;)Trafficking by Marriage Brokers Called Serious

Trafficking by Marriage Brokers Called Serious

I read this article this morning. You have got to be kidding me? Just more fuel for the fire. Sometimes after reading some the posts here, after reading the visa procedures and getting jerked around by my lawyer. (The Visa is at a complete halt until the A%$ H*#@ :lol: gets back from vacation with his wife. I rcvd no RFE or NOA2, it's got to be in his PO Box.) I get a really discouraging feeling. It makes for a lot of stress.

My wife and I are still happy to talk to each other everyday. We both stay cool about things, although we have our moments. We've only been married 3 months. We have known each other for a year, next month. Our relationship is still strong and we are both committed to our marriage. It's not always easy to talk about. Friends and Co-workers Know I got married. They ask me about married life and I reply that it will take about a year for us to be together in the US. (At the rate we are going so far I think it could take 2.)

Friends ask "why can't she come over for a visit?" or "why does it take so long?". News articles like this are a very big part of the reason why. Either we need to be protected from the terrorists or (in this case) we are the terrorists that try to beat the system. I don't need to have a terrorist slow me down, :) I hired a lawyer to do that for me. It's a lose-lose situation, but my wife and I still remain committed and optimistic that it will all be worth it when we are together for good.

I'll try to put some sort of timeline together soon. I was happy to put the NOA1 on my fridge when I got it. Unfortunately, it's gonna stay up there till Adam gets back in a few weeks. I want to take it down now.

Today is valentines day in China and my Lao Po got her flowers. She's very happy and it's always great to talk to her when I get bummed. Like the words of the great "Joe Dirt" said, "You just need to keep on keepin' on". I will or I could end up in an institution somewhere.

:) Wo fon za ‰ä¥á†‹¶“I (kidding... :lol: )

:DWo yao de ai lao po.:wub:

Trafficking by Marriage Brokers Called Serious

I read this article this morning. You have got to be kidding me? Just more fuel for the fire. Sometimes after reading some the posts here, after reading the visa procedures and getting jerked around by my lawyer. (The Visa is at a complete halt until the A%$ H*#@ :lol: gets back from vacation with his wife. I rcvd no RFE or NOA2, it's got to be in his PO Box.) I get a really discouraging feeling. It makes for a lot of stress.

My wife and I are still happy to talk to each other everyday. We both stay cool about things, although we have our moments. We've only been married 3 months. We have known each other for a year, next month. Our relationship is still strong and we are both committed to our marriage. It's not always easy to talk about. Friends and Co-workers Know I got married. They ask me about married life and I reply that it will take about a year for us to be together in the US. (At the rate we are going so far I think it could take 2.)

Friends ask "why can't she come over for a visit?" or "why does it take so long?". News articles like this are a very big part of the reason why. Either we need to be protected from the terrorists or (in this case) we are the terrorists that try to beat the system. I don't need to have a terrorist slow me down, :) I hired a lawyer to do that for me.  It's a lose-lose situation, but my wife and I still remain committed and optimistic that it will all be worth it when we are together for good.

I'll try to put some sort of timeline together soon. I was happy to put the NOA1 on my fridge when I got it. Unfortunately, it's gonna stay up there till Adam gets back in a few weeks. I want to take it down now.

Today is valentines day in China and my Lao Po got her flowers. She's very happy and it's always great to talk to her when I get bummed. Like the words of the great "Joe Dirt" said, "You just need to keep on keepin' on". I will or I could end up in an institution somewhere.

:) Wo fon za ‰ä¥á†‹¶“I (kidding... :lol: )

:DWo yao de ai lao po.:wub:

While this sort of thing is a problem (much more so in other countries than in ours, but still...) which SHOULD be dealt with, the fact that it gets the news, and our problems are hardley given a second thought that sickens me.

The public and the majority of the government see the "seedy side" and the terrorist threat, and get it all crammed down their throats... kneejerk reactions, poorly thought out regulations, witch hunts... and all of us AMERICAN CITIZENS with LEGITIMATE RELATIONSHIPS are expected to just bear and accept all of the crap they feed us. I can't say we're expected to take it silently, because basically they don't mind letting us bitch and moan because they ain't listening. We've been trivialized, victimized, and mostly just ignored. The fun part is there's not a damn thing we can do about it either.

