We Got the White slip - Yesssssssss!

Hai Yan just woke me up with a phone call. She got the white slip!

I was anticipating we might get a blue slip. I posted earlier about a possible problem with her birth certificate. Apparently they accepted her birth certificate. She was at the interview with her son. Her mother was waiting outside the consulate for her.

Here's how it went:

Her visa officer was the black pearl. There was a translator standing nearby. The interview was conducted in English. The translator then walked away. I never told Hai Yan about the black pearl, because I didn't want her to worry.

The Questions:

V.O. - Do you speak English?

V.O. - Is that your son next to you?

V.O. - How old is he?

V.O. - Where did you meet your fiancee?

V.O. - What is you fiancee's name?

V.O. - What does he do for a living?

V.O. - How many times has he come to visit you in China?

V.O. - When was the last time he came to China?

Then the V.O. asked for a copy of her birth certificate. There was already a copy in the brown envelope. There was also a copy sent with the original petition. I told Hai Yan to bring an extra copy of all of her certificates, so we gave them yet one more copy. She also had the original with her, which they did not ask for. They did not ask to see the I-134, bank statements, pictures or anything else. That's fine with me. The interview lasted just a few minutes.

Then she gave her the white slip. Hai Yan told her about her grandmother's death, and about the funeral on Friday. She asked if it was possible to get the visa today instead of Friday. The visa officer told her no, it wasn't possible. Hai Yan said the black pearl appeared impatient, and consequently Hai Yan decided not to ask about coming back on Monday for the visa. She didn't want to push her luck. King answered a post I had about this, which I very much appreciated. So HaiYan said she will most likely go to the funeral tomorrow, and pick up the visa on Monday.

So the long awaited day has arrived and we have been successful. I will be a little happier, when we have the visa in hand.

I feel like it was just yesterday, when I was a newbie on CFL. Thanks everyone for your support and help through this process. And for those who still have a long wait, trust me your day will arrive and you will be looking back as well. It only took 700 posts. Lucky "7" hundred! Best wishes to everyone from both of us! :greenblob: :greenblob:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic