;)Trafficking by Marriage Brokers Called Serious

I am Sorry I did miss something. I was refering to getting visa's for our wifes and girlfriends. Not trying to illegally enter Hongkong or go to Austrailia to work. Please explain to me then what involvement the Chinese Government has, in the visa process that we are all going through? I have not heard of one situation were they have interfered in this process. Here again if I have missed something along these lines please tell me.

I am Sorry I did miss something. I was refering to getting visa's for our wifes and girlfriends. Not trying to illegally enter Hongkong or go to Austrailia to work. Please explain to me then what involvement the Chinese Government has, in the visa process that we are all going through? I have not heard of one situation were they have interfered in this process. Here again if I have missed something along these lines please tell me.

Exactly. If you have missed something, I think we all have. You and I were talking about family visas. I think Eeyore is being much more broad. China basically has nothing to do with the process we're involved in to my knowledge, exept perhaps if the visa recipient is under a government contract, active military, criminal, etc. Which isn't what we were talking about.

As far as I know the whole process slowdown, the examination of papers and records in excruciating detail, etc... is all the US side. I doubt the Chinese government is even aware of who all the applicants are during the bulk of the process (unless a name kicks up some kind of flag or something).

There are specific things pissing me off. Lists are easy to read, so here goes:

1.) The "last minute" bullshit they require us to have (video, notarized passport... I went back to China a second time to make a fuckin 5 minute video.....likely to be the most expensive video ever shot by an amateur!! It is just plain wrong not to abide by instructions THEY set up.from the get-go..you follow the guidelines, and they still screw you!

2) There is no desire to provide anyone with information...this is why you get recorded messages 90% of the time in GZ....and DOS will sometime boot you off "hold" when you have been waiting for an operator.

3) From what I've read on CFL, there seems to be some VO's with personal problems, or agendas conducting interviews....it is obvious to me that Iraqi prisoners at Abu Gharab aren't the only folks being mistreated by people representing our country....freedom of religion, speech and freedom to treat people like shit, huh????

4) Those who assume most of us would turn around and casually scour the net for another lifetime love are just as demented and prejudiced as anyone who would judge a person by thei color of their skin .HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ANY OF US OR QUESTION OUR SINCERITY?

I never served in the military, but I am sensitive to Jasons rage. I do not care if your timeline is 6 months or damn near 10 months like mine...we all suffer at the hands of the same shitty system..and that's what makes us alike.

Finally, I do not accept all the new excuses for delay...I am convinced the obstacles are put there because things have gotten out of hand in GZ.....bunch of douchebags they are!

I have to agree with Jason and others, it is not about the wait as so much as the lack of information being given to us. If the consulate in GZ was truthful in dealing with us, then they would not get the calls and e-mails constantly from people.

Tell us when there is a slow down of P-4's because it is tourist and student season. Tell us you are installing new equipment to use in Biometrics. Tell us before that we need the video, or notarized passport copies. Instead we send our wifes/fiancees to the VO and they get a blue slip and then are upset. They think it is their fault the visa was not granted. I want to be as prepared as possible, but without guidance from the consulate we have to find sites like this to get information.

In order to prove a legitimate relationship, I know certain things have to be looked at. But sometimes the VO does not want to look at the evidence that is presented to them. Carl and Bing being a perfect example of that. I just want the DOS to establish guidelines and make sure their people are following them.

I know fraud is in the system. I know of Vietnamese from work that said they would pay to have a family member marry an American, so they can get to the US. But the time from NOA2 to visa is a lot faster than GZ. Don't you think the USCIS should be looking just at hard at these other countries, as they do at China.

David

OK I just came home from work and read the rest of the reply. The only real Question I had for Jason was Why are You so mad, The rest of my post was about everyone petitioning in China not only Candle and I did not specificly say anyone or everyone would be looking for someone else right away. Or that any who met on the internet or any other way did not have a Legitinate Relationship. There is nothing wrong with meeting on the net. If I had not met A girl on the net I would not have been in China to meet Mei. And Yes truthfully I have to say I am jealous of Jasons timeline who wouldn't be. But I also wish him a Quick and easy process like everyone else. The SHUT UP AND WAIT I only said because he said it so many times in his post I now know I used the wrong words and I am sorry for that Jason. I didn't mean it to sound like I was telling You to shut up and wait. Because like I said the post was not directed to any one person I was just Quoting what Jason said. It came out wrong and I apolligize to everyone. There has to be some way of checking if the relationship is Legit and that will take time what can we do. I do not believe calling writing the president congressmen or senators. or GZ will Help anyone get here quicker. I have already tried some of these. So here I wait. Thank You JIM

Guangzhou is NOT the only embassy processing large numbers of K visas, and China is not the only country with applicants... yet they are by far the slowest.

Ya can't loose site of the fact that it is extremely difficult to get out of Communist China. It is not just the US that makes the process so extreme. My lp says its very difficult to get visa or immigrate outside of China to a lot of places in the free world esp for a single girl.

Correction.

After talking to my lao po about the visa issue she said that it is not the Chinese government that makes leaving the country so difficult. More or less it is a logistics problem, a high volume of Chinese moving to any given area can cause stress on the local population. The restrictions and delays come from the governments where Chinese migrate to. It is difficult for a single girl to get a visa to some places but its the country that she is traveling to that causes the problems. So I stand corrected and wanted to make sure I let everyone who read my post that the info is incorrect.