LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD

My senators have already expressed an interest in my case and to contact them if I have problem. I also call the Customer Service Center (800-375-5283) and NVC (603-334-0700) about 60 minutes everyday asking them to explain all the problems they are having. I also email NVC about five times each week. I also FAX them some of the time. In 36 hours I am going to ask my lawyer and senators to take action against the NVC for not completing and forwarding my petition overseas within the four week time period after I received my I-797, Notice of Action form.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we really want to draw attention to the situation at GUZ, a great way would be to contact NPR (National Public Radio). They are always looking for great stories. They have a story suggestion page.

Click here to suggest a story

We can all write to NPR in mass. And there are no worries of backlash from the DOS. Finally, it would be a great media tool if you want to get the attention of policy makers. Any drawbacks?

UPDATE

So far, yet another 20 Congressman 15 Govonors & 6 more Televisions have been contacted. It seems as though the Media is mor interested in this than our very own Government. (Typical) Any way, Please Keep up the Emails, & DefinatelyHit the Media Up. If this problem hits the Prime time people, our Gov. Will have no chioce but to take action. They can not afford to made out to look like greedy Politicians sitting on their butts.

UPDATE

So far, yet another 20 Congressman 15 Govonors & 6 more Televisions have been contacted. It seems as though the Media is mor interested in this than our very own Government. (Typical) Any way, Please Keep up the Emails, & DefinatelyHit the Media Up. If this problem hits the Prime time people, our Gov. Will have no chioce but to take action. They can not afford to made out to look like greedy Politicians sitting on their butts.

It might help for you to list the Governors and Congressmen and Senators contacted. That way if one of them are from your state you can keep up the pressure on them, and if your representative is not on the list they can be added.

UPDATE

It might help for you to list the Governors and Congressmen and Senators contacted. That way if one of them are from your state you can keep up the pressure on them, and if your representative is not on the list they can be added.

The best I can tell you is to go to the Senator List website & begin counting down from the top. That is how I doing this. Starting from the top, & working my way down. The Same with the Governors list. It's the best way I know how to do.

So I guess, count down 10 to 15 of each & that most likely where I am in their lists :(

But Why Wait for me? I have given you the tools & the know how, It is up to each one of us if we are going to make a difference. Mainly because most of those officials are not going to listen to me because they have nothing to do with my State or distrcit. All I am trying to go is to give them a taste as to what is about to flood thier doors. Now it is up to you to do something about that flood ;)

I have e-mailed Maura Hartly, both my senators (TX) and my congressman numerous times. One if my letters has actually made it on Senator Cornyn's website. He sits on the Judicary sub commitee on Immigration and Naturalization, so he is a prime target for us to contact. So far I have not received a reply, but I am not giving up yet....I am close to actually applying for the visa for my wife, so any way I can speed it up I will do just that.

Ok all, I know it has been a few days since any updates on this, but I have been quite busy.

I have found out that my Senator is yet, just another lazy beuracrat, the Govonor wants me to do all of the work for her, & the TV station is getting stone walled by both. :angry:

I have been able to get the NVC office to comfirm that they did in fact send it to GUZ, but GUZ is now asking us what is the tracking number or the package number. So I called NVC back & they said that they could not give me that info as they do not have access to it. BS. Common sence states that any Gov institution that sends official documents to another country, or other, they must keep track of all of that information to help them to prevent them from getting into a law suit. Right?

So, I guess I must once again trun back to our friends here to assist in locating this information.

Any suggestions?

My Idea is to possibly find out the NVC actual address, & then Give DHL a call & ask them for the tracking #s or package #'s of all of the Items that NVC had shipped to The GUZ (Got to find their address too), In hopes this will help narrow things down.;)

I am thinking that the NCV Address is:

Shipper: Receiver:

Natioanl Visa Center

Portsmouth, NH 038012901

United States

AM.CONGEN GUANGZHOU

Guangzhou, 51013 Cn

Thanks

This is awesome. It's great to see some people getting active about this. I will write to my senators and congressman ASAP, as well as media.

I think a goal for us should be setting up some meetings with certain policymakers, like the Congressional immigration committee mentioned above, maura harty, etc. Preparing for that is a big task, but I live in the D.C. area (Northern VA) and I am happy to be part of the 'working group' of people who are interested in this.

I'm also going to look into some of the immigration reform organizations in DC and I encourage others to do the same. We need friends. People in media, state department, leaders from either political party, leaders in social justice organizations. Down the road, it would helpful if anyone in this community has some fundraising skills or campaign experience.

I agree that the first step is to send out these letters and emails. We need to get some momentum and get some allies. The next step might be a potluck/strategy meeting (if there are enough interested people around DC) to discuss how we can bring our concerns to the policymakers and what exactly we want them to do.

For my part, I think the issue to press them on is consular staffing. How many more full time VO and visa processing people can we get added to the K-1/3 visa group at Guangzhou? Too few staff in GZ is the root of most of our problems. If it's a matter of paying the salaries of these embassy hires, will Congress appropriate the funds or do we need to raise the money ourselves? If this looks like a policy issue--that is, if the state department intends to keep this so long and difficult--then that needs to be publicized and debated.

PM me with your contact info if you want to be part of the...um...coalition.

Suggestions and help welcomed.

-Ryan