BLUE SLIP AND FOLLOW UP DISASTER

DEAR FRIENDS...FIRST EXCUSE ME FOR POSTING IN ALL CAPS...I AM HAVING HOME COMPUTER PROBLEMS, AND THIS PUBLIC LIBRARY KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING RIGHT,,,,

IT HAS BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS SINCE MY PING APPROVED , THEN DENIED HER K-1 VISA (DECEMBER 9, 2004). THE BLUE SLIP WAS CHECKED OFF "PETITIONER HAS NOT PROVIDED SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OF BONA-FIDE RELATIONSHP"...YOU KNOW THE REST. THERE IS MUCH MORE THAN A BLUE SLIP TO OUR SITUATION..PLEASE READ ON.

IN EARLY JAN I CALLED DOS AND FOUND OUT OUR CASE HAD BEEN SENT TO THE"FRAUD PREVENTION UNIT". DOS WOULD NOT EXPLAIN WHY, SO I CALLED ON MY CONGRESSMAN TO INVESTIGATE. THE GZ RESPONSE TO THE INQUIRY SAID "AFTER A SECOND REVIEW OF THE CASE AND RECEIVING THIRD PARTY CORRESPONDENCE, THE CONSULAR OFFICER DETERMINED THE CASE SHOULD BE SENT BACK TO THE U.S.A. FOR REVOCATION"

IN A PANIC I CALLED MY ATTORNEY TO ASK ABOUT THE NEXT STEP..(WE HAD ALREADY FILED A MOTION TO RE-OPEN AND RECONSIDER BACK IN DECEMBER IMMEDIATELY UPON ISSUANCE OF BLUE SLIP)....I ALSO CONFERRED WITH A SECOND IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY.

BOTH ATTORNEYS SAID WE MAY NEVER KNOW THE SOURCE"THIRD PARTY CORRESPONDENCE", NOR WILL WE KNOW THE NATURE OF IT TILL USCIS CONTACTS MY ATTORNEY...I'VE ALSO BEEN TOLD IT COULD TAKE UP TO 6 MONTHS BEFORE ANYTHING HAPPENS!! OH LORD!

I HAVE SPOKEN TO MY SO ALL THE QUESTIONS ABOUT TRUTHFUL ANSWERS, ETC, ETC...I HATED ITERROGATING HER, BUT I FEEL THE QUESTIONS ARE NECESSARY. I ALSO SUGGESTED THAT PERHAPS HER EX-HUSBAND IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM...SHE IS ABSOLUTELY SURE ITS NOT HIM. IT IS OBVIOUS SOMEONE IN HER SOCIAL OR FAMILY CIRCLE(PERHAPS A FORMER EMPLOYER WHO TOLD HER TO LEAVE WHEN SHE ANNOUNCED SHE PLANNED TO IMMIGRATE). MY SO IS VERY OPEN, AND HAS BEEN SHARING HER JOY WITH EVERYONE SINCE WE MET...A GOOD TIP FOR EVERYONE...TELL YOUR SO NOT TO SHARE INFO WITH ANYONE, AND TO DO AS MUCH DOCUMENTATION ON HER OWN IF POSSIBLE

SHE SHARED AN INTERESTING STORY WITH ME ABOUT WHEN SHE WAS PREPARING HER DOCUMENTS IN GZ. SHE VISITED WITH ONE OF THE 'AGENCIES' NEAR THE CONSULATE. A WOMAN AT ONE OF THESE AGENCIES VIEWED THE PAPERS, THEN REQUESTED AN EXORBITANT PRICE TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE. WHEN MY SO REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE QUOTED PRICE, THE WOMAN LOOKED VERY PERTURBED ACCORDING TO MY SO)..PERHAPS SHE IS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM?

MY SO HAS NO DARK PAST, A CLEAN RECORD, TRUTHFUL PAPERWORK, AND IS IN GOOD HEALTH..SAME FOR HER DAUGHTER...I CAN'T IMAGINE WHERE THIS HURTFUL THIRD PARTY CORRESPONDENCE CAME FROM....IS IT NECESSARILY PERSONAL OR IS IT FROM ANOTHER GOV'T AGENCY??? I AM 99.9% SURE IT DIDN'T COME FROM MY SIDE!...BOY WOULD THAT BE A SHOCKER!

MY ATTORNEY HAS TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY, AND THAT WE WILL PREVAIL ONCE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESPOND. HE TOLD ME TWO OR THREE TIMES IN MY FRANTIC CALL THAT WE WILL WIN THIS...WE JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT...I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK THE GOV'T HAS PUT THIS LONG DELAY ON OUR CASE TO TEST OUR SINCERITY...PERHAPS THEY WANT TO SEE IF MY PETITION IS WITHDRAWN..DAMN THEM, MY SO AND I LOVE EACH OTHER AND BELONG TOGETHER. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I'M JUST TO THE LEFT OF CRAZY RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND EXPERIENCE, AND THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES..WE REALLY NEED THEM NOW!

