visa denied

This is just a thought Carl, but if you have a video already of you and her talking on yahoo, and the VO did not look at it, you may have what you need already. Maybe if she submits it you can save a lot of time and a trip to china. See what others think about it.

Trigg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so sad that they hold so much power over us. Why does my Government have the power to say who i will love and where she will come from?

I am not gonna feed ya shit and tell ya its chocolate. This is a huge bump in the road, but it has been overcome before, In fact i read at AAC where a man did just that recently. Took a lot of perseverance, but he overcame it.

Don't give up Carl, If you want this bad enough. You too can persevere!

Good luck, and if ya need anything...send me an E-mail or PM,

Patrick

Carl,

This recently happened to a guy on AAC (Yahoo group). I am sure Don will post about this shortly.

As I recall, the guy on AAC went to China and made a 5-minute video of he and his fiancée communicating in English, not Chinese. As I recall, the video was accepted and the visa granted.

The predominant advice on AAC was; don’t try and fight city hall. Showing up at GZ and demanding to speak to a VO would probably accomplish nothing. The advice was to give them something. This guy was in the same boat as you in that there was no way he could do a 5-minute tape in Chinese. English worked for him.

I would take a few deep breaths and wait for Don to do his “morning rounds”. I am sure he can provide more detail on this than I can.

Carl I agree!

You two can make a video of both of you speaking english and provide them to GZ. Can you call over there? Is there anyway you can explain to them that she is coming to America and you have made arrangements for her to study her english. Why the hell should you learn Chinese when she is coming here and will have to speak english. I am going to be in Guangzhou April 15th Carl and if there is anything I can do for you and Bing let me know! I'm not just saying that! PM me if I can offer any assistance.

Carl I agree!

You two can make a video of both of you speaking english and provide them to GZ.  Can you call over there?  Is there anyway you can explain to them that she is coming to America and you have made arrangements for her to study her english.  Why the hell should you learn Chinese when she is coming here and will have to speak english.  I am going to be in Guangzhou April 15th Carl and if there is anything I can do for you and Bing let me know!  I'm not just saying that!  PM me if I can offer any assistance.

The VO may have already asked Bing if she speaks English. If she said no, then the VO might find it suspicious if she were to come in with a tape of her speaking the language.

Maybe this is why the VO wants to see Carl speaking Chinese.

Carl, you have an army of letter writers here, and I'm sure many of us would be willing to write in on your and Bing's behalf - don't know how much good it'll do, but we're here for you.

Carl,

Between us, you have at least 50 letters a day that could be sent to GZ on yours and Bing's Behalf.

We have Linda Donahue's address.

I haven't met Bing (I guess I should have greeted her the night I met you, but I had a plane to catch and she was late logging in).

Based on the day you and I met, and your 1000+ posts on the candle, I know what is in your heart, and I think that counts for more than anything else in the world.

What we would need is your name, her name, and a GZ Case Number, and then the letters will start rolling...... Daily.

Of course, we don't want to piss someone off too much..... Perhaps we should wait for Don's input on this one.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

----- Clifford -----

Oh, Carl,

If you do try to study a bit of Chinese.....

Make sure you learn some of the more "Colorful" terminology.

You do want to be able to express your feelings to the interviewers at the consulate don't you :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hey, if it was English, you could make a whole 5 minute tape with no words longer than 4 letters long :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Carl I agree!

You two can make a video of both of you speaking english and provide them to GZ.  Can you call over there?  Is there anyway you can explain to them that she is coming to America and you have made arrangements for her to study her english.  Why the hell should you learn Chinese when she is coming here and will have to speak english.  I am going to be in Guangzhou April 15th Carl and if there is anything I can do for you and Bing let me know!  I'm not just saying that!  PM me if I can offer any assistance.

The VO may have already asked Bing if she speaks English. If she said no, then the VO might find it suspicious if she were to come in with a tape of her speaking the language.

