Adjusting to America

For rice cookers around here I think Fry's Electronics has the best prices. $20 to $50 for the regular ones.

I'm not sure a rice cooker is a problem. She is from the north and from what I saw there they eat little rice. Also I'm trying to slim down a little and watch my health so I don't eat my 2 cups a meal anymore either.

Actually I am very curious to see what she considers necessities. She keeps saying cleaning things are important and that she doesn't expect a man to know what to get.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVER, think you are giving her a better life. America is the greatest country in the world-if your an American. China is the greatest-if your Chinese.

Yes, I think that Jenny would prefer that I live there. In many ways her life in China is better than I can give her. She owns her (nice) own home outright, can spend seemingly unlimited amounts shopping and doesn't have to work. She has a large Carefour nearby (the model on which Walmart was based) and a nice modern city with many conveniences. But she's willing to cross an ocean for love. Sometimes I am in awe of that. Not sure if I could do it myself.

Roger where did you get the nifty rice cooker?  I haven't had one since I went on my own.  I do most of my cooking in a wok or pressure cooker.  The microwave gets almost no use. It would be cool to have the rice cooker you describe. What is the brand?  On second thought I wonder if i'd be risking a slap for thinking she doesn't know how to make rice.

Dan I researched it thoroughly and bought a Sanyo micro computerized rice cooker/warmer. There is a 5.5 or 10 cup version. The downside is it cost $170 USD not RMB. And although everything I read led me to believe it will do everything but cook a sheep I have not used it yet. I'm saving a pile of stuff for the little woman so it will all be new.

I had forgotten about the plastic pails... ;) Yeah my SO has a bunch in her bathroom also. I can wait until she is here to pick those out. I might not understand the sizing requirements or color coordination.

It will cook a sheep, my SO has a bunch in her bathroom . I can wait until she is here to pick those out. I might not understand the sizing requirements.

HUH????

Wait a gosh darn minute here. You've taken my post and mixed it all up.Shame, shame on you. I hope wifey makes you pay tonight for your fooling with the sacred words of my post... ;) :D

3 cheers for Trigg...whomp, whomp, whomp... ;) :lol: :lol:

It will cook a sheep, my SO has a bunch in her bathroom . I can wait until she is here to pick those out. I might not understand the sizing requirements.

HUH????

Tooo funny. Want to see Roger explain this to his wife :V:

Har Har Har

OK I can take it

Since I'm as old as Trigg I've already been a fool so many times in my life that a few more can't make any difference... :V: :lol:

I had forgotten about the plastic pails... :P  Yeah my SO has a bunch in her bathroom also. I can wait until she is here to pick those out. I might not understand the sizing requirements or color coordination.

The thoughts of a wise man indeed!!

You have learned well or are innately woooooooman wise a very good and lucky trait.

Us lesser men have had to hobble along witrh the... "Now , what would my wife do?" as a simple but not always effect aid.

Picture this. a skimpy red dress, high heels, blonde or brunette as you preferr and .. you know's out to here, who stops to say,... "Hi handsome, I'm new in town and have a few hours to kill at the Plaza..."

You of course relay on your aid.. and start mop slapping your self while looking at your feet, mutter "yes dear, no dear and I wasn't looking.. honest!!"

In the words of that southern gentleman of charm and wisdom.. "It don't get no better than this!" awww

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

Roger I was just looking at them on line. They just say it comes with a multilanguage instruction manual. Was the display in different languages too? I'm surprised that Sanyo would be in Chinese rather than Japanese. It certainly is fancy. looks like you can make about anything that slow cooks or steams.

Roger I was just looking at them on line.  They just say it comes with a multilanguage instruction manual. Was the display in different languages too? I'm surprised that Sanyo would be in Chinese rather than Japanese. It certainly is fancy. looks like you can make about anything that slow cooks or steams.

Well Dan I am not Mr. Language Person but it appears to me that the manual is in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean. The buttons and readouts are only in English but of course those are translated in the manual.

Roger I was just looking at them on line.  They just say it comes with a multilanguage instruction manual. Was the display in different languages too? I'm surprised that Sanyo would be in Chinese rather than Japanese. It certainly is fancy. looks like you can make about anything that slow cooks or steams.

Well Dan I am not Mr. Language Person but it appears to me that the manual is in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean. The buttons and readouts are only in English but of course those are translated in the manual.

Thanks Roger.