Where do I wait while SO is in the interview!

My SO has her interview next week. Is the Blenz the place to wait. She will have my passport so I understand I cannot go into the Consulate. Do they have computers at this place. Where is it in relation to the Consulate?

Thanks for any advice. I am leaving Saturday for GZ.

I did not leave the waiting area out front in fear that she would come out and need something, and she did. Besides coming out at about 10:00 being told to come back at 1:00 :D We did go to the Blenz during the break it was warm inside and only 100 rmb for 1 Latte, 1 small warm milk and 2 hot chocolate :greenblob: The blenz is straight down from the consulate about 3 blocks on the left

I waited at Blenz while ShuPing was inside. I would recommend that you take her there before the interview so she knows where you'll be. It's not that far, so if she needs something, she can find you right away.

It can be a little on the expensive side for China, but the internet is free and it gives you something to do while you're waiting.

I'm sitting in Blenz right now while my fiance is having his afternoon interview.

It's raining so it's not really good to wait outside.... it's just about a 4 min walk from the consulate.

The food is terrible, didn't try the coffee. There are 3 computers with pretty fast (for China) internet access for free. I also found 1 English magazine (about fashion) and 1 Chinglish magazine (about video games).

My fiance and I were the first in line for the afternoon interviews- got there at 11:30. I was quite upset that they didn't the doors until almost 1:30 and it's raining out.

Anyways... I'll post results soon I hope.

The way it seems to work now is they all go in at about 8 or so, do the paperwork hand in then come out at about 10 or so. So Blenz is a good place to hang out, comfy chairs, computers, fair coffee and western toilets (this is an important one). I'd have a coffee then about 9:30 or so go back to the consulate where they lined up and wait for her to come out.

Same routine in the afternoon, the interviews are then, lining up at 1, but I don't think they actually start interviews until one-thirty or two as after Nicole went in I was walking back to Lucy's and saw the VO's walking back to the consualte from Lucy's.

Headed back down to the consulate line up area about 2:30 or 3, to wait for the wife. She was almost last one done at about 4. Folks started coming out at about 2:30.

The island's a real nice area, lot of historic old buildings, very calm place to walk around. Just let her know where Blenz is, or where you'll be at and set a meeting place and arrangements.

Bob

I recommend waiting at Blenz. You will have a few hours to kill, your SO can find you there if she needs something she forgot and the coffee and internet is good. NOTE: the coffee creamer is some kind of wierd non dairy creamer - watch out for it!! Also the restrooms are grade A but as is typical in China, bring your own TP!!!!!! :D :D :lol:

It is all part of your training. you will wait outside in the hot sun while she is inside gettin her visa.

This is done to prepare you for life with her in the US. She will shop while you wait outside for her to find the perfect ear of corn. You see how well it all goes together?? GZ is our friend!