For the MIL what if any evidence should be notarized and also in the white book format?

Nothing needs to be notarized.

Anything acquired at the notary office should be translated and the notary office will bind the document to translation in a white book, the first post in this thread covers whe should be useful when applying for a visitors visa.

Nothing needs to be notarized.

Anything acquired at the notary office should be translated and the notary office will bind the document to translation in a white book, the first post in this thread covers whe should be useful when applying for a visitors visa.

Really? :huh: I know it's not the same type visa but when we did the I-130 for the wife we had many things notarized and translated, formatted into white books. Items such as BC's and our marriage papers, letter for the child to immigrate and the likes all were notarized. We paid extra money to have things notarized was this unnecessary and foolish?

Sorry not trying to hijack or change this thread just looking for answers about the MIL's visa. :unsure:

Really? :huh: I know it's not the same type visa but when we did the I-130 for the wife we had many things notarized and translated, formatted into white books. Items such as BC's and our marriage papers, letter for the child to immigrate and the likes all were notarized. We paid extra money to have things notarized was this unnecessary and foolish?

Sorry not trying to hijack or change this thread just looking for answers about the MIL's visa. :unsure:

Mother in law is applying for a visitor's visa, she is not immigrating, the NIV unit at any US Consulate or the Embassy will handle this, the requirements for a non immigrant visitors visa is much less that that for an immigrations visa.

Note a Notarization in the USA is quite different that the notary offices in China, the documents and translations in China are notary documents. However getting something "Notarized" as in the USA is to confirm that the person signing the document IS the person signing, the notary confirms this by looking at ID and then notarizing the document.

MORE: http://guangzhou.use...w-to-apply.html

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Once a B1/B2 visa is granted, how long can one still stay in China before entering the US?

Visa Classification____Fee____Number of Applications____Validity Period

B-1____________________None___Multiple__________________12 Months

B-2____________________None___Multiple__________________12 Months

B-1/B-2________________None___Multiple__________________12 Months

http://travel.state....1.html?cid=3537

It is valid 12 months after it is issued.

No fee paid to NVC

Multiple entry.

Note: Topic heading says "Mother receives her 1yr visa"

Edited by dnoblett
formating (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife wants to know if she could accompany her mother to the interview ,the MIL is elderly ,in poor health and does not get around very good anymore.

It all depends on consulate location and if they allow it. GUZ tends to not allow, however this may not be the case at the other consulates or the Embassy in Beijing.
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I need someone to tell me if I'm crazy here. My fiancee and I are imagining a future in which we can travel back and forth once a year or so between the States and China. At this point I've been to see her twice, and will go twice again in 2010. We're both in our 50s and she is retired (I will retire in two years).

The more I read about getting visitor visas and the difficulties therein, the more this seems a pipedream. So, any guidance would be appreciated.

First, I'd like to get her over here to visit me before we marry (no particular reason, I'd just like her to come here once instead of my going there every time). At this point we do *not* intend for her to immigrate (that might change later).

Specifics info on her:

employment: retired 2 years ago

family: one son, university student in Japan

two sisters

both parents still living (same city as her and one sister)

parents are self-sufficient financially, as is son (working to pay his way through college)

financials: small pension from government (1200rmb/month)

bank account: I don't know how much is in there, I doubt much is

property: owns free and clear a small apartment in Liaoning Province

How could we possibly ever convince the US gov't that she would return to China after a two-week visit to see me? What might help? If we put more money into her account, does that help? If I get her to go to Japan to visit her son and she returns without violating her visa there, does that help? Of the things I've seen mentioned that work to establish sufficient ties to China, these are the two I see we can maybe manipulate. We don't want to be untruthful by saying our relationship is less than it is, but again, this is *not* an immigration issue -- she wants to come as a visitor and then go back.

thanks for any and all suggestions/experiences. I'm beginning to lose hope here -- and I haven't even started the process! And I'm sad to say it's my government that's the problem...

we have been married since 11/29/03 and lin's mother came over when our son was born about 4 years ago -- they approved her for 6 months but denied her sister. Then, we applied last year to have her parents visit together, denied (supposedly said lack of financial stability even though I make $135K a year, same job for 7 years and with military pension of 35K). We are reapplying for her parents to come over again. I may need to enlist support! Anyway, visit to consulate coming up, any inside tips

My in-laws were just issued a B-2 interview date for Oct 10. Does anyone know what the latest process/procedure is for spouses who have their interview scheduled on the same day & time - that is will they be interviewed together or seperatly? Thanks!

• 5 months later...

If the invitation letter states that the main purpose for my mom to visit us is to attend commencement on this specific date, but she ends up not being able to come on time, will that affect her entry or next time visit? Anybody knows?

Joanna

Nope, can state a date, and then plans change, things get canceled etc... you are not required to travel on the date indicated, and nope should not affect future applications.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering what precedence there is for the inclusion of tax transcripts, or even an I-134 from the inviter? My thought was that the B-2 should be a self sponsored event and the only evidence on the inviter's side that is required is relational evidence and not financial evidence. The applicant needs to show lots of financial evidence, of course.

Edited by audelair (see edit history)