• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cliff :D Welcome Aboard :D Slowly now, take your finger off the reply button :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am not sure of the amount but there are a lot more than 10 interviews a day so that is not a true statistic

She told me that out of 10 k1 interviews only 2 - she and another woman - got white slips.

Interesting! GZ may be preselecting "who passes", not "who gets rejected", before the interview?; it's easier to select 2 than 8 out of 10. I bet they are running out of the blue slips pretty soon and need to order more. Video shops near by must be having a wonderful year; this is where I should invest my money into. Here I come, 2nd FL of Shamian Hotel, VHS (NTSC format) is on my itinerary now. :rolleyes:

Read carefully boys, many got blue slips, which I believe means they want more information. These are not rejections, maybe the women were not as prepared as they should have been.

As far as favorite movies and songs, if you were to just make them up but do it quickly and act like you really know them there should be no problems.

Anyway congratulations, in a few more hours you will be at the airport.

Good luck with the rest of your lives!!

Hi,

First off, thank you all so much for your warm wishes. This is truly the best Thanksgiving of my life!

The 2 out of 10 statistic Jade gave me is only her perception of the amount of blue slips. She was one of the last people called for interview and observed the women coming out in tears with blue slip in hand. She informed me she saw only one other woman with a big smile and a white slip she was waiving happily.

The interveiwer was a Chinese man (in Jades view) possibly in his early 30's or late 20's. Sounds like the same one Mtbdude had.

Another sad observation Jade made today while picking up her visa. One of the women went to pick up her visa with white slip in hand only to be turned away because they could not locate the receipt for her K1. She was in tears and insisting that the receipt was with her paperwork that she turned in. She was trying to ask a guard what to do but he only told her he could not help her and was very busy - please not to bother him.

Jade is not sure where the woman went after that. I can only hope that she worked it out.

Thanks again everyone!

Jeff

... She .... observed the women coming out in tears with blue slip in hand. 

Another sad observation Jade made today while picking up her visa.  One of the women went to pick up her visa with white slip in hand only to be turned away because they could not locate the receipt for her K1.  She was in tears and insisting that the receipt was with her paperwork that she turned in.  She was trying to ask a guard what to do but he only told her he could not help her and was very busy - please not to bother him.

It is so sad and heart-wrenching when I think of the emotions of women who got blue slips and came out in tears, or especially the woman who received a white slip but then had problems finding her receipt and could not get her visa or couldn't even find someone to help her. My stomach is tied in knots when I think of this. I can only imagine the horror and emotions these people suffer. They are no different than our fiancees who is going through the exact same process. How can the people at the consulate be so heartless? Have they no compassion at all? It is so sad... Why do we have such a horrible system? I honestly can not imagine what could possess the people at the consulate to be so heartless.

-jim