When in China

Well,

If the Kareoke in Chines wasn't enough, the following day a good friend of Jen's family took us out to lunch. First topic was still how I managed ti sing in Chinese. :greenblob: But I digress. The resurant as it seems serves chicken that is killed fresh for each meal. Sooo, I was sure I would be challenged. It was in a hot pot format so no biggie, but, I was offered a foot. :greenblob: And yes, it tasts like chicken. :greenblob: Biggest problem was figuring out what to do with it. In all, not bad, but I'm not going to make a habit out of it. :greenblob:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a resturant that has donkey on the menu.

It is near the Sun Yat Sen memorial hall.

I actually ate donkey once when I lived in China. Not bad, really more tender than horse. <_<

As for feet, I am kind of partial to glazed goose webs. ;)

The donkey I ate was on Bonaire disguised as a hamberger. :redblob:

I explained to Jen's family how in America many people only get chicken from the supremarket and is already packaged. Many Americans would have a real problem with it. :P As my time here continues, I'm less worried about the visa. If this all falls apart, I will have no problems living here. I feel so at home with the people and the culture, and of course being with Jen means everything to me. :redblob: :ph34r:

HEY, don't tell Trigg about the donkeys!:rolleyes:

He might ask them to bring a live one to t he table!!  :P  :o

heh heh heh

Ahhh, now there is a man with a plan. Donkeys are OK but they remind me too much of my ex wife--Noisy and stubborn as a mule. Oooooooooo I thimk i made a pun!?!?!?

I have a very good recipe to make chikcen feet soup, and had forced my husband to try that last year. 'Not bad' was his comments, but he still wouldnot touch the feet. I was inspired to make that soup when I was watching a HK TV drama. The soup is really good and I plan to post the recipe someday in the Chinese Forum.