Hey all,

Well my MM got to GZ and thanks to you all we were very prepared. Still and obviously she was nervous. Because there is some kind of business or trade fair in GZ the hotel are booked or charging a fortune. So Mei and her daughter had to stay in some flea bag (so they did not waste our money) for almost 400RMB !!! The room was very, very small. Neither of them could sleep because of the poor conditions and they were nervous about the interview.

At about 5 am Mei asked her daughter "are you awake"?

The daughter (Pei) said "yes mama"

So they decided to get up and go to the consulate with no breakfast because they were to nervous. They got there around 6 am. THere were already 3 people in line. Shortly after a few people got in line. Then before 7 am they were shown in. Somehow Mei and Pei got number 1.

They waited some time and eventually were shown to a window. Mei was nervous and did not notice the window number. She was greeted by a nondescript woman with brown hair. The VO examined some papers and asked only several questions:

How did you meet?

.... My sister introduced us.

Why did your sister introduce you?

.... Because she thought we would be good together.

Has your fiance been to China?

.... Yes, 4 times.

Can I see his finacial information?

.... Yes, here it is (showed 2003 W-2's, 2002 and 2001 and 2000 complete. Vo glanced at them for 10 seconds)).

I see that your daughter custody changed in Feb 2003, why?

(Mei had difficulty explaining in English. A chinese woman was brought in to ask and listen to the answer)

.... My daughter has always lived with me. Only when GZ asked for the custody papers did I understand the ex-husband technically had custody. So we then prepared the proper papers.

VO asks daughter (Pei)>>> Have you lived with your father recently.

.... No, not for a very long time.

VO SAYS>>> OK, YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR VISA TOMMOROW AT 4PM.

The whole thing lasted about 4 minutes. She was out of there at 10am.

Thanks for all the help and support and I hope my experience can help someone else. Lastly best wishes to Carl and his sweety for a speedy reslolution.

Louis

:redblob: :angry: :redblob: :angry: :redblob: :angry: :redblob: :angry: :redblob: :angry: :redblob: :angry: :redblob: :angry: :redblob: :D :redblob: :D

CONGRATULATIONS

Thank GOD you didn't get "The Window from HELL"

It is about time.... You Deserve It.

Ummm, I thought your "Story" was different......

Didn't you go to China to meet your fiancee's sister.... And she was busy due to work and you met her sister instead????

Well, I am very glad that everything worked out for all of you.

Best Wishes,

Clifford

Yes Clifford, the sister was sent away by her work (probably to keep her from meeting an american who would take her away)

Mike... Mei and PeiPei will land in LAX on April 30th!!

Trigg.... I must admit that I had already bought the plane tickets. I know, I know not suppose to. But I had been searching for many weeks for tickets. The bad airlines (China Air I think) was at $600usd one way. The good one (Cathay Pacific) was $1,048usd non-stop one way. Then one day I looked and Cathay Pacific was only $610 and the seats were almost gone. So I bought them in advance. Still amazes me how the round trip originating in LAX is so much cheaper. Bottom line I don't need to put the beer down.

Frank.... Ya, I thought she might have gotten the cranky windowlady as well. Maybe our files are pre-decided? Not sure, but sure am happy.

Trigg.... I must admit that I had already bought the plane tickets. I know, I know not suppose to. But I had been searching for many weeks for tickets. The bad airlines (China Air I think) was at $600usd one way. The good one (Cathay Pacific) was $1,048usd non-stop one way. Then one day I looked and Cathay Pacific was only $610 and the seats were almost gone. So I bought them in advance. Still amazes me how the round trip originating in LAX is so much cheaper

If RT tickets (originating from China) are cheaper than one way tickets, then:

For K1 (and probably K3 visas), tell the airline that you have a 3 month visa and MUST buy a RT ticket (our government did that for us).

Then if somethow things don't get to the wedding, you even have a return ticket.

----- Clifford ------

They are cheaper for roundtrip if they originate in LAX but not if they originate in China. I was going to get a roundtrip ticket from LA and back for my finacee and then have her only use the return portion. But I was advised that this was a very very bad idea. My fiancee found tickets in China on Cathay air-one way from CAN (GZ) to SFO for $540 (three days notice). This was quite a bit cheaper than I could buy them in the states.