It's a miracle....

Hi CFLers,

Kai passed the interview yesterday. His VO was the heavyset gentleman. He asked Kai a few questions about his work history, my work history, my current employment, and questions about Maiya....then he gave him a white slip. He didn't look at any of our photos or correspondence. Kai says it went very well and that the VO was very friendly. The reason I say it is a miracle, is that Kai had to do the whole interview in English. Apparently he HAS been studying! He goes back to pick up the visa at 4pm today. He will be enroute to San Francisco in about 2 weeks.

I guess we'll see what happens once he gets here.

A whole new ball of wax... :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D  :D

May I ask which consulate you went through? Is he a K1, K3, CR-1? Good luck with the next steps.

Hi JohnandRose,

My husband is Chinese, therefore his visa was processed at the consulate in GZ. He is coming over on a K3. It took 17 months from submitting the i-129f application till now.

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your husband and baby.  I am glad you were here with us throughout everything.

Thanks, Robert! I am so grateful for the wealth of support, compassion, understanding, and general information that I have received from CFL! I don't know how I would have made it this far without this community!

Even though I haven't had the most ideal situation, I am glad that i followed through with the visa and I am happy that Maiya will get to meet her daddy! As for our marriage, right now I am looking at it as a partnership in raising Maiya. We have been getting on well, and I am hopeful that we will remain good *friends* throughout Maiya's life even if not *husband and wife.*