The Large NoteBooks

Ok, here we go again :(

I know that many of you have already gone through the P4 & interview process before me. Therefore, knowing that I ahve read all kinds of stories of those having Huge 3 Ring Binder Notebooks, is there a special & exclusive order that everything should be arranged?

If So, Exactly just how is it be arranged, from beginning to end?

I have the Tabs already to put into place, I am just not sure as to the madness of the Orginization of it. (i never was good at this sort of thing, heance an accountant:P )

Thanks

So far I have given my fiancee 3 notebooks (1 1/2" kind)

The first notebook is green and has all financial documents. Complete tax records for the past 3 years, complete bank statements for the past year, credit card statements, house purchase information, stock and 401K information. Anything related to money, I told her to check the green notebook

The second, a blue one, has all the papers related to the visa process, copies of all that was filed, copy of passport, receipts from trips, etc.

The third, a red one, is for our relationship. It has emails printed out for each month (I print out about 50 pages for each month), phone logs, reciepts for things I have sent to her, and of course photos. So far we have about 200 photos from our times together.

Since we are still many months from our interiview, I am gathering these same documents each month and mailing them to her.

I have a 4th notebook, which contains all originals of birthcertificates, documents sent etc

In total she will have at least 4 notebooks, and possible more.

My feeling is that my SO should have everything possible with her at the interview. Even though I will be there at the consulate, I doubt the VO would let her leave the interview room to get something from me. More than likely it would be a blue slip.

I prepared what I thought was a perfect "interview book" in a 4" ring binder. Everything and anything that a VO could possibly ask for, completely indexed.

I showed it to my SO and immediately got a "No good" response.

WHAT!!!!! WHY NOT?

1. Because there is a glass separating the VO from the applicant with a trough to pass thru paperwork, similar to the teller windows at many U.S. banks. Something rigid like a 1" or larger ring binder will not pass thru.

2. There is only about 5 minutes allotted for each interview. It would take to much time for my SO to find and remove the specific document from the large binder.

Dang, I hate it when she's right (which is 99% of the time).

We have decided to use 9 opaque plastic envelopes. ( NINE!!!!! Well, I did say EVERYTHING and anything that a VO could possibly ask for!).

Each is color coded, labeled, and flexible enough to pass thru the window. Envelope contents:

#1 FORMS: All 797's (originals), Copy of original 129 package, all forms.

#2 SO's Doc’s Translated and notarized Chinese birth, marriage and police docs.

#3 My certified divorce papers from prior marriage.

#4 I-134, tax returns 2002-2004, letters from bank, bank statements 1/2004 to present, ING direct and Emigrant direct statements. Certified company ownership doc's, Certified company profit/loss statement, Certified statement of assets, Real estate purchase documents.

#5 Phone records, letters, Emails, Yahoo Chat, MSN Chat.

#6 Wedding pictures

#7 Pictures with family and friends

#8 All boarding passes and receipts from prior visits.

#9 Video tape of conversation between SO and myself

My "Certified" documents are Notarized, verified by the county recorder/clerk. and Certified by the California secretary of state.

Guys, I have to tell ya..... If I don't have enough documentation then I don't know what it takes!

Oh yeah, I'll remove my SO's kitchen sink the day before the interview. Whew, almost forgot that one. Do you think we should take the faucet?

Definitely the faucet and the hot water valve to prove you can provide hot water with a statement from your plumber. This will satisfy U.S. housing laws and if the plumber's bill is marked paid you prove you can support a wife.

Seriously the list looks good. The only thing we added was letters from people that observed us together as a couple in China.

Oh yeah, I'll remove my SO's kitchen sink the day before the interview. Whew, almost forgot that one. Do you think we should take the faucet?

Take the faucet.. You know if you forget one thing, that is what they will ask for. Someone named Murphy guarantees it !! LMAO.....:) B) :rolleyes: ;)

Nice post. We used a clear expandable binder. It served two purposes. One, it got her through the security check with little examination. Everything brought in should be in something clear or they might stop the applicant for extra examination. Two, it was indexed, so when they asked for something she was able to go right to the section, pull it out and give it to the VO.

We utilized a three ring binder with dividers that would actually hold the documents in a pocket so that we would not have to punch the documents. For photos we utilized a photo album with the clear pages so if the Consulate wanted to examine the pic, they could closely examine the pic with ease.

We utilized a three ring binder with dividers that would actually hold the documents in a pocket so that we would not have to punch the documents.  For photos we utilized a photo album with the clear pages so if the Consulate wanted to examine the pic, they could closely examine the pic with ease.

Exactly what Jingwen did. Although the VO didn't really ask for anything, it would have been easy to simply pull the document from the pocket and slide it through the interview window.