National Get Together

Ok, many of us have our SO here with us. Some of us, will have them soon. The Portland group seems to have their act together. Now, speaking on a National level, can we all come together? I live in Virginia. But... if we could find anyone to get things rolling, a get together in 2006, could be done. My God, when I think of it, it could be huge. Far enough in the future, that many could attend. Being from the Midwest, I would recommend, Missouri. Kansas City comes to mind. Has Worlds of Fun. But St. Louis is good too.

I have posted this before. Something somewhat centrally located, would be the best. A gathering place would be needed. A large park would be great. I think we just need someone to step forward, and to look into what it would take. If you want to come to Virginia, I will do it. Our family is large enough, that we could have a great time. And given time, we could spread this out to all corners of the country. Maybe even make it annual or bi-annual. Anyone interested? Let's go!!!!!!!!

The CFL board is great, has given me so much information and inspiration, but we could also put together a newsletter.

We have started this before. Vegas was the hands down winner. Cheap airfare and good hotel deals. Bing and I would love to come. We can't swing it this year though. 2006 sounds good to me.

Location is everything. Central location is okay, but there is something about a big tourist attraction. The high volume of travel to and from Vegas should bring fares low enough we can get a high turn out.

I have a friend who spends half the year in Mass. around Cape Cod and the other half living in Vegas. This year he is also marrying a very nice Chinese lady. If I am not mistaken, she is my SO's best friend. I am game to help put this shindig together if we decide Vegas is the place.

We just spent 4 nights in Vegas at the Stratosphere Hotel for about $38 a night (Mon thru Thurs). As for cookouts, there are plenty of public campgrounds with picnic tables and grills. There is also a large Asian market in town. We should plan for a winter get together though when the temp is bearable and some of you northerners could thaw out a little!

Count us in!