Finally, VISA is in the pocket!

First and foremost I want to go on record as saying a huge Thank -you to the GZ embassy for their efficient and professioinal approach towards giving my wife and son their K3/K4 visa. Contrary to what people will say, Their is nothing at all wrong with making a woman and her 10 year old son take a 10 hour bus ride to a strange city just to be told they need additional information, so therefore they must return at a later date. And there definitly isn't a thing at all wrong with sending out a letter to her saying she can come and get her Visa on any day she chooses, just so they once again can tell her they need additional time to prepare. It is not their fault that there was a convention going on in GZ at the time and that Hotel prices had been quadrupled, and that my wife had only brought enough money for the one night, and not the 2 nights she ended up having to stay. The efficient and professional organization that they are, they gave her the Visa on the 2nd day. I am sure that it takes a lot of preparing to print up the documents. I guess they needed that additional day on top of those 18 other days since they had sent her the letter.

Just wanted to say Thank you GZ, Your professionalism and efficiency is unlike any other i have ever dealt with!

2nd, I wanted to take the time to thank all my CFL brothers and sisters for all of your support and allowing me to vent when i needed to. It was a long hard road. I do not wish to do it again.

I know it is not completed yet, but i am sure it will be a whole lot easier with my wife by my side.

I will stay in touch with CFL. I am sure i will need more help along the way, and i am sure i will be able to offer more support along the way. Thanks to the creator of this message board. It has been a true oasis for us in need!

Thank you all, Patrick & Li

Patrick,

Congratulations, another step finished. Hopefully Li will be able to join us in the USA soon. Have you booked a flight yet?

You are right, it has to take a certain amount of insolence to force delay after delay on a person. Even little things like telling a person that it will be ready tomorrow rather than "NOW" can make larger problems than some people realize. What about working? Did Ling plan on returning to work today? Her son returning to school?

I am very glad to hear that this is all behind you.

BEST WISHES,

Clifford

Patrick,

Congratulations, another step finished.  Hopefully Li will be able to join us in the USA soon.  Have you booked a flight yet?

You are right, it has to take a certain amount of insolence to force delay after delay on a person.  Even little things like telling a person that it will be ready tomorrow rather than "NOW" can make larger problems than some people realize.  What about working?  Did Ling plan on returning to work today?  Her son returning to school? 

I am very glad to hear that this is all behind you.

BEST WISHES,

Clifford

Li can now quit her job and concentrate solely on completing her University degree. All she has left is passing her English exam. She has 2 chances to pass the exam this year. May 22 is the 1st date for her to try and pass, and June 19 is the 2nd date. Now that she is able to quit her job and study everyday without distractions, we are hoping she will be able to pass the 1st exam. If so, she will be coming to the USA sometime in late May or very early June. If not, it will be late June.

See ya, Patrick <_<

Congratulations Patrick, I'm very happy that you finally made it. I remember a beautiful message from the Bible who helps me deal with this long waiting now: "there's no rose without a thorn"..... I now realize that we should be prepared for the worst, and to give it all for our cause.