DragonFlower

Not to make light of a possible bad situation,but my wife once talked about a "friend" that was hassling her.She said she kept her quiet "by stuffing chocolates in her mouth".

Try to make peace not war.

But watch your back very closely.

long

What about heading it off at the pass, GUZ, by sending a letter of the documented conversation (i.e. threat, extortion attempt). Include the name of the individual, where she is from etc...

Any chances of that working?

Would seem that on the face of it that the person threatening would immediately be at risk then for her own visa to proceed.

Your thoughts?

What about heading it off at the pass, GUZ, by sending a letter of the documented conversation (i.e. threat, extortion attempt).  Include the name of the individual, where she is from etc...

Any chances of that working? 

Would seem that on the face of it that the person threatening would immediately be at risk then for her own visa to proceed.

Your thoughts?

145608[/snapback]

I personally don't like this idea... till the last moment of knowing the other person is truly going to do something.

Otherwise, one could be creating their own third party correspondence when the third party doesn't maybe do it in the end.. I don't think GUZ will let that go by without a denial... They'll think something is definitely up...

A thought or two on your situation. If you or your wife can arrange to photograph, time dated, the other woman and your wife together at lunch or tea it might useful in counter acting anything she tries.

Don't have your wife threaten the other woman, but if she is skillful enough and outside the recorder pickup range she might drop a hint, that anyone could write about the woman saying she is only trying to get a greeen card and her marriage is not real. That has to be handled with care.

Have you considered that the other woman might bring a recorder too?

Not that I have had a person try to contact the Guangzhou consulate but I have received emails and a telephone call from an 'ex-friend' of my SO. This person and my SO were extremely tight the last time I visited Nanning. They spent quite a bit of time together and even discussed with me the possibility of going into business upon arriving in the USA. The woman has since married a man from San Diego which is an hour drive from me down I-15. She arrived to the USA in April and from the opinion of my SO, is extremely jealous of my SO and her feelings towards me. In my SO's words... "she no good woman, she no love Laogong and no happy"

Hey... I'm no prince and not a man of money but I am the richest man in the world when it comes to the emotional attachment I share with my SO, as I am sure many CFL'ers feel the same way.

You hear so many troublesome stories of this type of situation but wouldn't you think that these VO's would be trained to spot the fraud from the documentation and such?

In a perfect world that is... Apparently, some cases get approved for visas without the love. That is a shame and doomed for failure.

I am praying for this woman's laogong!