Return to the US

My fiancee had her interview on April 6th in GZ. The next day she picked up her K-1 visa along with the K-2 for her daughter. I already posted the questions. Just a few reminders. When your fiancee goes for the interview she cannot bring a leather handbag. Clear plastic or paper bags, like a gift bag are OK. The next day to pick up the visa, they just wait outside for their names to be called and go to the window. I was not allowed to accompany her any day.

We arrived back to the USA in Minneapolis. I accompanied her to the immigration office. We had to wait about an hour. They took her sealed envelope and did not return it to her. She was told the consequences that if she "did not marry in 90 days, then off you go." She made it here. One of our bags did not and of course we missed the flight due to immigration delays. It then became a Planes, Trains and Automobile movie repeat. There were tornados in Memphis where we were supposed to now be sent, so they again changed our flight. After around a 10 hour delay we are home. I met many Americans accompanying there fiancees at the Consulate. All passed. Good luck to all those attending in the near future. It has been an exhausting trip for all of us and we just want to rest a while.

Somehow I get a morbid sense of Irony. After all, why shouldn't a long hard journey end with a long hard journey.  Rest up, now life gets REAL interesting for you.

Welcome to our world!!!!!!

Congradulations and welcome home! :redblob: :huh: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :angry:

I guess you will certainly have one heck of a story about that first experience here back home. :P Boy, I'm glad for once to be on the left coast, now I'll have to make double sure to find a non stop flight. :lol: