Chinese Visa via Hong Kong

Because I have a lot of points with United I was thinking about flying to HK then taking a train to Guangzhou.

In 2003 out of necessity I had to buy a Chinese visa coming back to Zhuhai from HK. Can I still buy a Chinese visa in HK? Is that recommended? Since I don't live in a Chinese Consulate city I was wondering what would be cheaper?

Thanks

here is a site in HK. Some people I know :lol: Used to get their visas there but not lately.

I have heard they no longer give those out. www.jta.com.hk

If you are married there is a "kind of like chinese embassy in HK.." straight from my wifes mouth. where you can get your visa.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

I know when I went to China the first time in late March 2004 they had a report they were stopping americans from getting the visas ast the border because of the crackdown by fingerprinting everyone who enters the US.

I have flown into HK both times I have traveled and I know the United flights get in around early evening. I used a visa service in the US to get the visa, and they have always returned my passport after one week. This is when using their regular service.

Dave

Most any hotel you stay at in HK can get you a visa overnight for a reasonable fee. The train ride from HK to GZ, is about one hour and 45 minutes. Buy the 1st class ticket, it is pretty cheap and you will enjoy it more.

PS stay in Kowloon, and you will be closer to the train to GZ!!

I got my work visa recently through the official office in HK (probably the "Chinese consulate in HK"). No prob for Americans if you have what you need (another American was there waitng I think for tourist visa) But it's my understanding (and don't quote me on this...) Americans can still get them most places, just have to pay more now.