Welcome Fang Ling. It was good meeting you in Portland. Have a good time in Chicago. Ask any question you like about English but please don't learn from the many other posts. Perhaps you could make a forum for English Help/Chinese Help. Most of us here are far behind our SOs when it comes to learning each other's language.

Trigg I doubt she can tarnish your sparkling image but we may gain sympathy for your wife. As far as the messy thing. That's what makes a man a man isn't it?  ;)  :blink:

Tony after all this time don't you know they communicate in a little known Tennessee dialect of Trigfanglish.

Now that Fang Ling has asked for English help maybe Trigg will too.

Zai Jian

142438[/snapback]

Ya know, you may finnaly have a good idea. A forum for the chinese wives to talk to other chinese wives and learn more english skills-especcialy writing. My wife doesn't do pin yin so she can't post in the Chinese forum. She wanted to talk/write to others in English because she says it is the only way she can learn to spell and write---not sure why she can't learn from me. And, in an all chinese forum using English--she wouldn't be in the G-pop and I'd be much safer

DON--whatcha think--new forum for Chinese So's to learn more english??---mops be us?? Maybe a bi-linual moderator/teacher. Hmmmmm, kinda opens up many ideas in the area of on site ESl doesn't it???

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello:frunk you scared jing wen ha ha ha?i know you very good husband .my husband very good too .?but he smoke to much and messy, i follow he all time clenp up.

142423[/snapback]

Oh Gheeeeez, my image may indeed get tanrished very soon!!!!!

142424[/snapback]

Now that Fang Ling can tell us all about Trigg the Chicago gathering should be very, very interesting... :blink:

Don't worry Trigg, "the truth will set you free."... ;) :lol: :lol:

142436[/snapback]

Roger, watch out, Ling will be meeting both Fang Ling and LuLi, and they have talked on the phone. Whe knows what will be said when they meet in person. For me, it could be a very long ride back home to Columbus, and for Trigg, even a very longer ride back to TN

142441[/snapback]

Gee Squeaky you don't think they would have any disparaging comments to make about their husbands' "dirty habits" do you?... :o :lol:

[My wife doesn't do pin yin so she can't post in the Chinese forum.

142444[/snapback]

People don't post pin yin in the Chinese forum. They post simplied Chinese.

Pinyin is the romanization of the Chinese "write sound." Romanization approximates Mandarin pronunciation with Western spellings and includes a tone mark to signify at what pitch to say a word. This provides a phonetic alphabet for Chinese, which otherwise would not have one.

Guest blsqueaky
Hello:frunk you scared jing wen ha ha ha?i know you very good husband .my husband very good too .?but he smoke to much and messy, i follow he all time clenp up.

142423[/snapback]

Oh Gheeeeez, my image may indeed get tanrished very soon!!!!!

142424[/snapback]

Now that Fang Ling can tell us all about Trigg the Chicago gathering should be very, very interesting... :blink:

Don't worry Trigg, "the truth will set you free."... ;) :lol: :lol:

142436[/snapback]

Roger, watch out, Ling will be meeting both Fang Ling and LuLi, and they have talked on the phone. Whe knows what will be said when they meet in person. For me, it could be a very long ride back home to Columbus, and for Trigg, even a very longer ride back to TN

142441[/snapback]

Gee Squeaky you don't think they would have any disparaging comments to make about their husbands' "dirty habits" do you?... :o :lol:

142446[/snapback]

Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah, especially is we get there early morning, let them lose to go shopping by themselves, where is the nearest beer joint, and I am not asking Trigg, he will probalably get us on on a E train

[My wife doesn't do pin yin so she can't post in the Chinese forum.

142444[/snapback]

People don't post pin yin in the Chinese forum. They post simplied Chinese.

Pinyin is the romanization of the Chinese "write sound." Romanization approximates Mandarin pronunciation with Western spellings and includes a tone mark to signify at what pitch to say a word. This provides a phonetic alphabet for Chinese, which otherwise would not have one.

142451[/snapback]

Correct, but many input methods used with Windows require one to enter the pinyin in order to call up the hanzi, so if you don't know the pinyin, it's sometimes difficult to write Chinese. I think this is what Trigg was referring to.

On the ESL question, I like the idea a lot, but I would want to make sure that we Americans don't get too heavy handed in critiquing the posts.

ÄãºÃ

Tony the programs I use to type Chinese use the windows soft keyboard. The one I use is MSPinYin98 but there are others that might not require more than the first letter to get the ÖÐ×Ó character list. Can you explain what the different input keyboards are for Chinese (simplified)£¿ My language choices are MSPinYin, NeiMa, QuanPin, ShuangPin, U.S. Keyboard and ZhengMa. Also before I could get a list of characters for the Pin Yin I type but now I only get one. How can I reset to get the list to select from? Is there a setup preferred for our SOs to use?

I appreciate any help you can give on this topic. Perhaps Fang Ling would find a different input easier to use. Trigg which do you currently have operating on her computer?

ÔÙ¼û

Welcome... and keep your mop handy!!