Maybe this is why the VO wants to see Carl speaking Chinese.

Hey Frank,

I see your point, but I read on a website somewhere (Been looking for it all day) that this guy was asked for a tape. He went into the consolate and asked for a supervisor and explained (with evidence) that he has prepared english lessons for his MM and told the supervisor that she is coming to America and it wouldn't make any sense at all that he is required to learn Chinese. He showed them the steps that he made for her to learn more english upon arrival and they resonsidered the case. Anyone see this website? The guy put the whole story on that site explaining what happened. I just can't find the site again. His MM even had a child that didn't speak english and he showed the classes that he is prepared to enroll her into so that they both can improve their english. Everyone here knows that if our MM's stay in China they will never learn the correct enlish anyway. This is stupid! Two people love each other and communicate just fine without someone asking them to prove it with a tape. Regardless Carl, if you need anything I will be leaving today and arriving in China April 15th. Good luck!

Carl,

Start planning a trip back to China now.

But, also work on the problem. Perhaps you can find a solution before the trip.

I would assume that you need the following:

- 1- Show that you have a valid relationship and true feelings (this is obvious to all of us here).

- 2 - Show that you can communicate both verbally and written (netcam with voice should demonstrate this).

- 3 - Show that you have a future plan for language skill improvement (University Classes / ESL programs).

- 4 - Show that you are working on continuing to build your relationship and have future plans together.

You know, one thing that I think means a lot is that you cared enough about the gifts that you brought Bing and her family that they weren't bought in an airport gift shop.... They were HAND MADE.

----- Clifford -----

..... Video isn't my thing, but my understanding is that the US and China use a different VHS format. Make sure the one Bing takes in is in the standard used in China.

Donasho;

I think the difference you are thinking of is the broadcast system (TV signal) in the USA we use NTSC and over here in China they use PAL.

PAL has higher lines of resolution. You can have a VHS tape shot in NTSC... which it would be if shot in the USA, converted to PAL. Look for a video dubbing company or call most wedding places as they would most likely know where you can have an NTSC tape converted to PAL.

This is a little dated, using VHS format in China where they are using cutting edge Digital, hmmm. If you go with a VCD it can be put into your cd player and many freeware or shareware programs can play it, but as you say don't cause problems and if they want VHS give them VHS.

Mark

Geez Warped:: I was already to give you two high Fives.. I am really disapointed too... I am sad for you, of course nowadays it doesnt take much for me to be sad..

I told my wife to save her receipts from English school or get a certified document that says she has taken English Classes. I have taken Pictures of my Computer screen of my wife and I instant messaging in English, along with our web cam pictures on there. I still have time to act before Jiejuns interview so I will certainly look at all posts for this subject..

I have been taking pictures of American Malls, Stores, Road Signs , house, parks, rivers,Ocean ( Atlantic City) and any thing else I can think of for her to show the VO that she is learning About America and she is Learning English..

My Wifes words: mother,father,brother,sister,son,daughter,not,much,many no,know,yes,hello,goodbye,shopping,eat,rice,trip,tour,duck,chicken,jeep, home, MONEY, dirty,clean, JJ Loves Wayne, JJ Misses Wayne, and we add more everyday.. getting them in sentences is easy.. I write the sentence, pronounce it for her and then let have a go at it. If it sounds good I repeat it and so does she. I give her alot of Great Job Done to build her confidence. But all in all Carl I feel for you and Bing I know your Heart Dropped 2 feet when you heard and I can Imagination how Bing must of Felt.. If she needs someone to Talk to in China I can e-mail you my Wifes # and they can Chat about it..

This is really a shock to all of us here at cfl Carl

what you need to do is take a breather.

everyone of these advise is good.

I think Carl said the VO ask for a video of him speaking Chinese.

Why not give her (VO) what she wants

We have many members here who are Chinese or have love ones who are Chinese. We all can help him with a word or two or maybe even a sentence.

I am sure we can do it for Carl and Bing.

resp