Waiting for P4 Package

I see no randomness.

Average number of days from P3 to Interview is 173 days compiled from stats of CFLers for past six months.

Average number of days from P3 to Interview is 136 days for last week of October P3's. Excluding bandj and jgrier who show a P3 of October 31st. However that is a Sunday. If that is when it was mailed, I estimate the real P3 date is one to two weeks after that as it appears most P4's are dealt with on a Monday or Tuesday. If we had more numbers from people, we could refine this much further.

It should be noted that some people received their Interview date up to 26 days different from someone else for the same p4 dates. So I would throw out to the speculative winds that perhaps an average wait time of 15 to 20 days to deal with the P3. Again, need more specific numbers, like when P3 is sent, when P3 is entered into computer, when P4 is on computer, when pP4 is sent.

"If we had more numbers from people, we could refine this much further."

nooneufo,

I totally agree. CFL's sister site .001 may have more postings from others with October P3's. It would really help if we can look at their numbers too. But unfortunately, I can't read Chinese. I would ask my so to check, but she is on vacation with friends.

Does anyone know if it is feasible to get info from .001?

When it comes to government stuff, I take care of the American side, my SO the Chinese side. I am doubtful that the numbers coming from the 001 bbs would be nearly as useful as the ones from here, since most who post their time lines here clearly seem to have a handle on what date is what from what agency. My SO does not have the same capability to make the phone calls and deal with our system, just as I can not easily deal with theirs. Although any numbers are worth taking a look at.

What I am suggesting, is that more CFLer's put their time lines on their signatures.

Hint hint hint.

With the data accumulated, I can already estimate the likely date of bandj and jgrier P4's might be dated, the following order most likely first;

03/14/05

03/15/05

03/08/05

03/07/05

This is correlating the previous October info against the September info. Unless they speed up more, or slow down, and there is no other delay. With more and correct data, I would be closer to predicting the Interview date, but the P4 I have more confidence in. Based on todays data anyway.

I reckon I could put timelines on my signature but my SO had her interview a year ago and I doubt it would help. Back in the old days the wait was more so at the service centers than in GZ. My I-129f was at TSC for 5 months-at NVC for 2 months. I had p3 five days after it arrived in GZ and interview 75 days after we mailed the p3. Total time was nine months and 20 days. GZ slowed drastically when they temperarily shut down the visitors visa center and about the same time they were gearing up for fingerprinting. They have yet to recover but it looks like they are catching up a bit.

If the service centers continue getting faster and GZ goes back to a 75 day wait from p3-interview, it may be possible someday to get a visa in around five months. But don't hold your breath.

I reckon I could put timelines on my signature but my SO had her interview a year ago and I doubt it would help. Back in the old days the wait was more so at the service centers than in GZ. My I-129f was at TSC for 5 months-at NVC for 2 months.  I had p3 five days after it arrived in GZ and interview 75 days after we mailed the p3. Total time was nine months and 20 days.  GZ slowed drastically when they temperarily shut down the visitors visa center and about the same time they were gearing up for fingerprinting. They have yet to recover but it looks like they are catching up a bit. 

If the service centers continue getting faster and GZ goes back to a 75 day wait from p3-interview, it may be possible someday to get a visa in around five months. But don't hold your breath.

Holding!!! ;) :blink: :D

P4 God,

Please let hubby's interview be scheduled soon so people at work will stop asking me "Any thing new with hubby's visa?"

AMEN

Hey how did you know my prayer???????

Only mine is "Please let my lao po interview be scheduled soon so people at work will stop asking me "Any thing new with the wife's visa?"

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

at the moment I'm waiting on p3