Here's a new one. I hope someone has some experience with this.

My wife has received a letter from GZ, telling her to return. I think it is receive her visa. She is not sure. Does anyone have any experience with this? Received the "blue slip", then be sent a letter telling them to return. Is this a good sign that she will receive her visa? The letter only told her to make sure she brings the passports. Did not tell her to bring anything else.

Sounds to me like very good news.

Why else would they ask for the passports?

They have gathered the evidence, she did the interview and now they appear to be done with more time which I am guessing was further investigations.

Our fingers and toes are crossed. We are also pulling for you.

Good Luck.

Mike and Lisa

My student received this same letter today. After his interview for his student visa in GZ, he was told they were sending his application to D.C. for a background check. 20 days later, a response, after they told him it would be 1 or 2 months. After calling the GZ pay phone they confirmed it was to pick up his and his wifes visa. So good luck Mike. Keep us updated.

My wife has received a letter from GZ, telling her to return.  I think it is receive her visa.  She is not sure.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Received the "blue slip", then be sent a letter telling them to return.  Is this a good sign that she will receive her visa?  The letter only told her to make sure she brings the passports.  Did not tell her to bring anything else.

Yes that is a wonderful sign.

My laopuo had gone for her interview on a Friday and told to return Monday for her visa only to be given a notice that we were not receiving our visa and that our case was being sent back to the U.S.

Two weeks later laopuo received the same letter from GZ that your wife received asking her to return with her passport to the consulate. The letter did not mention to bring any of the other listed items on the letter, just bring her passport.

I called my attorney and asked him what this meant and he told me they would be giving her the visa. He said that as screwed up as they are at times that they would not jerk someone around by asking them to return for no reason. That the officers are aware of the difficulty for many individuals to travel back to GZ.

When laopuo returned to GZ a lady at the window was confused and spoke with a couple other people. Finally the lady asked laopuo to leave her passport and return the next day. We thought for sure they would be giving her visa the next day…..but we should have known better. When she returned the next day as instructed they told her she had to be interviewed again and to please return the next day, and then they gave her passport back to her.

When she returned the next day she was interviewed by the same officer that interviewed her originally. He then issued her the visa.

You should have good results when she returns B)

Good luck :greenblob: