• 1 month later...

Normally how long does the process take for a mother to get his visitor's visa? Hopefully she can be here before my wife's due date which is Jan 5, 2010. My mother came to the US in Jan 2001 and left in June of the same year but we couldn't find the date when her visa was issued. Could it be a problem? Also, what type of visa could it be? B1 or B2?

Thanks.

Guest shutterbug

Normally how long does the process take for a mother to get his visitor's visa? Hopefully she can be here before my wife's due date which is Jan 5, 2010. My mother came to the US in Jan 2001 and left in June of the same year but we couldn't find the date when her visa was issued. Could it be a problem? Also, what type of visa could it be? B1 or B2?

Thanks.

She still has her old passport, doesn't she? If not, I wouldn't worry about the exact date.

You can just put down B2. The visa must have been a B1/B2 combination visa, actual status is either B1 or B2, determined each time at the port of entry, depending on whether that particular trip is for business or for tourism.

How early an appointment can be scheduled varies among consulates, and it is seasonal as well (in the summer it is particularly long due to the higher number of student visa applications). You can check the timeline here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tem...p;x=72&y=14

We sent I-134, it was not required, just sent to be on the safe side.Again check the list on the first post in this section.

Tine

Actually the DOS makes the following reference which could "infer" an I-134 might be needed in certain situations.

Additional Documentation

It is important that you refer to the Embassy Consular Section web site to determine visa processing timeframes and instructions, learn about interview scheduling, and find out if there are any additional documentation items required. Learn more by contacting the Embassy Consular Section.

Applicants must demonstrate that they are properly classifiable as visitors under U.S. law by:

Evidence which shows the purpose of the trip, intent to depart the United States, and arrangements made to cover the costs of the trip may be provided. It is impossible to specify the exact form the documentation should take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly.

Those applicants who do not have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the U.S. must present convincing evidence that an interested person will provide support.

Depending on individual circumstances, applicants may provide other documentation substantiating the trip's purpose and specifying the nature of binding obligations, such as family ties or employment, which would compel their return abroad.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

Thanks, Tine. One more question, where can I find out which office (beijing, shanghai or even wuhan) should we send the application to? My mother lives in Hubei province.

Beijing.

Beijing All of China except for areas serviced by Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Shenyang.

Chengdu Chongqing Municipality Sichuan Province, Tibet Autonomous Region, and Yunnan Province.

Guangzhou Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and the provinces of Fujian, Guangdon, and Hainan.

Shanghai Shanghai Municipality and the provinces of Anhui, Jiangsu, and Zhejiang.

Shenyang Provinces of Liaoning, Jilin, and Heilongjiang.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

congratulations! Thank you for all the organized information. Take Care.

Hello all,

My mother-in-law received the 1 year visitors visa last friday. No problems during the interview in Shanghai, she was asked about 6-7 questions and received the visa the same day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the list of things that needs to be completed.

List (Ŀ¼)

PART I - INVITEE (µÚÒ»²¿·Ö) (±»ÑûÇëÈË)

1. Passport (»¤ÕÕ, Ô­¼þ)

2. DS 156 Form (DS156±í, Ô­¼þ, ÖÐÓ¢Îĸ÷Ò»·Ý)

3. DS 157 Form (DS157±í, Ô­¼þ, ÖÐÓ¢Îĸ÷Ò»·Ý)

4. Receipt of Visa Application Fee (ÖÐÐÅÒøÐеÄÇ©Ö¤·ÑÊÕ¾Ý, Ô­¼þ)

5. Resident Booklet (»¤¿Ú±¾)

6. National Identification Cards (Éí·ÝÖ¤)

7. Evidences of Properties¡¯ ownership (·¿²úÖ¤Ã÷)

8. Evidences of Bank Saving (ÒøÐдæ¿îÖ¤Ã÷)

9. Retiree¡¯s card and Certificate of pension (ÍËÐÝÖ¤ºÍÍËÐݽðÖ¤Ã÷)

10. Verification of Son¡¯s Employment

(¶ù×ӵŤ×÷Ö¤Ã÷)

11. Copies of National ID of Son (¶ù×ÓÉí·ÝÖ¤¸´Ó¡¼þ)

12. Family Photos (¼ÒÍ¥ÕÕƬ)

13. Letter of Dad¡¯s Employment(°Ö°Ö¹«Ë¾µÄ¾­¼ÃºÍ¹ÍÓÃÖ¤Ã÷ÐÅ)

PART II ( µÚ¶þ²¿·Ö ) - INVITER ( ÑûÇëÈË )

1. Invitation Letter (English & Chinese) (ÑûÇ뺯ÖÐÓ¢Îĸ÷Ò»·Ý)

2. Affidavit of Support I-134 Form (¾­¼Ãµ£±£Ö¤Ã÷ I-134±í)

3. Ella¡¯s I-94 copy (Å®¶ùµÄÈë¾³¿¨)

4. Copy of Income Tax Return 2003 (2003Äê¸öÈËÊÕÈëÄÉË°±í¸´Ó¡¼þ)

5. Copies of Ella & Tine¡¯s passport (Å®¶ùºÍÅ®ÐöµÄ»¤ÕÕ¸´Ó¡¼þ)

6. Copy of Ella¡¯s Visa (Å®¶ùµ½ÃÀ¹úµÄÇ©Ö¤¸´Ó¡¼þ)

7. Copies of Daughter & Granddaughter¡¯s Green Card, SSN (Å®¶ùºÍÍâËïÅ®µÄÂÌ¿¨¡¢Éç°²ºÅ¸´Ó¡¼þ)

8. Copy of Driver License: Son-In-Law and Daughter (Å®ÐöºÍÅ®¶ùµÄ¼ÝÕÕ¸´Ó¡¼þ)

9. Copy of Marriage License (½á»éÖ¤¸´Ó¡¼þ)

10.Letter of Tine¡¯s Employment (Tine¹«Ë¾µÄ¾­¼ÃºÍ¹ÍÓÃÖ¤Ã÷ÐÅ)

11.Photos (¼ÒÍ¥ÕÕƬ)

12.Notarial Certificate of relationship (ֱϵÇ×Êô¹Øϵ¹«Ö¤Êé)

13.Letter for VO. (Ó¢ÎÄÐź¯Ò»·Ý¸øÇ©Ö¤¹Ù)

Letter For VO.

To: American Counsulate General

Mei Long Zheng Plaza 8th Floor

Shanghai, China 200001

Subject : Issuance of visiorts visa for my mother-in law.

Dear Visa Officer,

We would like to invite our mother, XXXX(here is mother¡¯s name) to visit our home in XXXXX(here is address of your home) for 4-6 months, so she may visit her daughter and grandchildren. While here we would like to take her to visit New York city, Washington DC, Orlando, FL. Her husband can not join her due to his work schedule and she also has a son and daughter-in-law in Shanghai.

During her stay here we will bear all financial responsibilites during her stay including her round trip air fare from Shanghai to Indianapolis and back, medical insurance while here, and all travel expense.

Tine XXXX & Ella XXXX

(sign your names here)

Letter for Mom:Chinese & English

Ç×°®µÄÂèÂ裺ÄãºÃ£¡

Õâ·âÐÅÊÇÑûÇëÄãµ½ÃÀ¹úÀ´¿´ÎÒÃÇ£¬²¢ÇÒºÍÎÒÃÇÒ»ÆðÉú»î¡£ÄãÔÚÃÀ¹úµÄ6¸öÔÂÀÎÒÃǽ«»áÖ§?br /> ¶ÄãÔÚÃÀÆÚ¼äËùÓеÄÉú»îºÍÂÃÐзÑÓ㬰üÀ¨Íù·µµÄ·É»úƱ¡£µ±ÄãÀ´µ½ÃÀ¹úºó£¬ÎÒÃǽ«»á´øÄãµ

½ÒÔϼ¸¸öµØ·½È¥²Î¹ÛºÍÂÃÐС£ÔÚ¾ßÌåʱ¼äÉÏÒ²Ðí»áÓÐËù±ä¶¯£¬Èç¹ûʱ¼äÔÊÐíµÄ»°£¬ÎÒÃÇ»¹»

