Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to the whole application thing to the US. Does anyone have any suggestion to fasten the finance immigration application? Is it necessary to just sit around and wait for a whole year? You can email me at <snip>. Best wishes to all.

--------------------------------------------------

Just use the email button below.

Tony (moderator)

Hey ZR - welcome to the board! Too bad you guys didn't do DCF, as you know we didn't have any probs. But it shouldn't be too long anyway in a best case scenario.

Say hi to everyone at CCTV for me. We're off tomorrow. Hope to see you in the US!

Jenny

First welcome to the waiting room where life beautiful all the time. Well at least we try to help each other along the way and listen to each others venting. Really CFL has helped me wait although I hope time is getting close.

Yes Jenny says no problem. She didn't realize waiting room was a figurative term and took it literally. You might say she sent Jack in with unfair evidence of a relationship (pictures of a pregnant wife). I wonder if she sent an ultra sound picture of the twins. I would have to go over again soon to try the same trick, but no trips now til she gets here. :(

Anyway welcome to the group.

Welcome to the chamber of secrets where perception and reality are never in sync. By falling for a Chinese woman (I presume), you have fallen victim to what is usually the slowest of the slow for visa processing. Prepare to wait and prepare to get to know your fiancee well before the visa is issued.

It is an unfortunate fact that fiancee visas for Chinese citizens can take a year of so to process. It is also unfortunate that Chinese citizens may not be able to travel freely to countries where even non residents can get married and get a visa to come to the US within a month (non resident DCF countries like Gibraltar, I think). It is an unfortunate fact that the consulate in GZ is overwhelmed with processing. It is an unfortunate fact that one small mistake can cost you months in the process. It is an unfortunate fact that our Department of State has its own priorities that don't include fiancee visa.

But............

It is fortunate that you met a Chinese woman who will probably change your life for the better. It is fortunate that you will experience things that very few people in the US or the world for that matter, will ever experience. It is fortunate that love knows now boundaries. It is fortunate that a commitment to a year long process will usually strengthen the bonds between you and your fiancee. It is fortunate that you visited her in China, a country of wonderful contrasts of old and new and of people who are just as awed at seeing you as you are of seeing them. It is fortunate that love conquers all.

Welcome to CFL. Pull up a chair and stay a spell. Pretty soon, you'll be an old timer and can share your experiences with the newbies.

PS. I'm curious about the significance of the CCTV9 in your e-mail address?

welcome to CFL...nai xin...nai xin = patience

Cheetos...the only answer. There is something in them that prepares you for the MOP!

Just make sure that you spell better than Trigg and - if in doubt, ASK...most likely someone here has already experienced your question and a handful of old timers can come to the rescue.

Patient Phil & Wonderful Yun

Actually joray is the Chinese girl. We were colleagues at CCTV 9 and discussed their immigration options before her fiance returned to the US. I tried to plug DCF... but to each his own :rolleyes:

And what do you mean unfair evidence Dan??? That was rather cheating, I guess, to get preggers. Yes, of course I sent ultrasound pics too :greenblob:

Chinese citizens may not be able to travel freely to countries where even non residents can get married and get a visa to come to the US within a month (non resident DCF countries like Gibraltar, I think).

I'm Ryan, Jo Ray's (Zhou Rui) fiancee. Does Frank or anyone else know more about using a third country to get a K-3 visa?

It sounds like if she could get into a certain "third country" where DCF is allowed, we could get married there, apply for a K-3 at the consulate, interview, and come back to the States all in a short time. Or if a consultate in some country is in the habit of issuing tourist visa, even better.

Has anyone tried this? Has it worked? Am I dreaming?

:greenblob:

I forsee that if a K-3 application didn't work, our K-1 visa visa app in now would be void and we would have to start over. :greenblob: