DCF Sydney Update!!!

Some of you may have read the other thread I started about "DCF Sydney - Refused" and how they doubted our relationship.

---quick recap---

We got a Section 221g form that said we are waiting for "administrative processing". The interview went terrible, and the consulate said he did not believe in our relationship.

The day after we had our interview, I had my mother, brother, and 2 friends send testimonies. These were all very good testimonies from people who knew us both very well and had much to say, all from different perspectives. One of my friends even notarized his before faxing it.

We also gathered a testimony from a classmate of my wife's who testified that their University exchange program is legitimate (between Norway and Australia) and that they both passed an opportunity to study in the US, and chose Australia instead. This was meant to show that she was not aggressively pursuing residence in the US, since she could have studied there easily. We also had a testimony from a landlord that testified that we live together, sleep in the same bed, kiss, shower together, and other displays of affection.

We added personal statements from ourselves and a timeline of the relationship. We also included more official evidence of her university acceptance letters and exchange program showing that there were no ulterior motives for coming here. We included fertility charts that we've been filling out for my wife. And phone logs as well.

The first 4 testimonies were faxed in from the sources. And the rest of them were included in a package that we mailed yesterday afternoon (next day expresspost).

---recap over----

TODAY, at around 3 PM, i received a call on my brand new mobile phone. This is a new number and there are only 2 people in the whole world who know my number. One is my wife, and she was with me at the time. The other is the American consulate (since I included the new mobile number in the package I sent yesterday). Immediately, i was thinking "no way!"

I picked it up and it was the American consulate. They are ready to issue the visa and wanted to see if i could come into the office tomorrow morning to bring the passport! I told them we were in tweed heads and had to mail it. THey said that's fine and that they already have a return expresspost envelope that I gave them last time at the interview!

This is exactly 1 WEEK after our interview, almost to the hour! We left the consulate last tuesday around 2 PM!

Of course i am trying not to completely rejoice until the visa is in our hand, but my wife and I are overjoyed. She is in class right now, and i'm waiting for her in the lab. She's going to leave class early so we can go have ourselves a nice meal and some drinks and celebrate!

Thanks again so much for all of the support. CFL has to be one of the greatest communities in the world. It has been quite a journey. Let me know if you have any questions about the DCF 3rd country filing that we did, and of course, I will update when we actually have the visa IN HAND!

That is absolutely WONDERFUL! Best ending to a VERY sad story that I've ever heard! I knew that guy was a JERK!

CONGRATULATIONS!

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/unknown/sunshine.gifhttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/unknown/sunshine.gifhttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/unknown/sunshine.gifhttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/unknown/sunshine.gif

So sorry you had to go through this in the first place!

Guest ShaQuaNew

:greenblob::greenblob::PCONGRATULATIONS! :draw::greenblob::greenblob:

It's very sad that they put you through the anxiety test. There is just far too much of that going on....

Yet another affirmation that good record keeping and a heart to win can overcome........

TODAY, at around 3 PM, i received a call on my brand new mobile phone. This is a new number and there are only 2 people in the whole world who know my number. One is my wife, and she was with me at the time. The other is the American consulate (since I included the new mobile number in the package I sent yesterday). Immediately, i was thinking "no way!"

I picked it up and it was the American consulate. They are ready to issue the visa and wanted to see if i could come into the office tomorrow morning to bring the passport! I told them we were in tweed heads and had to mail it. THey said that's fine and that they already have a return expresspost envelope that I gave them last time at the interview!

This is exactly 1 WEEK after our interview, almost to the hour! We left the consulate last tuesday around 2 PM!

Of course i am trying not to completely rejoice until the visa is in our hand, but my wife and I are overjoyed. She is in class right now, and i'm waiting for her in the lab. She's going to leave class early so we can go have ourselves a nice meal and some drinks and celebrate!

Thanks again so much for all of the support. CFL has to be one of the greatest communities in the world. It has been quite a journey. Let me know if you have any questions about the DCF 3rd country filing that we did, and of course, I will update when we actually have the visa IN HAND!

Fantastic news....... way to hang in there and not accept the "crap" you were dished........

Congratulations and keep us posted on the saga!!

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)

That is indeed great news. I have been following your saga since it was such an interesting case. I wonder just what it was that tipped the scales back your way. I had the impression that perhaps the VO didn't like the idea of you circumventing the process in GZ. Regardless I am sure you could care less as long as you have the visa. Congratulations.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)