á´øÄãµ½ÆäËû¼¸¸öÐÅÀïûÓÐÁгöµÄµØ·½È¥¿´¿´¡?br />

5ÔÂ

È¥¿´ÓÐÃûµÄÈü³µ±ÈÈü¡£TineÔÚÿÄêµÄ5ÔºÍ8Ôµ½ÄÇÀ﹤×÷¼¸Ì죬Ëû¿ÉÒÔ´ø¼ÒÊô½øÈë±ÈÈü³¡µØ

¡£Õâ¸öÈü³µ±ÈÈü¼´Ê¹ÔÚÊÀ½çÉÏÒ²ÊǺÜÃûµÄ¡£

7ÔÂ

ÎÒÃǻᵽŦԼºÍ»ªÊ¢¶Ù£ºÅ¦Ô¼µÄÌÆÈ˽֣¬ÓÐÃûµÄ»ª¶û½Ö£¬×ÔÓÉÅ®ÉñÏñ£»»ªÊ¢¶ÙÊÇÃÀ¹úµÄÊ׶¼

£¬ÎÒÃÇÈ¥ÄêÈ¥¹ýµÄ£¬ºÜÖµµÃÈ¥¿´¿´µÄ¡£

8ÔÂ

µ½ÃÀÀöµÄ·ðÂ޴ﺣ̲¶È¼Ù£¬²¢µ½ÏëÍùÒԾõĵÏ˹ÄáÀÖÍÅÈ¥ÓÎÍæ¡£

ÆäËûʱ¼äÎÒÃÇ»á´øÄãµ½ÎÒÃÇÓ¡µÚ°²ÄÇתת£¬ÎÒÃÇÉú»îµÄÕâ¸ö³ÇÊÐÊÇdz£ÃÀÀöµÄ¡£ÔÚºÍÎÒÃÇÉ?»îµÄ¼¸¸öÔÂÀÄã»áÁ˽âºÍÌåÑéÃÀ¹úÈ˵ÄÉú»î£¬ÎÒÃÇÒ²ÏàÐÅÄãÒ»¶¨»áÔÚÃÀ¹ú¶È¹ýÒ»¶ÎÃÀºÃµÄ

ʱ¹âµÄ¡£

ÄãµÄÅ®Ðö£º

ÄãµÄÅ®¶ù£º

2004Äê12ÔÂ

Tine & Ella XXXX

XXXXXXX(here is your address)

Dec.30th 2004

Ref: To XXX(here is your mom¡¯s Chinese name)

Dear Mom: (here is your mom¡¯s name, type ¡°PinYing¡±)

This letter is invite you to come USA to see us ,and live with us for 6 months in Indianapolis Indiana, USA. We will pay all the fees for your living and traveling in USA, and the plane ticket for coming USA and returning to China. During your stay in USA, We will visit several famous cities in the world:

May 21st-22nd & May 29th

Indianapolis: Indianapolis 500 Car Race ,It is the most famous car race in the world.

July 9th- 18th :

New York: Walk in Wall Street and to visit the Statue of Liberty; China Town, Atlantic City and Nigara Falls.

Washington DC: Our nations capitol, The White House our Presidents home, and many other sites.

Aug 14th~30th :

Florida: Disney World, Miami 1 week and one week on the beach in Ft. Myers Florida.

You will know that how the persons in USA are living and how we are Living in USA.

We believe that you will feel pleasure during your traveling in USA.

Your Daughter:

Your Son-in-law:

Dec30th, 2004

where do I get Notarial Certificate of relationship (ֱϵÇ×Êô¹Øϵ¹«Ö¤Êé), as list as item 12 for the invitor. Thanks.

Is notarial birth Cert, you should have one in your possession already.

Another question, does the invitee (my mother) need

10. Verification of Son¡¯s Employment (¶ù×ӵŤ×÷Ö¤Ã÷), and

if I'm the only son?

What they are talking about is a family member living in China, goes to show ties to China.

What the consulate is looking for when deciding to issue a visitor's visa, is evidence that the visitor wont use the visa to enter the USA and stay.

Guest shutterbug

Another question, does the invitee (my mother) need

10. Verification of Son¡¯s Employment (¶ù×ӵŤ×÷Ö¤Ã÷), and

if I'm the only son?

Please don't stress yourself out with every little detail :) What is really in her favor is that she has been her on B-2 and left before the date stamped on her I-94. After all the consulates want to be reasonally sure those who receive a visa will not overstay. My parents have been here to visit me a couple of times, in one interview the consular office only took a cursory glance at the documents I prepared, in the other he hardly looked at anything.