Awaiting interview

GUZ told me that my fiancee's P-3 was received there April 1st. From what I've been reading most people who had their P-3's in the system the first week of April have received their P-4's. Obviously we have not. I emailed GUZ for a status check and received a very polite, personal reply today (Saturday), stating that the interview is waiting to be scheduled. Supposedly nothing pending, etc. I realize this is an inexact science, but I am slightly, miffed?, that we haven't gotten ours as others in the same time frame have. I believe they are aware that I am in China, and have been the past 3 years, and at one point I mentioned to them that since we are at least together I will be patient. Well, I am running out of patience. Do I need to get more forceful?, or just continue to enjoy the cultural splendors of China (which, my friends, is on the wane). Any suggestions appreciated. Congrats to those who got what they were waiting for.

GUZ told me that my fiancee's P-3 was received there April 1st.  From what I've been reading most people who had their P-3's in the system the first week of April have received their P-4's.  Obviously we have not.  I emailed GUZ for a status check and received a very polite, personal reply today (Saturday), stating that the interview is waiting to be scheduled.  Supposedly nothing pending, etc.  I realize this is an inexact science, but I am slightly, miffed?, that we haven't gotten ours as others in the same time frame have.  I believe they are aware that I am in China, and have been the past 3 years, and at one point I mentioned to them that since we are at least together I will be patient.  Well, I am running out of patience.  Do I need to get more forceful?, or just continue to enjoy the cultural splendors of China (which, my friends, is on the wane). Any suggestions appreciated.  Congrats to those who got what they were waiting for.

141804[/snapback]

Just hang in there, you never know. Maybe monday morning will bring you a big suprise. Get angry? Naw.. wastes your time..

Just my thought.

:whistling:

It is rather insensitive of me to start whining at what is in reality a fairly short wait so far as compared to some. I believe it was the anticipation that got me going. Luckily it has cooled down slighty here in Shandong, and the sea, although packed with seaweed and jelly fish, is inviting.

I will concentrate on the fact that I have more time behind me then ahead in this "charming" country. I appreciate the words of encouragement and hope you will all get the golden ticket soon.

Pissed off would probably be an understatement. All the crap various people who work at the consulate told me about fairness and timelines is garbage. I can't even stomach reading about how people are getting their P4 only 9-10-11 months after filing. I can only imagine how others have felt after 13,14,15,16..months go by. Congratulations to those who have received their P4...I don't think I will be able to view this site anymore. It is too aggravating. Suicide or Homicide aren't viable options, but if I don't get my P4 by the time I have a break in my current project--September 16, I will take an extended leave of absence and put my house up...

Congratulations and welcome to Candle!!!

Pissed off would probably be an understatement. All the crap various people who work at the consulate told me about fairness and timelines is garbage. I can't even stomach reading about how people are getting their P4 only 9-10-11 months after filing. I can only imagine how others have felt after 13,14,15,16..months go by. Congratulations to those who have received their P4...I don't think I will be able to view this site anymore. It is too aggravating. Suicide or Homicide aren't viable options, but if I don't get my P4 by the time I have a break in my current project--September 16, I will take an extended leave of absence and put my house up...

142125[/snapback]

It's coming. ;)

142125[/snapback]

I understand how hard it is to see others Zip by Rob :( But hang on you are right on the Cusp and when it is over it will all be a distant memory ;)