I never took a bullet for this country, but I did once swear to give my life in it's defence. Much of my faith and belief in this country I developed while in the military actually. I was one of those that joined for the educational benefits - but I quickly took on a different perspective. I however, never remember agreeing to this kind of abuse. And it really is abuse. You love this woman? Well you can marry her and bring her to the us WHEN and IF we say you can!! How long? Can't tell you - shut up and wait! Oh, you forgot to put an x in block 114(e)(29)F!!!! RESUBMIT!!! Wait she might be a terrorist... let us just make sure she's not for your safety... How long??? Man you're nosy citizen!! Shut up and wait!!! Oh look, you have all the papers we asked for for the interview! Good. But we forgot to mention you need.... THIS!!! What? Not in writing?? Big deal... shut up and don't come back without it!!! Oh... you brought it... well we need to ummm... process it... don't call us, we'll call you! Yeah, yeah, I know... shut up and wait.... I gave some good years to the government. It doesn't mean shit. I'm just a code number... an annoyance... an excuse for another "damn foreigner" to avoid immigration quotas... I should be thankful for the scraps I get... right??? Well FUCK THAT!!

sigh... the only thing worse than being pissed off, is being pissed off and knowing you're powerless to do anything about it. I'll bitch and moan... then Jun will finally get her visa and I'll say "Thank you, sir" and move on with my life leaving a new batch of poor wretches to struggle through the ever-thickening red tape.

You love this woman?  Well you can marry her and bring her to the us WHEN and IF we say you can!!  How long?  Can't tell you - shut up and wait!  Oh, you forgot to put an x in block 114(e)(29)F!!!!  RESUBMIT!!!  Wait she might be a terrorist...  let us just make sure she's not for your safety...  How long???  Man you're nosy citizen!!  Shut up and wait!!!  Oh look, you have all the papers we asked for for the interview!  Good.  But we forgot to mention you need.... THIS!!!  What?  Not in writing??  Big deal... shut up and don't come back without it!!!  Oh... you brought it... well we need to ummm... process it... don't call us, we'll call you!  Yeah, yeah, I know... shut up and wait....  I gave some good years to the government.  It doesn't mean shit.  I'm just a code number... an annoyance... an excuse for another "damn foreigner" to avoid immigration quotas...  I should be thankful for the scraps I get... right??? Well FUCK THAT!!

sigh... the only thing worse than being pissed off, is being pissed off and knowing you're powerless to do anything about it.  I'll bitch and moan... then Jun will finally get her visa and I'll say "Thank you, sir" and move on with my life leaving a new batch of poor wretches to struggle through the ever-thickening red tape.

A(fucking)MEN...glad to see I am not the only one thinkin this shit. :)

I wish this Lily Tomlin look-alike Senator Cantwell would do something more helpful for Americans like trying to improve the efficiency of the monolithic BCIS and DOS and the mysterious name checkers instead of worrying about women being abused in foreign countries. But she spends her time building libraries and taking care of her sweet apple farmers instead of taking care of American men who want to have a legitimate relationship with a foreign woman.

JASON LEGITIMATE RELATIONSHIPS

Why are you so mad Your time line is much shorter than most.. And lets be real This is not only for you but all of us. We have to look at the reality of the situation. Almost everyone met there partner on the internet and within afew months went to China for a week or two one time and now they are married or going to get married. I know if something happened to the person Petioning, that is the so called Love of a lifetime to the person in China. That In most cases within in a couple of months and maybe only a couple of days they would be back online looking for that once in a lifetime Love again. Do they love You or the opportunity you represent. And the same for the person here if something happened to that person in China and they would not be coming. How many would be online that day or the next Looking again for that once in a lifetime Love. It has to be hard to believe by the people working in the embassy that all these internet relationships could be totally sincere. Just look at the facts and You might see a little more clearly why all petitions are not just passed. I know in some cases There is a deep and true love between the two, but to just assume this would be ridiculous. sURE IT IS A LONG HARD WAIT!! But for those who really Love each other its worth it You can have a lifetime of happines together. So Shut up and wait. And for the ones who are not willing to wait maybe they should not be together.

One more thing, one Embassy in China to process all these petitions, the most populated country in the world and the amount of people wanting to come here from there growing everyday how could they keep up. Maybe it would be a better idea to throw away all the Regulations and just let them all come right now. NOT!!!!!

