My interview experience

We are back!!

Since Feb 13 we have not been online. We have been apart from each other a very long time, and since Feb 13, we start our new life and really enjoy the time so much! Ken suggest I should write something to everybody and this is some information I feel and see from interview. I donot write too much, because a lot of information and detail you can get from this website, and it really gave us a lot of help. We did much to prepare for the interview.

Feb 6 night 7 clock we arrive Mr Xie’s family hotel that was recommended by CFL. He is a very good man. The first night, Mr Xie talk to us about some interview things. He had much experience to talk to many people about many interview, and he can help you too if you need it.

We did not sleep well that night! We were both too tall for the bed, and nervous for interview! Guangzhou is very noisy at night. (Every night you can hear the police sirens)! 6:15 AM we get up! What I wear are comfortable but nice clothes…Kenny calls it business casual. I wear a white blouse, with black skirt. We go to have some breakfast….Guangzhou have 7-11. When we come to the embassy, it is 7AM, and many person already wait there, maybe over 150. Kenny said I did not look nervous, and I think I am not too nervous either! We almost 30 minutes waiting, then they let us in to the embassy. Kenny canot come with me together, so I just donot worry about anything, just only think about everything I learn from CFL. I almost close my eyes and know how to do everything! When I come to the first floor. Kenny suddenly call me. I saw he come up the stairs, and he was go to the cafe in the 4 floor wait me. When I come to the interview place, it is like everybody said…it is like a bank. I find a seat to sit. Than every body is waiting. waiting. waiting. It is make me very nervous. I donot know what I should do. If I am not remember wrong, the windows total is #16 to #31. They start interviews. They will call your name and give your number. You need listen clearly. . Some person maybe will wait long time. And when you get the number it is very important….just keep it with you. Than wait again. They will use two windows to let person finger print. It is long time again. I first see the VO in #22 window. He start work, and his first interview is very fast. Than I see another VO come to the windows and starting work, then another, and another, etc.

When they interview, some interviews are very fast, others take 30 minutes. I don’t think it matters if your VO is black, white, man, woman, Chinese….they all seem to interview some people fast, and other people a long time.

I look at my self. I feel my legs shake up and down very nervously. I stop it. I knew it is nerves. I was prepared for being nervous. Ken told me it is normal and common to get nervous, and not worry about it. My ear is listen to they call the number. And eyes keep looking at the windows to watch the person who has interview. And hope can come to the #22 windows, because the VO seemed very nice and happy.

Then it’s me ” Number ****, #21 windows”

Oh, my god. I knew it was the lady that every one believes is ‘the pearl’. I am glad Kenny told me to forget about who the VO is, again, not to worry if it is man, woman, black, white, etc. Anyway, at that time I could not think about many things. I just hope everything is finished fast! Noever she give me blue or red slip, I just want finish it! Fast!

When I come to the windows. I try to smile to she. But nerves still bother me. “Good morning, sir”, I look at she! She give me the feeling she is very very very serious. And very professional. “Madam!!!” She says to me. And her eyes look up at me when she says that one word. Then her eyes go back to our file in front of her. “Oh. Sorry. Madam! I am a little nervous.” While she looks at our file, I get out our papers. Ken told me put some pics of us and his visa on the counter where the VO can see it. So I did it!

I try to look at she. And I start feel a little bit more confident. I see she look the paperwork very clearly and take a little time to look it. She finds the relationship letter Kenny and I write when we sent the I-129F. It is a very very detailed letter. It is detailed about how we meet, what we feel about eachother and why we want to marry. In the letter I wrote that when Ken came to Shanghai, he meet my parents and friend.

Than she ask “ Where did you meet?”

“oh. We meet online. ******** .com”

After a little while, she ask me. Can you give me your visa?

“Yes here it is”. Ken’s visa and mines were already on the counter, and I give she mine.

Than I saw she put the visa to last page. And put a stamp on the last page!

I think. What is that means? I am pass? he he he ……

(I should warn you and your SO's about one thing: when you see the VO stamp her visa, it does not mean 'approved'. It just means 'application recieved on xx/xx/xxxx'. People with red slips and blue slips all get the same red stamp in their visa. Dont get excited when you see the VO put that stamp in her visa....).