IN THE MEANTIME MY SO AND I ARE TERRIFIED AND ANGUISHED..SO FAR WE'VE HAD CHRISTMAS AND TWO NEW YEARS RUINED, ALONG WITH VALENTINES DAY.

Alex,

I feel so sorry for both of you. I know my sympathy doesn't do much for you. It's a tragedy the way the Feds are treating you. It's their job to weed out fraudulent cases (because they do exist), but holy smokes, once they see a guy doing EVERYTHING within his power to prove that it's a genuine relationship, obviously they should heed the call and do the right thing.

I too am convinced that everything will eventually work out, that you and your sweetheart will someday be together forever. But it look likes it going to take awhile. Hang in there bud. I know it sucks. And yes it's more than gut wrenching, it's heart wrenching. Maybe when it's all over you'll have a nice cause for a billion dollar lawsuit due to extreme pain and suffering. Don't know what else to tell you. But don't give up!! Your gal sounds like a real sweetheart, well worth the extraordinary wait!!

We sympathize with you; we are closing in on two years since our application.

During our extended wait we have looked for what is positive and continue to look forward together. We take solace in knowing that which is costly is most treasured in life. Our long wait has been our challenge to us which we accepted and have grown together with.

This sentiment does little when you were so close only to be sidetracked at the last moment. But thought I would share with you that you are not alone and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck, chin up….good things come to those who wait.

Alex,

I learned about your situation when I was in GZ for Fei's interview... and shared it with her --- naturally, she feared something similar would happen to her fortunately, it didn't but it sure is a reminder that very strange, and apparently vindictive individuals can side track the visa process, apparently, without even a lot of factual evidence!!

I share with others here, my sincere hope that you get this resolved sooner rather than later --- but yeah, you WILL prevail!

I wanted to say something on your last posting,but i didn't,because i was hesitating, today your posting about the third party,it seems to be confirmation what i wanted to say last time.Another lady on 001 got blue slip to be asked for ex-husband informations,when she got evidences from her ex and his employer,she got a while slip and her visa ,she post on 001 later after she went back her hometown, she said the employer told her that he ever got a call from GZ consulate to make sure the letter is from him and all evidence is true.the lady advised on 001:"all evidences submit to GZ must be true...",so i think the third party is the one who sign on the letter,and left her or him phone number there,then GZ called her or him...

I am so sorry for that. :o

I agree, you should try to visit as soon as you can.

I hope this gets resolved soon for you, because it is wrong.

I hope you are sending out daily letters to congressman/senators and other officials.

This only feeds my anger about the lack of oversight on this consulate and workers.

Where there is no oversight, there is the possibility of corruption.

Alex,

I am so sad to hear about your case. Whenever I think about it, I feel angry, it is incredibly unjust. To me it seems really unfair to not disclose the source and nature of this 3rd party correspondence. It seems like you definitely should have a right to know, and a right to challenge whatever accusation was made.

I read that there is some country out there that has the following right for someone accused of doing something wrong ... it goes as follows ...

"to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him"

I wish I could remember which country and where it came from. Oh yeah, now I remember. It's part of the U.S. Constitution. Sometimes in all the hurry to chase down suspicions, I wish GZ would remember things like this.

Our prayers are with you and SO.

P.J.

It is not possible for me to get up and fly out to GZ on short notice..I'm a regular guy with two weeks vacation per year...I went to China twice in a nine month period...there's no way they can say i haven't visited enough.

I am startled by how out of control GZ seems to be..I can't believe they repesent us ! Shameless, rude, and operating on a whim...that seems to be the their way of doing things.

I've gone as far as possible with my Congressman...I've been advised they have baby tantrums if you get them annoyed my attorney and a second opinion attorney told me this. If you have a blue slip and it looks serious, get an attorney, especially if you can't foresee the ability to fly back anytime soon. this is too important to go at alone. For now it's sit n wait time till USCIS contacts my attorney..I thank you all for the support.

Alex,

I think when you and your lawyers get to appeal, the third party correspondence should be revealed. I am sure that a note was placed in the file saying the VO called and talked to so and so and he said, or that someone send a letter stating this or that. And a copy should be in the file. If they called someone who your SO worked with or her ex, there would be some type of notation or form used to say when the call was made and who was called and a note on what was said. If they say there is nothing like either of these scenarios I do not see how they can say a third-party influenced them. Proof is still required and there is an appeal process.

Best of luck toyou.

Dave

Alex,

I know it sounds redundant but hang in there. There are other cfl members that have made it through a 'black hole" of one sort or another, you can too. Maybe a non-paid loa from your job (if possible) might give you some needed time in China. I wonder it this situation would qualify for F.M.L.A. It might be an issue to take up with your h/r dept.

eeyore