Sorry if this pisses off a lot of people I do not like waiting either it is very difficult I Love Mei very much and talk with her on the phone everyday This site is here to help people to get the right information to bring thier loved ones here and maybe make the wait a little more bearable. Sometimes we have to try to be a little more understanding. I know most Chinese women want A very understanding man. What if You or I was the one working in the Embassy. With thousands of petitions to process. And Emails and letters and phone calls everyday asking what is going on what is taking so long why is this or that not done yet. HELP!!!!! I just don't know. One thing I do know I will wait and at some point we will be together and that will be the best day of my life until the next day and that will become the best day in my life. and then the next day get my point. THANKS EVERYONE

It was only recently that K visa processing was taken away from the other consulates and concentrated only in Guangzhou, so that excuse is baseless. The govt made a conscious decision to slow down the process.

It is not quite right for you to call into question basically everyone else's relationship by theorizing that if something happened either member of the couple would be right back looking. Do we put ourselves on the line and submit this paperwork lightly?

And just because you are perhaps envious of Jason's time line does not give you a license to tell him to "shut up and wait." We are supposed to be supportive of each other here, okay?

I am happy for you to have had a fateful meeting in China. Why should you question the kismet of others? If you need to unstress perhaps it would be more helpful for you to focus your dissatisfaction upon the bureaucracy which is slow and the Congress which refuses to give enough money to handle these things better. That, Jim, might help the whole process as well as your own case.

The laws are hopefully designed to prevent persons being brought to the US through a non-legit legal marriage or third party broker for the sex trade, sweat shops, etc. This should not apply to legitimate marriages/relationships. The laws are designed to protect people from scams and scam artists and that's a good thing. Sadly to say the abuses really do exist and something should be done about it. If you and I have met someone on line and have a legitimate relationship we should have nothing to fear. It may mean a little more time for me and my lp but if it prevents someone from being exploited here in the states I'll tolerate the inconvenience. So far from what I've read (here on clf and other sites) very few visas are actually denied and it seems delays are design to weed out the noncommittal and scamers.

I hope it does not sound like I'm being insensitive but I just don't think we on cfl have anything to worry about since laws don't really apply to most of us.

have patience, as they said to me at the registration office in Shanghai 'The long and winding road can lead to great things'

JASON LEGITIMATE RELATIONSHIPS

Why are you so mad Your time line is much shorter than most.. And lets be real This is not only for you but all of us. We have to look at the reality of the situation. Almost everyone met there partner on the internet and within afew months went to China for a week or two one time and now they are married or going to get married. I know if something happened to the person Petioning, that is the so called Love of a lifetime to the person in China. That In most cases within in a couple of months and maybe only a couple of days they would be back online looking for that once in a lifetime Love again. Do they love You or the opportunity you represent. And the same for the person here if something happened to that  person in China and they would not be coming. How many would be online that day or the next Looking again for that once in a lifetime Love. It has to be hard to believe by the people working in the embassy that all these internet relationships could be totally sincere. Just look at the facts and You might see a little more clearly why all petitions are not just passed. I know in some cases There is a deep and true love between the two, but to just assume this would be ridiculous. sURE IT IS A LONG HARD WAIT!! But for those who really Love each other its worth it You can have a lifetime of happines together. So Shut up and wait. And for the ones who are not willing to wait maybe they should not be together.

One more thing, one Embassy in China to process all these petitions, the most populated country in the world and the amount of people wanting to come here from there growing everyday how could they keep up. Maybe it would be a better idea to throw away all the Regulations and just let them all come right now.   NOT!!!!!  

Sorry if this pisses off a lot of people I do not like waiting either it is very difficult I Love Mei very much and talk with her on the phone everyday This site is here to help people to get the right information to bring thier loved ones here and maybe make the wait a little more bearable. Sometimes we have to try to be a little more understanding. I know most Chinese women want A very understanding man. What if You or I was the one working in the Embassy. With thousands of petitions to process. And Emails and letters and phone calls everyday asking what is going on what is taking so long why is this or that not done yet. HELP!!!!! I just don't know. One thing I do know I will wait and at some point we will be together and that will be the best day of my life until the next day and that will become the best day in my life. and then the next day get my point. THANKS EVERYONE

I did not mean all relationships are automtically valid... I meant those of us with legitimate relationships, trying to do this legally as opposed to the kinds of cases the article is about... how does making up "required" things on the spot (notarized passport, video, etc) fit in with that fair filtering out of bad relationships. It's not their job to determine if it will be sucessful, or how deep the commitment is anyway, only if it is real.