Then she says “*********** parents?” I did not hear what she said. I told her “Sorry. I did not hear you, can you repeat it again?”

She repeat her question, but I still canot understand the sound through the window speaker, and she speak very quickly. But I think is some question about my parents.

I ask. “Do you means. Did Kenny meet my parents?”

“Yes” she look at me.

“Yes, 2 times, and this is our pictures, would you like to see them?”. And I am very quickly to find the pics . “Yes” she said.

”This is his first trip at my parents home and that pic is second trip, we at restaurant.” By the way. I glued 2 to 4 pics on standard A4 paper, and write some things about the pics, like where we are, when it is, etc. So she can very easy to know about them.

Than she finish looking and return my pics. And open her drawer.find a red paper, and look at me. “Your application is approved!” :offtopic:

My god. When I heard this word, I donot know how to explain it. I can feel it is from my heart to say thank you to her! “Thank you very much ,Madam!” Than I take my papers, and I just want run away from the embassy!

I say again, “Thank you very much again , madam”.

And she look at me and give me a smile!

Than I left the windows. And forget go to post office. And forget the way I should go to to leave the 5 floor. My mind is blank and I just want look for Kenny! When I find he, I knew I almost cry and when I see he, I knew he was more nervous than me.

When he saw me looking for he, he tries to call me, but his mind is blank too, and almost forget that he calls me “Bu bu” he says . “ B…..b…..Hi , Hi. Hey!” I see him and we have a big hug !

Interview is finished. But it is a memory in our mind! In our life! :Dah:

I hope this has been helpful. And Kenny will post the letter we sent to USCIS. We both feel this letter was one of the most important things!

And thank you CFL for all of your help and support for us! :bangin:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :Dah: :D :ok: :offtopic: :D :cheering: :bangin:

THANKS FOR THE NICE REPORT ABOUT THE INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for the future.

Rick and Yanlan

still waiting............................

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)

Congraulations again Jie, and thank you so much for the interview report. Loving Candle and I just got our NOA2 so now we are looking forward to the P3.

How do you like Denver and the so-many-rooms house?

-James

We are back!!

Since Feb 13 we have not been online. We have been apart from each other a very long time, and since Feb 13, we start our new life and really enjoy the time so much! Ken suggest I should write something to everybody and this is some information I feel and see from interview. I donot write too much, because a lot of information and detail you can get from this website, and it really gave us a lot of help. We did much to prepare for the interview.

Feb 6 night 7 clock we arrive Mr Xie’s family hotel that was recommended by CFL. He is a very good man. The first night, Mr Xie talk to us about some interview things. He had much experience to talk to many people about many interview, and he can help you too if you need it.

We did not sleep well that night! We were both too tall for the bed, and nervous for interview!  Guangzhou is very noisy at night. (Every night you can hear the police sirens)! 6:15 AM we get up! What I wear are comfortable but nice clothes…Kenny calls it business casual. I wear a white blouse, with black skirt. We go to have some breakfast….Guangzhou have 7-11. When we come to the embassy, it is 7AM, and many person already wait there, maybe over 150.  Kenny said I did not look nervous, and I think I am not too nervous either! We almost 30 minutes waiting, then they let us in to the embassy. Kenny canot come with me together, so I just donot worry about anything, just only think about everything I learn from CFL. I almost close my eyes and know how to do everything! When I come to the first floor. Kenny suddenly call me. I saw he come up the stairs, and he was go to the cafe in the 4 floor wait me. When I come to the interview place, it is like everybody said…it is like a bank. I find a seat to sit. Than every body is waiting. waiting. waiting. It is make me very nervous. I donot know what I should do. If I am not remember wrong, the windows total is #16 to #31. They start interviews. They will call your name and give your number. You need listen clearly. . Some person maybe will wait long time.  And when you get the number it is very important….just keep it with you. Than wait again. They will use two windows to let person finger print. It is long time again. I first see the VO in #22 window. He start work,  and his first interview is very fast. Than I see another VO come to the windows and starting work, then another, and another, etc.

