Say hi too her for all of us here (a personal greeting is nicer than a post). I for one enjoy both of your posts and appreciate the comments. Too bad we don't have more SO participation. Aw heck you're goinChina not flyin. You'll probably forget us until the day to come back.

ENJOY!

Have a great time in Shanghai. I like to go there too, but my laopo said NO! Wait till September or October. The weather is too hot (mid to high 90's) and humidity is high too. I would melt there this time of the year. At least there will be minimal power blackouts in Shanghai. I heard there has been electrical power rationing in southern China like Guangzhou, Nanning and Guilin.

One would not know what energy conservation is, until one has travelled China in the middle of hottest summer days and middle of the coldest winter days.

Have a great time in Shanghai.  I like to go there too, but my laopo said NO!  Wait till September or October.  The weather is too hot (mid to high 90's) and humidity is high too.  I would melt there this time of the year.  At least there will be minimal power blackouts in Shanghai.  I heard there has been electrical power rationing in southern China like Guangzhou, Nanning and Guilin.

One would not know what energy conservation is, until one has travelled China in the middle of hottest summer days and middle of the coldest winter days.

133534[/snapback]

In the year I've lived here I have not seen an electrical blackout in Shanghai (better than what I've seen at my US residence!). It hit a 71 year record for the month of July two days ago- 39 degrees Cel. Because of the heat- the humidity dropped and it was no worse than a typical hot day in Sacramento, Ca. Lower humidity but HIGHER tempatures. acw

Hi Guys

I am leaving for Shanghai tomorrow to spend 10 days with my wife  :)

She is also the moderator on 001 so if I get any insights there I will post them.

So I will light some candles to the visa Gods and hope they keep smiling on all of us.

Good luck to all

133246[/snapback]

Hope you and Xiaoqin have a great time. Do spend time to take a boat cruise down the Huang Pu (sp) river. I proposed to my lovely Ning Ning in the Oriental Pearl Tower. I didn't plan it that way, but I did it in front of God and everyone else on the second level. I was taken by emotions. Almost one year later, she got her visa and we have been happily married ever since Feb 3rd of this year. Shanghai is a beautiful city with very warm friendly people. Everyone was very happy to take our pictures when we asked.

We got a really good price on a platinum/diamond engagement ring in one of the main jewelry stores on Nanjing road. Lots of things to do there. Be sure to go to Yuen road. Its like a open flea market road. Lots of good bargains.

Have fun. Enjoy...

jim and Ning Ning

Well here I am :)

Just arrived home with my princess :D Its great to be back in Shanghai, feels like coming home. The flight was great flew China Eastern and this time they did not lose my luggage. Its about 88 degrees with humidity at 90% OK now I am going to bed and catch up on sleep :)

See you all later better things to do right now ;)

Well here I am :D

Just arrived home with my princess  :D  Its great to be back in Shanghai, feels like coming home. The flight was great flew China Eastern and this time they did not lose my luggage. Its about 88 degrees with humidity at 90% OK now I am going to bed and catch up on sleep B)

See you all later better things to do right now ;)

133571[/snapback]

I will be with my "La poe" in Xian for 2 weeks in 14 days!!! I can not wait......

I will be with my "La poe" in Xian for 2 weeks in 14 days!!! I can not wait......

133631[/snapback]

Hi, very glad to hear you also married xianess. I am in Xi'an too. My husband is living in Fort,worth, but he cant be here untill the end of this year. Hopefully at that time I can get my interview appointment. Where are you living in the US? Hope we can meet in the US someday as I know there are not many Xi'aness with american hubands. Enjoy your day here.

Good luck with the visa!!

I wish I was going back to Shanghai with you!! :ph34r:

133247[/snapback]

WOW,

My wife is also Shanghai woman, her family has lived there several generations.... I loved it there and am anxious to return also, but she said do not come and suffer with the heat.... said it is much better in November.... but I hope she is here by that time, but based on the swift action on most applications it appears several more months..... :o

But, I am happy for you and your SO.... have a great time...