Not just about me? Yeah, my timeline thusfar is pretty sweet. I'm more pissed for all of the people I have come to admire and respect here that are going through much worse than me... and yes for myself as well - let's face it - I'm me, so I can't help but be concerned for myself whether or not I've been waiting as long as person A or person B... and I can see by the way the interviews are slowing down exponentially by the time it's over I will have done my fair share of waiting.

Guangzhou is NOT the only embassy processing large numbers of K visas, and China is not the only country with applicants... yet they are by far the slowest.

And I won't make snap judgements about other people's relationships. PERSONALLY I would NOT be right back online looking for another relationship. I would be beyond devistated. To Jun I do not represent "oppertunity" she's scared of coming to the US - she has a good life in China, and she's giving it up for me.

I've got every right to be upset whether I have waited for a year, or for a month. So does anyone else here.

Shut up and wait? LOL If I responded to that how I wanted to, this thread would be locked and deleted. But thanks for the advice, pal.

Guest jimcope

Hi

If you recieved noa2 things will happen all by their selfs. It goes to china now and you set and wait for noa3 . Keep talking to you wife as much as you can and plan and plan the rest of you life.

enjoy.

Jim

Guangzhou is NOT the only embassy processing large numbers of K visas, and China is not the only country with applicants... yet they are by far the slowest.

Ya can't loose site of the fact that it is extremely difficult to get out of Communist China. It is not just the US that makes the process so extreme. My lp says its very difficult to get visa or immigrate outside of China to a lot of places in the free world esp for a single girl.

SEE CORRECTION FROM EEYORE BELOW

I DID want to add though, and anyone who has seen earlier posts by me will know I have said this before... I don't so much blame the individual workers in the GZ embassy. I have no doubt their plate is overfilled, and they are busting their asses for a thankless job. And no, I wouldn't want to be stuck in their shoes.

That doesn't justify the system leaving it that way though. If something is broken, it needs to be fixed, yes? My biggest gripe is the majority of attention the media and government gives to immigration issues concern the rights of illegal immigrants, the terrorists, etc while we are largely ignored. Priority is given to tourist, business, and student visas (which in China's case are processed in many embassies) while we get bumped to wait for them. In all those other cases - it's a foreign national applying for a US visa. In our case, it's a foreign national AND a US citizen. So shouldn't our citizenship give us priority? Isn't our government supposed to be for US first?

And yeah, I flew off the handle a little. But I think we're all entitled once in awhile. That's another thing that's good about this site. Sympathetic ears... (well for the mostpart) people who understand our frustration. Then I can go out and jump through all the hoops with somewhat of a smile.

jump through all the hoops with somewhat of a smile.

Can ya do a backhand spring followed by a 1 1/2 twist through the hoop.........................while its moving and speaking mandarin?. They may ask for it. :lol:

I share your frustration, my wife will have the dreaded GZ interview. The only part of the process that concerns me. Thank God we have this little support group.

T

"Ya can't loose site of the fact that it is extremely difficult to get out of Communist China. It is not just the US that makes the process so extreme. My lp says its very difficult to get visa or immigrate outside of China to a lot of places in the free world esp for a single girl."

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see the Chinese government doing anything except waving good bye.

A freind of my wife just left for England wih her new husband. He arrived in Nanning on June 14th, they were married on the 20th, went to Guangzhou Consulate June 28th filed Immigration papers, went back to Guanzhou consulate on the 5th of August, Husband and wife interveiw together( she speakes no english) for two hours, Leave that day with Visa, Fly out to England August 10th

I guess England does not have problems with terorists or people trafficking in Humans :lol:

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see the Chinese government doing anything except waving good bye.

If that were the case then why do people have travel to Hong Kong illegally to try and live only to get arrested in Hong Kong and taken back to the main land? If it were so easy to get out of China just to go Hong Kong people would not get arrested because they would have the necessary paperwork. Although it is true that getting to the states is harder than going to other places. I know of a Chinese person who was trying leave China to go to Australia to live and work and were denied based on their job title alone, the were considered an asset and were given a refusal, they are only an office worker. The Chinese government does not just wave good by, neither does the Russian government.

Depends on the visa catagory.