When they interview, some interviews are very fast, others take 30 minutes. I don’t think it matters if your VO is black, white, man, woman, Chinese….they all seem to interview some people fast, and other people a long time. 

I look at my self. I feel my legs shake up and down very nervously. I stop it. I knew it is nerves.  I was prepared for being nervous. Ken told me it is normal and common to get nervous, and not worry about it. My ear is listen to they call the number. And eyes keep looking at the windows to watch the person who has interview. And hope can come to the #22 windows, because the VO seemed very nice and happy.

Then it’s me  ” Number ****,  #21 windows”

Oh, my god. I knew it was the lady that every one believes is ‘the pearl’. I am glad Kenny told me to forget about who the VO is, again, not to worry if it is man, woman, black, white, etc. Anyway, at that time I could not think about many things. I just hope everything is finished fast! Noever she give me blue or red slip, I just want finish it! Fast!

When I come to the windows. I try to smile to she. But nerves still bother me. “Good morning, sir”, I look at she!  She give me the feeling she is very very very serious. And very professional.  “Madam!!!” She says to me. And her eyes look up at me when she says that one word. Then her eyes go back to our file in front of her. “Oh. Sorry. Madam! I am a little nervous.” While she looks at our file, I get out our papers. Ken told me put some pics of us and his visa on the counter where the VO can see it. So I did it!

I try to look at she. And I start feel a little bit more confident. I see she look the paperwork very clearly and take a little time to look it. She finds the relationship letter Kenny and I write when we sent the I-129F. It is a very very detailed letter. It is detailed about how we meet, what we feel about eachother and why we want to marry. In the letter I wrote that when Ken came to Shanghai, he meet my parents and friend.

Than she ask “ Where did you meet?”

“oh. We meet online. ******** .com”

After a little while, she ask me. Can you give me your visa?

“Yes here it is”. Ken’s visa and mines were already on the counter, and I give she mine.

Than I saw she put the visa to last page. And put a stamp on the last page!

I think. What is that means? I am pass?    he he he ……

(I should warn you and your SO's about one thing: when you see the VO stamp her visa, it does not mean 'approved'. It just means 'application recieved on xx/xx/xxxx'. People with red slips and blue slips all get the same red stamp in their visa. Dont get excited when you see the VO put that stamp in her visa....).

Then she says “*********** parents?” I did not hear what she said. I told her “Sorry. I did not hear you, can you repeat it again?”

She repeat her question, but I still canot understand the sound through the window speaker, and she speak very quickly. But I think is some question about my parents.

I ask. “Do you means. Did Kenny meet my parents?”

“Yes” she look at me.

“Yes, 2 times, and this is our pictures, would you like to see them?”. And I am very quickly to find the pics . “Yes” she said.

”This is his first trip at my parents home and that pic is second trip, we at restaurant.” By the way. I glued 2 to 4 pics on standard A4 paper, and write some things about the pics, like where we are, when it is, etc. So she can very easy to know about them. 

Than she finish looking and return my pics. And open her drawer.find a red paper, and look at me. “Your application is approved!” :lol:

My god. When I heard this word, I donot know how to explain it. I can feel it is from my heart to say thank you to her! “Thank you very much ,Madam!” Than I take my papers, and I just want run away from the embassy!

I say again, “Thank you very much again , madam”.

And she look at me and give me a smile!

Than I left the windows. And forget go to post office. And forget the way I should go to to leave the 5 floor. My mind is blank and I just want look for Kenny! When I find he, I knew I almost cry and when I see he, I knew he was more nervous than me.

When he saw me looking for he, he tries to call me, but his mind is blank too, and almost forget that he calls me “Bu bu” he says . “ B…..b…..Hi , Hi. Hey!” I see him and we have a big hug ! 

Interview is finished. But it is a memory in our mind! In our life! :lol:

I hope this has been helpful. And Kenny will post the letter we sent to USCIS. We both feel this letter was one of the most important things!

And thank you CFL for all of your help and support for us!  :lol:

194751[/snapback]

awww, i almost cried at the end =)